1. 1. Payout 10 million qredits to top 100 in winning faction

• Too high
    • Too low
    • Just right
  2. 2. Harvesting Boost for all members of winning faction

• 10% too high
    • 10% too low
    • 10% just right

Finally, we are planning to add new medals. The person who discovers Atlantis will earn the Discovery Award worth 8 rank points. First, second, and third in each faction will earn medals for each position worth 8, 4, and 2 rank points respectively.

To clarify: There's one 8 pt award for being the first to Discover Atlantis. Then there's another medal for being the first to find it in your faction. So if it's the first time they've found it first, they'll jump up 16 points?

Why can't everyone just be grateful they have taken the time and energy to now implement some rewards for Atlantis... Some sayings come to mind, firstly "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth", and secondly "Better late than never". Time for everyone to stop moaning and crying for the toys they believe they 'should' have received and just be happy they have been given toys at all...

I participated in the first Atlantis but not in this most recent one as I was busy with my own territory, but I still don't feel the need to cry out for dessert 5 months after finding out that it 'could, maybe, possibly' have existed on the menu then.

If you still feel so strongly all of you about backdating the rewards, how about you just work for the developers and give us ALL the new stuff that the developers could EVER FOR THE LIFE of this game give us RIGHT NOW... Cos i guarantee you will be the first to complain when they give us something you feel should have been in the game from the very first nanosecond despite the 'progressive nature of development of a game (yes thats is why they are called 'developers', because it deveeeelllopppps over time to become bigger and better and more rewarding...)

Rant over :D

I for one would take a job that doesn't pay immediately but then rewards me better later... It's called a deferred payment system and if the return on investment is good then you would be an idiot not to take such an offer ;)

It seems like everyone is misunderstanding where most faceless are coming from.

The "official" battle at Atlantis was already biased to begin with. What reasonable Faceless, after seeing the incineration of 30 million bots in the April Atlantis would want to make any effort at July Atlantis again? What reasonable Faceless, after seeing hundreds of $ wasted, and only Cas/Amberkin receiving a T-shirt, would want to deploy? Might I add that the original Atlantis was never deemed a "test" until after it was sunk. It was surely a testament to Faceless dedication to see even a single Faceless in July Atlantis! To quote monk, we were "the faction who expected no surprise gift, but just helped support each other" when we deployed without reservations in the original Atlantis. And thus far, we have received no surprise gift. And to those that say that July Atlantis is the "real thing", clearly, it was still a test, seeing as the rules were being changed in the middle of play.

The question you must answer is this: what makes July's Atlantis any more rewardable than the April Atlantis?

Lluuf hit the nail on the head with this last post. I belong to the group on the US East Coast that helped plan and takeover the original Atlantis. I personally contacted and talked with over 200 players from around the world to help with the operation. Do you think that was easy? I know a lot of people said we just cubed our way to a win, but that was not even close to accurate. I had also stacked quite a bit (though not as much as others). Still, I played a big role in the way we took and kept Atlantis. A few weeks later, I, along with many other faceless, saw all that time and work disappear in the blink of an eye.

So, when the new Atlantis was announced, all I could think was, "Why in the world would I want to do that again?" That single act of sinking the first Atlantis made me no longer trust the devs, and convinced me that there was zero point in participating in the new Atlantis. I had fun with the first one, but if they were just going to keep sinking and destroying bots, what's the point?

This is the reason I feel the change of rules in the middle of the game is unfair. Not because faceless didn't win, but because faceless DID win, only to see everything we did wasted.

Frankly, I couldn't care less about whether I get the reward or not. I'm also not asking for a reward for the original Atlantis, because that would be hypocritical on my part. If a team wins the new Atlantis, then go ahead and give them the reward. But I know many people who didn't participate for the same exact reason as me.

If anything, I care more about my bots than any reward. Maybe instead of sinking Atlantis every month, you could freeze it instead. That way, at least everyone who plays, whether they win or lose, gets to keep their bots to help them climb any world leaderboard they may be trying to climb.

+1 for the idea of locking a atlantis.

it would be kinda cool to go back and look at how each round ended and to have those bots "frozen" in time. pretty cool idea and i doubt it'd be very difficult to implement.

I find it quite ironic that you talk about Atlantis being 'sunk'... Wasn't that what ACTUALLY happened to Atlantis to begin with (IRL I mean).

I like the idea of freezing Atlantis (Whats the upkeep, if any, on doing this Silver?). Don't know if it takes up room on the servers, but that's the only issue I can imagine... If it is too much upkeep is there another solution, maybe a Wall of Fame on the forums or Qonqr website so that the end result can be immortalized without taking up room on the servers? Don't know about the bot counts relating to leaderboards, that could be a bit more tricky to link into the 'dynamic portion of the game :/

Silver may also have the data required from the first Atlantis to still be able to implement the Wall of Fame idea?

On another note, you ask what you got from the first Atlantis since it has been sunk? Well, you won didn't you? You have the knowledge that you did so (regardless of how you did it, that will always be debated I am sure, so freezing it ain't gonna stop that debate). I know if I win something, a race, a competition, whatever, i don't necessarily need it immortalized in order to feel any less about the achievement :) Feel proud no matter what :D

Bob    6

+1 for the idea of locking a atlantis.

Agree,

But I don't quite follow Kirra87's logic, in Bot attrition topic he/she favours of bot self destruct (if I got it right):

"we have players with millions of bots stacked sky high in my area and those guys quit last summer after getting deployed overseas."

But here it is ok to lock Atlantis.

Affect to world leaderboard bot count is the same :)

I agreed with locking Atlantis so that people who battled really hard and/or had some of the zones named after themselves could hold on to that recgnition and so we could see the end results of different Atlantis strategies as the months roll on.

