The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
QONQRD

So when does an Op become a bully and are there rules that govern bullys

I must start with an announcement: Camels are not the only animal in the middle east. You have overused it already. It's saddens me that anyone would still find it funny. Get a bit of originality.

For anyone not wanting to read all this drivel, skip to the end (hint: Bold stuff).

At what point have I bullied anyone? When was the last aggressive or threatening message you or any of your members received from me? Never.

Legion and Swarm (in the UK) have teamed up because Faceless are dominating in London. That makes sense. It's a three sided fight and if one force becomes too powerful, the other two can join forces to try and take them down. But: We are dominating in the London area while your alliance is attacking players outside of that area. Then you expect me to sit back and do nothing. You are specifically using me as an excuse for why you have teamed up but then you're attacking players outside of my reach, sometimes with Europe involved.

If that is not reason enough to attack you then I'm not sure what is.

You lot cube, multiscope and have multi faction accounts and still complain. I don't complain about anything you do. Play the way you want to, ill do the same.

I am never rude to anyone, always polite no matter what the message is, never brag about what I do, can do or have done, never threaten anyone, try and keep in touch with the few swarm or legion who are civilised to me, listen to any message form any side and if I can help in any way, I try my best to. Formed agreements with enemy (that I didn't need to) that ended up slapping me in the face. I have even in the past taken the time to find out who some of the younger players are so I know to avoid them. When I'm in a different country I try and find who the bullies are. Those players who threaten and brag and laugh at others. Those are my targets (if they exist in those areas). I don't see how anyone can think I'm a bully.

Is it your money? Its none of your business how I spend it. Either way your numbers are way off. 700 dollars a day? Did you just decide to blindly strike the number pad to come up with that figure?

Best part of one of your posts is saying that the devs should worry about my welfare. What concerns you about me spending my money? Maybe I'll self harm due to overspending? I wont have enough to buy food because I bought too many cubes? I don't understand what they are supposed to worry about. I have issues? At what point did you deduce this oh mighty psychologist? Wait a minute are you my bank account manager? What do you know about how much I can or cant afford? Random guy spends money on something he enjoys. The end. Told you last time to give up on all the drama but I guess thank you for the concern.

You play to make me spend more? And? What do you think that accomplishes? In fact how do you even make me spend? You don't even attack me. You sulk when I'm in the UK and when I fly out and you find out, you call in Europe to help you take an zone or two. As they say, whatever floats your boat.

As for Atlantis: Please try again. I quit Atlantis when we were winning. I have on occasion involved myself after I was asked to help out but on the whole I give it a miss. The last time (months ago) was the last 10 minutes of Atlantis and Legion fought hard. We lost. I was not the only Faceless player to quit Atlantis. Quite a few of us thought it lasted too long and had too many zones to fight over. I hear the duration has been reduced.

You can't honestly believe I changed my sleeping pattern for the game. I was in California for a month. I was jet lagged. My sleeping pattern was a bit off when I got back. You're not even accurate about when I deploy. Pay attention. You should know this by now: I play as and when I want, sometimes every 20 minutes and sometimes I do long stretches and sometimes I'm busy and don't deploy for hours.

You wont always win, and nor will I. Try and get satisfaction form at least trying to win or putting up a good fight.

About the limit on cubing. Please. I suggested that last year. Twice. Unfortunately multiscoping is allowed and so prevalent that it kind of ruins the idea.

These are the facts: YOU and YOUR side threatened Faceless members who support London. One of the members threatened is actually London based. What do you expect him to do while his city is under attacked? A few of your members don't know when to keep quiet. They sent messages to us threatening specific players and telling them their zones will be dropped just because they have helped London. Basically if they help London then they get their zones wiped. And you have the cheek to call me a bully? We stood up to your members specifically because they were trying to bully. That is the reason we went strong months ago and took those big zones. How is this me bullying you? This is me answering your threats. I didn't attack those zones "just because i can", it's just because I should. Because of your threats. You can blame your members for the loss of those 2 or 3 big zones.

