The Official QONQR Community Forums

So this a.m. I get a message from a player from the swarm faction. He is unhappy with recent game play and decides to let me know. He actually sends me two messages back to back. The messages aren't out of the ordinary for game play except he addresses me by my real name. I've been CAREFUL not to share my name in game and group chats. Lets be honest, there are some crazy people out there and most of the people we fight daily live less than 50 miles away. I wouldn't want some nut job taking the game to serious and trying to hurt me or my family in the real world. (stranger things have happened) Then he sends another player from the faceless faction a message that included my name. This faceless member said it was the second message he had received from this guy including my name.

Now I ask you this, why would someone feel the need to find out who you are in the real world? And then to share it with others? Is that to intimidate? People this is a game! If you feel the need to find out who someone is maybe you need to take a break. I mean I have made some friends and some frienemies. I've even came across people that make me happy I don't know who they are. If ya know what I mean. lol! But anonymity needs to be respected. I don't know you. I dont need to know your real name. I don't wish you harm. I find some of these gamer tags way more interesting than real names anyway. I have shared a few personal things with people but this disturbs me. Who wants to hear on the news some day that some nut job that got crushed in an op used personal information to track someone down and harm them in the real world? Not me. And crazier things have happened.

Once something is out. its out. Now I don't even know if I want to continue playing. Respect is all im saying.

Later

It definitely would be a problem, Idk how the info could have gotten out unless you said your name somewhere or used the same username in other places that had info like that.

luckily for me, I live on a military base so I'd like to see some nutjob try to track me down haha

In my case my name is quite obvious when you follow me in Twitter. When I made the account @JPT was already taken so I used my real name instead.

And people do have their real names in their Twitter accounts quite often.

Could it be that you use Twitter for some messages and that is where some could take your name from?

Ever "Like" anything on the Qonqr facebook page? That could be a giveaway

something i noticed that i wasn't happy about so i went back to change was when you review a game it gives your name, just your first name mind you but still, combined with a gps game that gives away your location to the nearest mile or so [in this case, in other games it may be even less]. if you're called bob or steve it's not an issue but if you have an unusual name.. you're giving up quite a bit of information playing this game as it is.... if you ply all day everyday like a lot of us do then your home, workplace and holidays are pretty much logged...

SO WHAT IF THEY KNOW WHO YOU ARE, PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE IF THEY EVER COME UP TO YOU.

TAKE THE DEVICE AND SWITCH HIS FACTION.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

I WISH THE SWARM KNEW WHO I WAS, CAUSE PERSONALLY I WOULD LOVE TO PUNCH THAT CHEATING SCUM.

sorry qonq admins, do not ban me.

SO WHAT IF THEY KNOW WHO YOU ARE, PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE IF THEY EVER COME UP TO YOU.

TAKE THE DEVICE AND SWITCH HIS FACTION.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

I WISH THE SWARM KNEW WHO I WAS, CAUSE PERSONALLY I WOULD LOVE TO PUNCH THAT CHEATING SCUM.

sorry qonq admins, do not ban me.