That has nothing to do with having stacked every zone in a major city to 150k-2mil and snuffing out any chance of a new player standing a chance.

Exactly as Kirra said... Remember there would be a new Atlantis popping up to replace it. Big difference between a zone that stays locked in your home town with no other alternatives to replace it and having the distance limits applying still too, and a zone with NO range restrictions, that gets replaced, but is locked as it was a 'major worldwide event'. Do we not remember and celebrate our war heros and keep memorials of them? We don't hold rememberance for the school bully that beat ya up in 2nd grade (totally different battle...)

;)

I deployed into Atlantis not looking for reward but to be able to play with/against qonqrers from around the world. I personally don't care if we get rewarded for the battle of Atlantis. I do however believe that the battle for Atlantis goes for too long for how frequent it is, a 15 day battle every month is too much for alot of people and I believe it should be shortened to a 7 day battle (2 days to prepare/build and 5 days of open warfare) or have a month long battle bi-annually or quarterly

Agree with Willie on the length of time - A 2 day build would then also increase the benefit of being an early finder of Atlantis.

The other option would be to have Atlantis less frequently (say quarterly).

I too, agree with the above posts. I feel like I only just finished the last epic slug fest and am settling back into the swing of home qonqring when I have to back up and do it all again.

Of the two solutions I think just dropping the frequency would be better. The duration is good as it allows for a significant period of time for power swings, changes in alliances and faction rallies which make everything so much more interesting. But I feel doing it every month will have a bit of a burnout factor.

Ha ha, that's sooo funny.

Self employment is hard hard work. 60-80 hr weeks are the norm for me.

I occasionally wonder how I manage to make a profit somtimes, but I do because of the bonkers hours that I do.

Here is the final decision on Atlantis.

Qredit payouts are unchanged. 10 million, 4 million and 1 million qredits for the top 100 players (including ties for 100th place) in each faction for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. We have done the math and this payback returns a reasonable portion of the qredits spent on Atlantis back to the players. As a net effect, it pulls more qredits out of the game economy than it puts in. So anyone concerned with "inflation in the game economy" need not worry. Many of the top players who will receive the biggest payouts of qredits would have received more credits if they had exchanged the cubes they spent on Atlantis for qredits. (This in no way indicates which of the top players spent cubes.) So again, for most players, Atlantis is a battle for pride, not for profit, which is our goal. Don't cube your way to victory if you goal is only to get a payday.

Qredits will be paid out when I get time to do it (manual process each month), but will be paid before the next Atlantis begins.

Discovering Atlantis medal will be worth 1 rank point. Some day we hope/plan to have a better profile screen for you to showcase your achievements. Having the "Discoverer of Atlantis" Medal is a very exclusive club since there will be at most 12 given a year. In this case we are going for prestige over points. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place medals for Atlantis will be awarded per faction. 4,2,1 rank points per medal. All Atlantis medals can be earned only once. The rank points were adjusted down based on player feedback for the difficulty of gaining rank points in Atlantis versus the other 8 point medals.

As I stated when we announced the winning Atlantis features, it is unlikely we will have the harvest benefits done this month. We will endeavor to have the feature complete in the next few weeks so the winning faction can sleep the last week of August. This will be the only faction wide award all faction members receive, regardless of participation in the Atlantis battle.

Atlantis duration will remain at 15 days for August and September. We will consider shortening the battle after September.

There has been many requests by top players to give some or all their winning qredits to new players, especially those who were instrumental in holding the Grunt zones in Atlantis. We loved this idea, it represents the very best of our players and our community. However, after much, much deliberation and internal debate we have decided not to do this. The risk of abuse exists within this redistribution of credits, allowing multi-scopers to level a secondary scope faster. Probably more damaging than that actually happening is the constant bickering that would result from the perception that is what is happening, regardless if it is or not. We have decided not to establish a precedence which would allow players to demand that credits be transferred from one account to another. Sorry, but a good and generous idea was shot down by the problems that would undoubtedly follow.

"There has been many requests by top players to give some or all their winning qredits to new players, especially those who were instrumental in holding the Grunt zones in Atlantis. We loved this idea, it represents the very best of our players and our community. However, after much, much deliberation and internal debate we have decided not to do this. The risk of abuse exists within this redistribution of credits, allowing multi-scopers to level a secondary scope faster. Probably more damaging than that actually happening is the constant bickering that would result from the perception that is what is happening, regardless if it is or not. We have decided not to establish a precedence which would allow players to demand that credits be transferred from one account to another. Sorry, but a good and generous idea was shot down by the problems that would undoubtedly follow." silver

How about if the top players that want to donate can create a "weapons cache". I would be happy to donate to a weapons cache.

Willie,

This maybe an option for future Atlantis outcomes. There is some work needed before that would be possible. Player managed weapons caches can't be done until we build some admin tools. At first glance, the risk of abuse is much less, but I need to think about it more.

Hey Silver,

Just wanted to say Thank You! You've done an amazing job with improvements on the game, Atlantis, and weapons caches, etc. Please also tell the rest of the team thank you, and especially your family. They've sacrificed a lot for you to create this game, and we really appreciate the amount of time and work you've put into it. So thank you!

Thought I'd have a little look at Atlantis in-game but even though the map on the Portal shows where it is, I still can't find it. Maybe the map is lying to me, it's in the middle of China right? Wait, that can't be right :blink:

How Arc actually managed to find it without help is beyond me :o

Butterball, Atlantis I located in Lake Michigan, happy hunting!

You can't fool me!!! Turns out Safari hates Bing maps so as I zoomed out it somehow re-centred to the middle of China. :blink:

I must say unless the Windows in-game map is much faster than iOS and/or allows more zones to be loaded the only way I can see people finding Atlantis is pure luck (yeah right) or with the use of some external tool :o