The Official QONQR Community Forums
peil

Developers...how about you get rid of that warning when new players join that they should only join the dominate team in area.

When you first sign up to play, if you choose anything other than the dominant faction in the area, you get a warning that you're going to have a tough time (I forget the actual message) but I think this needs to be removed. I'm faceless and im in Sacramento where every single zone within 50 miles is swarm and the worst part is, everytime I check new players, they are ALWAYS swarm. Many don't seem to get past level 5 or 10 (I'm guessing because its boring to not have anything to attack) so please remove that warning and let people choose their own faction without any coaxing to be on the dominant faction. Let the chips fall as they may.

There's a warning like this??

I don't remember one when I joined, but perhaps it has changed? When I joined in there wasn't any indication on the regional dominance for the factions. Just the back stories (but perhaps there was one and I missed it?).. I joined then a team that was non-existing in my region. I can say for sure that gaming is much more fun when there is an opponent. Unfortunately for me, there isn't anyone in here anymore so I have a similar problem as peil. My region is all Swarm.

Anyway - I think it should be other way round. There should be a warning for those those are choosing the dominant faction. That way the factions would equal in time (well, hopefully?). Now it has the opposite effect.

Here I have not seen this effect either. It seems that a new player who joins in is almost always something else than Swarm.

When I started it suggested I join Swarm. Faceless was the dominate faction (I didn't know that though, I chose Faceless for the story). Swarm was almost non-existant at the time. Granted, this was over a year ago, so it could have changed.

It's not about the dominant faction in the area, it gives you a suggestion based on the who controls your current zone when you sign up. I was referred to faceless because the zone I was in was legion but it was only about a 5k zone with a good variety of swarm and faceless zones scattered around it. I didn't know there was a warning... But they're trying to add faction diversity by telling you, "Faceless/Legion/Swarm need your help in this area; join us"