The Official QONQR Community Forums
dings90

What's in a name?

Kalkin, also called Kalki, final avatar (incarnation) of the Hindu god Vishnu, who is yet to appear. At the end of the present Kali age, when virtue and religion have disappeared and the world is ruled by unjust men, Kalkin will appear to destroy the wicked and to usher in a new age. He will, according to tradition, be seated on a white horse with a naked sword in his hand, blazing like a comet. He is less commonly represented in painting and sculpture than the other avatars of Vishnu and is shown either on horseback or accompanied by his horse. According to some legends of the end of the world, Kalkin’s horse will stamp the earth with its right foot, causing the tortoise which supports the world to drop into the deep. Then the gods will restore the earth once again to its former purity. So, watch out you wicked Faceless and Swarm.

Well mine, brussel, actually has nothing to do with the place, but rather was a nickname for one of my friends, named Brad, who always showed off his muscles. Hence br(ad)(m)uscle and then shortened and made to work into brussel by myself.

My original handle was Atomic MonkeY. I used it on a bunch of stuff, but nothing angered me more than being called 'automatic' monkey (curse you XBL voice chat and your 12 year olds!)

I decided to drop 'atomic' and went with a more simplistic 'Dah Monkeh'. I still use that one when Monkeh is taken, but my friends and some family members have all started calling me Monkeh. I like it, especially in public because they let out this manly bellowing "Muuuuunnnnnnn- keh!" and everyone around turns with a "WTF?!" look on their face.

B*tch they're calling, me not you - turn the f around! Priceless.

Some many years ago, some friends were asking about middle names. Mine is Tatwa, but the 2nd "T" is silent (Grandfather's first name), they liked it and slightly modified it to the situation. Me being 75 inches tall and a good head above the rest of them, I went from Ta-wa to Tower.

Always liked the name Kirra ever since I went into PacSun as a kid and got surfing gear.

Plus all the Kirra apparel for guys at the time had hot surfer girl graphics on the back and the board shorts with leis were nice and baggy.

Over the years movies like Push and animes like Death Note made the name Kira more popular, but that translation means "killer" in japanese. Kirra is japanese means sunlight, which was an unintended bonus to my love of the beach and waves.

However, where qonqr is concerned, i'm more than happy to drop one of my "r"s and destroy some bots.

Cheers. ^_^

When I was a kid (11ish), a friend of mine and I were playing 'pretend'. Mortal Kombat 3 had just come out so we were coming up with some crazy story relating to that. I don't remember the story, but I remember trying to come up with names. I like Raiden and she liked Sindel. She ended up with the name Sinden and I had Rayndel. (I think we though it was spelt Syndel at the same, I'm not sure. Maybe I just thought Raindel looked dumb, because it does.) I ended up using it for everything.

And Monkeh, I feel your pain for the XBLive mispronounciations. I don't know how many times I've been called 'Randall' but it drives me nuts. The name is phoenetic for crying out loud! There's a Y! Rain-dell =Þ

My username is a family in-joke - when I was 7 I lost a quiz in church once by declaring Christopher Columbus' three ships were the Nina, the Pinta and the Tria Marie. To be fair, we'd spent a couple of hours the week before seeing the HMS Trincomalee, so I managed to smush Santa Maria and Trincomalee into one name. I figured it made a funny username for a Windows app I probably wouldn't play any longer than a week. UM.

Hard to believe it, but back when Guitar Hero came out, there was no online leaderboards. But a friend and I both posted our scores on ScoreHero.com, and had gotten pretty competitive with trying to one-up each other on scores. During that time, I bought an Xbox 360 and needed a gamertag. With our rivalry fresh in my mind, I decided to include his last name in my monkier of "BetterThanRiley" and have used that for community names ever since.

Well mine was some dumb high school thing my brother, random misfits, and I did after watching **** like clockwork orange, alice in wonderland and being forced to read the King James version bible until teenage years. We wore stupid hats, and gothed out. My brother is gone now, so is fond memories of teenage stupidity.

