The Official QONQR Community Forums
ILuciferi777

Launch Verification

Yep

I got this also about week ago. I didn't solve the code and in progress my account was suspended (and also couldn't launch for 3 days because of the unsolved code).

I think I probably might have got the code right if I had this same one (but of course I can't test it).

For me the icons that were above were different from what I had to select (but I didn't take a screenshot so cannot really show you).

Anyway:

I still don't understand how to solve the riddle and now I am afraid to try it if I ever see it again.

I hope there was some sort of instructions that you could look at when getting this.

Or at least you should have a way to test this out and practise how to get the code right.

I've been really frustrated. I've hit this probably 100x during the last week due to cubing. If I verify, it should stick. I shouldn't have to do a verification every couple scopes just because I'm refreshing quickly in black. It should stick for an hour or 30m at the VERY least.

Really!? First tank of the day and I get a launch verification!? Unnecessary.

I've been really frustrated. I've hit this probably 100x during the last week due to cubing. If I verify, it should stick. I shouldn't have to do a verification every couple scopes just because I'm refreshing quickly in black. It should stick for an hour or 30m at the VERY least.

I don't know really if it's unnecessary (I don't really have any idea one way or another), but at least in my case I would say that it is not a very good indicator of automatic launching. I for one hardly launch at all (and don't even launch every day). If my actions are done by a launching bot, it certainly is a really crappy bot.

So for one you would assume that I'd never see this verification code, but I still did. Once. And I failed the code 20 times, because I didn't know what to do when I see one.

I don't know really if it's unnecessary (I don't really have any idea one way or another), but at least in my case I would say that it is not a very good indicator of automatic launching. I for one hardly launch at all (and don't even launch every day). If my actions are done by a launching bot, it certainly is a really crappy bot.

So for one you would assume that I'd never see this verification code, but I still did. Once. And I failed the code 20 times, because I didn't know what to do when I see one.

YO GUYS NEED TO DEAL WITH IT.. AND IF YOU ARE TOO DUMB TO PUSH THE CORRECT BUTTONS THEN GO PLAY INGRESS. THERE ARE SOME REAL BIG CHEATERS OUT THERE AND IF THIS SLOWS THEM DOWN, I AM HAPPY. JUST VERIFY AND MOVE ON. UNLIKE U GUYS I HAVE AN AUTOLAUNCHER (5-7 ACCOUNTS)THAT IS ONLINE 24/7 I CAN'T EVEN STACK OR HIDE A RANDOM MISSILE BECAUSE ITS CLEARED WITHIN 5 MINS. AND U R CRYING TO HAVE TO VERIFY IF YOUR HUMAN OR NOT.

YO GUYS NEED TO DEAL WITH IT.. AND IF YOU ARE TOO DUMB TO PUSH THE CORRECT BUTTONS THEN GO PLAY INGRESS. THERE ARE SOME REAL BIG CHEATERS OUT THERE AND IF THIS SLOWS THEM DOWN, I AM HAPPY. -- AND U R CRYING TO HAVE TO VERIFY IF YOUR HUMAN OR NOT.

I am not crying about having to verify myself as a human. I think it might actually be very necessary feature.

But I do think it shouldn't apply for people who clearly are not auto-launching. For instant if you launch less than 20 times a day (and not even every day at that), it's a really lousy program if it's an auto launcher. I don't think these people should get locked. Laugh at perhaps..

And I also think it's not good that there is no instructions on how to use this feature (like there is no mention of it in the in game Help and FAQ). Having already my account locked once because of failing to put in the right code, I think it is an issue.

And I am crying a little here too.

OK, all you have to do is tap the corresponding symbols in the order they appear on the top row. They have to look a little different from each other so a computer can not figure them out. As far as it being your 1st launch of the day, completely random. Throughout a day of heavy launching, you shouldn't encounter it more than 3-4 times in a day. I don't believe this to be excessive. I don't understand why tapping the sequence is difficult. I usually verify in 5 seconds or less.

For those of you who were/are confused by how to verify: What would you have the screen say to make it easier to understand?

It's basically matching the symbols that look most like the ones in the top sequence in order. They have to look slightly different and be different colors due to computers being too smart.

And it's way better than Captcha!