These are the basics: You attack one of our zones. We look at the list of attackers and pick one of the players who deployed the most, find a zone of his or hers and attack it. We don't need to justify our attacks with "because there are Faceless players within 30 miles". What, every time we attack a zone we need to send some letter explaining why? You attack us or we attack you, for any reason. That's the game.

When some of you were cheating and you could not win you complained, when you cube and lose you complain, when you invite all of Europe to attack and win you still complain. I just think you like to make a fuss.

Last words (for now): You think I attack zones as a means of getting attention? I get enough of it form your threads. The only attention seeker here is you with your victim attitude and pity us posts.

If thats not a ME ME ME post then i dont know what is!!, Im asking does anybody know where the rules are, that's all.

Ps dont like being a camel change faction!! easy

I fail to see the point of this post, when does a player using the resources at his disposal constitute bullying? If I buy 500 qubes, annihilate my neighbour (who never buys qubes) and take all his zones does that make me a bully too? If the player is sending you abusive threatening ingame messages then report them through the usual channels, if however you’re feeling intimidated because the player is outspending you then perhaps it’s time to find a new game to play.

While the game model is ‘free to play’, most of us who have played for awhile are under no illusions that it’s actually ‘pay to win’, therefore those with the deepest pockets will come out on top, if you don’t like it then you really do need to find a new game to play because it’s not going to change anytime soon.

At the end of the day it is just a game, nothing more…

To be perfectly honest, I think qonqrd should either stop whining or quit. No one is forcing you to play. And your constant complaining over Facebook, Twitter, the forums, and wherever else you maybe complaining is ridiculous. Either rally your faction and fight off faceless or quit. If you don't wanna spend the money for cubes, then recruit 20 more ppl. But your posts of constant whining are annoying.

If thats not a ME ME ME post then i dont know what is!!

Then check your original post. That is a perfect example.

Im asking does anybody know where the rules are, that's all.

If only there was a way to search the internet for information.

Here you go: http://www.qonqr.com/help/terms-of-service/#abuse

Ps dont like being a camel change faction!! easy

Please never turn your hand to comedy.

Fine thanks :) but i love moaning about an OP who spends thousands per week on the imaginary bots, within the imaginary zones and on a mobile phone, crazy hey

with nothing else said this post says it all. "my mommy didn't love me, I have no money for food, and why does my daddy touch my sister like that?"

Enough of proving to the Qonqr world that you are the prime example why you lost to one player. One faction. It's because you you are better then ranting on the internet about being picked on in said "imaginary bots, within the imaginary zones and on a mobile phone"

Your point was made, move on I know everyone else wishes you would.

Qonqrd is a spokesperson for a group of ops not an actual player,maybe its better than having numerous ops on one thread.

I sort of agree with the feel of bullying because of Dodgys spending habits but its not really. He's just doing what any other Qonqr player would do when given the resources.

I would if the missus let me.

And if I was minted.

So the answer to the original post from a lot of ops is, its not bullying.

Lol. I've complained about bullying, too. Except, the person I complain about does send nasty messages to new players, harasses them with missiles til they quit playing, and blocks you from replying to their messages...on top of being a megacuber. I've been there: so annoyed that it **** you off. I sent emails to support (Grade A folks, IMO) "giving them what for." In the end, I was acting out of impulse, not rationale. Here's the answer: Quit playing for a few days. Uninstall QONQR. Go see some friends. Go watch a movie. Go camping. Go to church. After a few days doing whatever, reinstall and give 'em ****. The devs aren't out to get you. Unplug, unwind, and cool down.

Have a great time QONQRing!

A certain op spends 500 to 700 dollars daily

http://portal.qonqr....tatistics/10599

That's a battle summary of the fall of Los Angeles. Notice the top launchers and number of launches. I'll readily admit I threw $100 at cubes to bring it down. That being said, a 7m, fully fortified zone only took about 250 cubes to wipe to the floor. That's about $50, and I nearly doubled the "bully's" launches.

If the player in question was spending your minimum ($500 a day... LOL) it would mean he's spending over 180k (American $) a year on this game. At least think out the accusation so it doesn't seem so incredibly outlandish.

