With mask posted above, and below items from ThatsCoolWire.com

6" Long strips

2x 2.5" squares

splitter

power supply

gel sheet to color the white EL (electro-luminesence) sheets

Using a good search on amazon a couple different selections of masks:

Sperian Protection S8500 Bionic Face Shield

Uvex S8510 Bionic Shield, Black Matte Face Shield, Clear Polycarbonate Anti-Fog/Hardcoat Lens

LandQreuzer likes this

Hmmm, almost there...

planning.jpg

Always plan before hand. Traced the removable shield, scanned and did alittle math to figure on the "pixel" placement for the glowing eyes & mouth.

shield_planning.jpg

The EL sheets with the "light green" coloring sheet. The inverter has 2 flash modes & a steady mode. The slower flashing mode pulses almost like the cursor on green screen computers.

planning_el_sheets.jpg

Thanks. Though the window tint isn't fully flat (bubbles) but in the dark hard to tell. Just have to paint the frame of the mask and insert the shield in. Then will get better pic.

Holy ****. I just now went and looked at this EL tape stuff. How have I not known about this before? I feel a netduino project coming on.

Travis9x likes this

Holy ****. I just now went and looked at this EL tape stuff. How have I not known about this before? I feel a netduino project coming on.

I hope I didn't create a monster now.

Acruxionus likes this

Could have done a few things better. Moved the eyes down & in a block each. Tried to apply the window tint a little better. But came out decent for a first attempt. May try to take it apart in a few weeks to adjust the eyes in some.

final_sitting.jpgfinal_wearing.jpg

video of the "flashing" though irl it's a more consistent flashing

Went to trunk & treat events with my sister's family (niece, nephew & bro in law), got some looks of people liking the mask. Some thought I was a robot, had to explain was a computer hacker. Even had 3 girls (though jr high age roughly, unfortunately) came up to me and were asking about it.

RXT00, LandQreuzer and Travis9x like this

You know. What use would a mask be to someone who is without a face? Where would they even wear it? On their skull stump?

they may be faceless but they're not headless.
RXT00 and Supertrampoline like this

You know. What use would a mask be to someone who is without a face? Where would they even wear it? On their skull stump?

Believe me, you'd rather I wear the mask. Unless you fancy some nightmares. Which can be arranged.

vernavg60, Malchir and RXT00 like this