I was a great fan of a demon named Kumbhakarna of Hindu Mythology. The thing that really fascinated me was his sleeping pattern cause he used to sleep for six months and remained active for next six.

and there's a mountain named Kumbhakarna literally translates to "mountain with shoulders" the same giant demon who after losing an arm and head in the war with god rama, resided there in his last breath. In our Kirat religion, we regard it a sacred holy mountain.

So i just took first three letters of his name i.e {K U M} translates to "shoulders" thinking that i would also give my shoulders support to lift swarm against other factions.

As for the suffix, it is just a random pick of some meaningless sounds such as aajaaa, juretttt, makaaarooo, Aaluuuu, laatikaroo & finally ended up with Gernnn. So be it, i thought a while and kumgern was a perfect name although didn't have any meaning & I sometimes forgetting the name itself at the initial first few days.

and that's it. end of my story :)

P.S. When atlantis was 15 days long battle, i tried to follow Kumbhakarna's habit & i was like live for 15 days and offline till next atlantis.

P.P.S. Photo of his statue and the mountain.

post-28267-0-60323900-1418913315_thumb.j

post-28267-0-40590500-1418913324_thumb.j

My name is probably one that falls into that head scratching category.

Tiomun [ Tie - O - Mun ]

So Story time then. My name history in a nut job.

Way way back in the days of 2D text based web games (Text based 2d games just means there was alot of text output, and no 3D graphics. so very similar to many of the mobile apps out there now. qonqr reminds me a lot of those games.). I created a character with this name. It was completely made up to avoid any issues with people using my name before I could join. To this day when I find that I cant use this name its usually because I made a account a few years back and forgot about it.

Before I created Tiomun I used to use the names Wolfe mainly, However that became quite popular over time and I was the **** original. no way was I going to ruin my name with random meaningless numbers on the end, or in place of vowels. So Tiomun was born.

Names I used to go by: (some are horribly stupid)

Wolfe

GreyWolfe (the only attempt to continue using Wolfe)

BillyBillyJoeJoe (I was like 8 its about as stupid as a name can get, I thought it was hilarious at the time)

CalicoMage (not rainbow colored in any way, was more a reference to a calico cat. I hate cats though so wtf was I thinking)

Cumpinator (terminator of chumps lol still use this one sometimes and its still cool)

Midoca (idk like Tiomun but doesnt sound as good I guess)

And Many other names.

I was born just before the dawn of the internet, and I have been programming and playing games on it since just about as far back as I can remember. So I have used many names over that time. I remember when dial up bulletin boards were still a thing. I learned Basic and C# on a 2 color monitor (black and red only) on a computer that didn't have a hard drive (they didnt exist yet) **** made my self feel old.

I guess my point is behind the name I never change. A Tiomun by any other name would still be kick ***.

I've used Earit since it auto generated the name when I joined Star Wars Galaxies. I've used it more as I've gotten older. I used to only associate it with a character account. Now I've used it for other things. But I will never forget the Ithorian named Earit.

Old topic, but oh so interesting...

So, my current username/gamertag is Iceblade02, simple, i was 7 or 8 got my minecraft account still in alpha btw. Ice sounded cool, espescially an ice blade ( Think i watched mythbusters or something Before) and 02 year of birth 2002. My other gamertag is "Furious Jelly", so, I was at a laan with my sisters friends in senior high, was a lonely person at the to with few friends. We were going to play warcraft:frozen throne,and a gamemode called blood tournanent. So, I really wanted to win, thus Furious. Buut chances where slim, so, something weak... AHA, Jelly!

Funnily enough Furious Jelly had a 2 time win streak straight after, that made people remember griphons, as my flyer with 50 health slowly wittled down an army of taurens, the 2nd time! 3d game someone spammed griphons and got them banned. Huh.