And to back up what Dodgy said, he absolutely travels and looks for local "bullies" to set straight. SoCal is forever grateful for all the help he has provided us.

Can you post some disparaging comments made to you by this "bully". If not, it sounds like he is just a winner. Qonqr is a war game. You win a war by destroying the opposition at all costs. Looks like you need to put the big boy pants on or join the winner.

How about just rename it to qonqr real estate game. Spend Cash to buy zones and who ever bids highest gets the zone?

Better yet for all you ... peeing contest personalities out there just get rid of all the zones and make one single global score board that simply costs 1$ per 1 point added to your score. The winner of course will be who ever has the most expendable income. And it would reduce the over head costs of designing and coding the game itself there by increasing its profit margin. Maybe rename the game to "i can spend more than you nyah nyah nyah nyah" or similar?

This message started as a joke, but maybe there is a kickstarter or indiegogo project here?

"Hate grinding and leveling up? Try the new dollar score game! 1 point = 1 dollar. Now, in this exciting massive multiplayer self validation game you can compete with players from all over the world to see who has the biggest ego and the deepest pockets! Do you have what it takes to spend more money than them? Compete with your friends family! Show them who is the better person by crushing them with your savings account! Short on cash? take advantage of our 1 click quickenloan application! Don't be left in the dust Install this app now!"

Hello QONQRD,

I would like to show another side of Faceless.

The discussion of the pay to win model is one of the biggest discussions in the gaming world since ever. And yes, you could consider it cheating, only not with 'hacking skills' but with real life money. But we must understand that QONQR would not exist without this business model. Nothing is for free, sadly. So I agree that the pay-to-win model is bad. But I think for QONQR it is the least bad option at the moment. And yes I am saying at the moment.

Now I completly understand it ruines your gaming experience by constantly losing by one guy which has it seems unlimited recourses.

What I see is that playing with a cuber does not only ruines the gaming experience for the enemy factions, but also for the allied players. Cuz they will not understand that they have to really stress about a zone. They could think lazy "Cuber_player_a will cube it empty anyways". This creates a unbalanced relationship between Cuber_player_a and his teammates. On the other hand we all know that the World is very unfair. This unfairness which QONQR is creating trough their pay to win model is a pure reflection of how the world works. Sadly the world, and we as humans living on it does not create fair conditions for eachtoher in our struggle to survive (jaay philosophy!). So you could ether accept this situation or leave it. But in the real world, we have to deal with this every day. It is up to you to change it! How? That is up to you, but think out of the box.

And I think the developers are well aware that on short term, this pay to win model works. But on long term, having 'deathlocked regions' creates less people to join QONQR. So in the future, my expectation is they will change the model a bit or completly, a hybrid solution like most games do. That is up to them.

Please forgive my English.

EDIT: Oooh and yes, I know of 2 faceless examples and 1 swarm example where over ecxessive cubing is taking place. That I know more of Faceless is mostly because I am a Faceless.

I wonder if the OP of this thread understands the Irony of calling out a player for bullying him (which was more-or-less proved totally false), yet has continually targetted one players zones, and only that one player's zones, day and night for the past 2 weeks.

Would you like me to list details for the community UKIntel, just like you did in your OP?

I wonder if the OP of this thread understands the Irony of calling out a player for bullying him (which was more-or-less proved totally false), yet has continually targetted one players zones, and only that one player's zones, day and night for the past 2 weeks.

Would you like me to list details for the community UKIntel, just like you did in your OP?

Aww hey Janice. Sorry but I haven't been following this thread. Qonqrd isn't me.

But, I did hear I got a mention and its about time too. I've been showing you all this love and I was starting to think you hadn't even noticed me.

Yes, I did once throw my toys out the pram but I have new toys now and I love playing with them so I won't throw them.

I do have another FL neighbour (No names) that I was interested in, but he doesn't really play this game. He only ever pops round for a quicky, its over so fast I barely feel it.

So now I only have eyes for you, however I'm concerned that you feel bullied.

How can we move forward? Maybe you should take a load more towers off me, no doubt when your boss gets back he will make things good for you. whatever floats your boat. I will still love you x