HES DOING IT AGAIN! Lol

I tend to get the 'LV' about two or three times a day, I'm not an overly active player or a cuber, and I don't mind or get it wrong. The first time I saw it, with the symbols upside down etc, it made me look twice though. If this is what it takes to combat cheats then its fine by me.

So carry on devs, good job.

Anyone noticed the change to the battle mechanics, involving all three factions in a zone?

RCVA, my complaint isnt that I have to verify. It's that my verification is forgotten so quickly as though I launched 30x and then verified and turned it over to a bot to cube while I went and ate dinner. I think 30min between verification isnt unreasonable to ask. Even 20. If you're cubing for longer than 20 minutes, you're doing a lot of clicks anyway, 5 more wont hurt.

For those of you who were/are confused by how to verify: What would you have the screen say to make it easier to understand?

It's basically matching the symbols that look most like the ones in the top sequence in order. They have to look slightly different and be different colors due to computers being too smart.

And it's way better than Captcha!

Everything is better than Captcha. That is not really a good measurement for quality..

Anyway - here is what would help me:

1) Have an instruction that will be shown whenever you encounter this code verification. Have it in a way that it gives instructions how to use the system, but also at least one set of code as an example. For those who don't need instructions you can easily just put check a mark on it to not see it again. There is already ton of instructions that you see when starting to play the game for any new screen you encounter, so I don't think this would be so extraordinary.

2) Include this instruction into the game Help/FAQ.

(Probably a good thing to include it in the Portal too.)

3) Don't give an example like you have one here in your blog (http://blog.qonqr.co...h-authorization), but also add the correct answer.

For instant in my case I've already learned that if I try to guess the code, my account will be locked. I don't have any reason to even try it, as I don't know how the code works. If I'd see a set of code AND its answer, I'd probably could see the pattern.

EDIT:

Also note that I am a human player and yet I failed the code 20 times when I didn't know what to do. And I still don't know if I ever got it right (or is it just that after failing it 20 times the system autoquits and locks that account automatically?). This should be a mean that the instructions are not as clear as they should be.

Also what I've now learned about this system is that it is supposed to be easy to pass when you know what to do. So it's basically equivalent of Columbus' Egg type of puzzle which is really easy to get correct when you know how to produce the correct the answer, but not so if you don't.

My initial idea when I received that screen was actually that my game probably got corrupted in some update and I am seeing a screen that is meant for the devs to allow them to make changes to the game (or to test it etc.).

So it was very confusing.

Would a link on the LV screen to a help topic work? I imagine it would be very hard to see all of that on one screen. I'm not sure what's going to be changing in Blue, but I seem to remember they're going to change the tutorial bits (teaching newbies to stack shock...silly tutorial). Next time I get LV I will take a screen for you so you can see a completed one, at least.

Would a link on the LV screen to a help topic work? I imagine it would be very hard to see all of that on one screen. I'm not sure what's going to be changing in Blue, but I seem to remember they're going to change the tutorial bits (teaching newbies to stack shock...silly tutorial). Next time I get LV I will take a screen for you so you can see a completed one, at least.

I think a link to a help topic (perhaps one in the FAQ) would work just fine..

Actually just a link to a picture which shows a launch verification and its correct code is probably enough..

Also..

I didn't notice this earlier, but since I now cannot launch because of this verification, I have looked into it a little more. There is no option for asking for a different puzzle if for some reason you don't see the solution. Even in basic Captha there is an option to ask for another code to verify.

I think it'd definitely need something like that.

Click here for more info and a tutorial video on Launch Verification.

http://www.qonqr.com...h-verification/

Thanks for the video. It was helpful (although it might be same video I also received by e-mail).

I have now had some experience with launch verification (I remember seeing the screen for at least 3 times now).

I still think you should never see this screen when you launch less than 50 times a day as those people are hardly using bot launchers.

Also I can definitely recommend to have a button somewhere in it where you can ask for a different code if you don't see the solution immediately. Usually I have no problems anymore with the codes and I can solve it easily on first try, but just recently I was met with a code that I didn't see the solution for. I remember failing it at least 2 times before getting it right. Fortunately this time my account was not blocked because of it.

If you could ask for a different code it'd be more likely you get something that you know the answer to. And you wouldn't end up stuck with a code that you cannot solve. It would be a huge improvement for this feature.