Strateg1st

Oddball Strategy

34 posts in this topic

I've been employing odds tactics lately trying to coordinate and cooperate with a faceless operative in my area. You tend to come up with some odd tactics in a situation like this, which led me to wonder,

What's the oddest tactic you've ever employed to attack or defend a zone?

corinnecg2 and carpinteyronxr like this

well How about your all odd ball strategy's are top secret sorry for the inconvenience

leigh likes this

I once tried this stupid idea I had of sneaking into a zone. I cleared the attackers and built deflect until I was ready to cap the zone, then Started clearing there deflect. It was very slow, boring and failed in the long run. Its much better to just attack head on, and far more fun.

Its not a terrible strategy, its one I use when I know a zone isn't being monitored. I'll share one I had.

been intensely fighting against a legion agent while also trying to take zones away from an inactive faceless member. I built up nothing but deflectors after clearing the offense, also deployed a good bit of divert. I kept adding deflect until my total doubled the faceless total. He eventually did attack, but only ended up clearing out the trash fornme while I assaulted another one of his zones lol

I've been employing odds tactics lately trying to coordinate and cooperate with a faceless operative in my area. You tend to come up with some odd tactics in a situation like this, which led me to wonder,

What's the oddest tactic you've ever employed to attack or defend a zone?

Swarm working with faceless is how we do down in Florida. We would love to get another state working as CEL.

ap0c3030 likes this

disregarding any personal oppinion.

http://portal.qonqr....ne/WorldDetails

Logically looking at the numbers. any faction that allies with the faceless would be signing their own death certificate in the long term. This game tends to attract technologically savvy players, and the Faceless faction has the most tech appeal. with the release of android looming overhead, the average percentage of users joining the factions will probably stay around the same, or turn even more in favor of the faceless. In any war any small force that allies with a larger power will inevitably be betrayed and whipped out, or absorbed into the larger power. It would be far wiser for an alliance between the two smaller factions for a more even battle plan for the future,

While local situations currently vary, Inevitably the games population will increases. It will become far less about whats in your own state and become more about whats going on within 400 miles of your location. Both the legion and swarm need to look at the way they are viewing the game for the long term.

JPT, R3dSt1ng and tetra like this

I see what you're saying, and its a valid point. However temporary truces do sometimes ha e to be established in certain situations.

Me and this faceless member were helping each other take down these 1 mil zones he likes to create every other day. Yeah, we had to put a stop to that. No way we could take those on ourselves.

CEL wouldn't work for me because I only work with one faceless member in my area lol. The rest hate me haha.

Oddest tactic I have used was attacking a heavily defended faceless zone once, and watch the paranoid cuber dump another 50-100K bots into the base, then I attack them everywhere else and wait for them to spend more cubes to clear me out there. I realize this will make it harder for me once they quit, but everybody has a price they won't pay for a game. Unfortunately, I haven't found their limit yet.

Bacchus likes this

I see what you're saying, and its a valid point. However temporary truces do sometimes ha e to be established in certain situations.

Me and this faceless member were helping each other take down these 1 mil zones he likes to create every other day. Yeah, we had to put a stop to that. No way we could take those on ourselves.

CEL wouldn't work for me because I only work with one faceless member in my area lol. The rest hate me haha.

read this post http://community.qonqr.com/index.php?/topic/2677-winning-the-game-or-qonqr-v2/

Oddest tactic I have used was attacking a heavily defended faceless zone once, and watch the paranoid cuber dump another 50-100K bots into the base, then I attack them everywhere else and wait for them to spend more cubes to clear me out there. I realize this will make it harder for me once they quit, but everybody has a price they won't pay for a game. Unfortunately, I haven't found their limit yet.

lol i have spent so much money on this game and I honestly don't care I still have a bunch more. Besides all of it goes to Scott and the rest of the Qonqr guys so why not :P

(PS buy off the Qonqr portal)

leigh likes this

I think the link is for a topic in the faceless forum. I'll see if a spy can have a look!;-)

More oddball tactics or plain cheating?

Don't really have a spy.

Or do I?

Ha ha! more tactics....

Here's another: let a person who's new to your area take and keep a zone he attacked and build it a little to discover their tactics and their response to attacks and counter attacks. Or rather its more intelligence gathering. Then I wipe them off the map.

The Faceless own Baton Rouge La and every now and then 1 or 2 people start playing and we let them build up to about 1m and then we destroy him in about 30 min. our kills go up and his spirits go down... along with his bot count hahahahaha :P

A_mai1298 likes this

Oddball tactic. Stackings 100's of thousands of seekers. It takes a lot credit to break it all down. In the meantime the person is building up defenses and support bots. By the time you wittle those down they have a significant defense built up. Also the 18 hour day seems to be popular. -_-, Oh to be young again.

I know that this doesn't help the game much but I prefer to stomp out little fires before they get out of control. In other words, loading up every zone with as many bots around a new player to discourage them from playing. I often think of myself and how weak I was when I first started. I had no recruiter and no friends. There weren't any other faceless players near me that I could see so I started off completely on my own. I was so pathetic that the rival faction players seemed to pay me as little attention and effort as possible, only attacking enough until my bots were removed from a zone and then leaving it undefended. I eventually got better. I put down a random person as my recruiter for the heck of it who turned out to be a big help to me. I control almost just about every zone within a 10 mi radius from where I live which isn't really much but I couldn't bear to think of something like that happening with a new player of a rival faction. Before stomping out a swarm player though, I always have to check with them for their recruiter. We too have an alliance between swarm and faceless players in at least my part of NC. If they've none, bye-bye. That's how I play. With other, more experienced enemies though, I always go one, sometimes two zones at a time. Once I've got a decent amount of defense in there, on to the next one.

Vile likes this

I was the only swarm in my area when i started. I pretty much did the same thing as you. However I recruited a couple people and they were swarm for a while and decided it was boring because I controlled most of the area. They didn't see the big picture of all the conflicts occurring at the faceless and legion borders.

they end up switching, faceless and legion respectively. But when they did switch i have them a huge dose of reality and went out of my way to stomp them flat until they switch back or quit. The last thing I need is more enemies when I'm the only swarm in my area. Is it so much to ask for one ally in my area?? Apparently so lol

leigh and A_mai1298 like this

This is a problem when you control a huge range of zones. Too many to fully beef up, not enough enemies to attract new same faction. Some recent Swarm locals played for a couple of months or so, all at once then seemingly quit all at once too! Apart from some choice takedowns the rest can stay as fodder for whoever else turns up. Thank god for missiles :-D

I kinda wish I had condensed my kingdom so new players had something to do. Its pretty defended though. A crack here and there.

leigh likes this

I was trying to take down a very powerful, very experienced faceless player with the help of a fellow swarm. Well, the faceless got a bunch of allies in his area but soon they betrayed him and joined the legion. The traitors then spread themselves too thin. I took back a few zones they took from my ally and sent a message to them offering them a truce in exchange for the destruction of the faceless player's zones. They accepted and by the very next he had lost two thirds of his primary holdings. I then sent him a message offering him to join the swarm to help take back his lands. He is currently thinking about it.

Strateg1st likes this

Not baaad, bit bad at all (well, maybe a little haha) I ought to do something like that lol

disregarding any personal oppinion.

http://portal.qonqr....ne/WorldDetails

Logically looking at the numbers. any faction that allies with the faceless would be signing their own death certificate in the long term. This game tends to attract technologically savvy players, and the Faceless faction has the most tech appeal. with the release of android looming overhead, the average percentage of users joining the factions will probably stay around the same, or turn even more in favor of the faceless. In any war any small force that allies with a larger power will inevitably be betrayed and whipped out, or absorbed into the larger power. It would be far wiser for an alliance between the two smaller factions for a more even battle plan for the future,

While local situations currently vary, Inevitably the games population will increases. It will become far less about whats in your own state and become more about whats going on within 400 miles of your location. Both the legion and swarm need to look at the way they are viewing the game for the long term.

you would say that, being legion ;)

this game's story line kinda precludes legion & swarm ever linking up, they are totally opposed to each other. faceless being faceless they could ally themselves with either legion or swarm, or even both before ultimatly 'sort of' betraying one or the other.

legion want to destroy the AI, faceless do too, they just want to pick its brains first.

swarm want to protect the AI, faceless do too, until theyve had a chance to pick its brains.

thats why we make such great allies.