The Official QONQR Community Forums
Phrozt

Watching someone take out a second mortgage only to lose Atlantis...

Yeah WTF? Anyone have a good estimate on how much that would have cost him? Obviously it would depend on what types of attack he placed. They were mostly defensive attacks which are the most costly when cubing, vs say plasma cubing, which is much more cost effective. My rough estimate without doing any serious math would be $1500 - $2500?

The guy had no idea what he was doing Putting 250k seekers in zones with 100k HT. If the guy actually knew what he was doing he probably could have gotten swarm the win in Atlantis.

But his timing and strategy sucked. Ironically he probably did more hard to Swarm then good. Anyways, thanks for your donation to QONQR Blue Matrix, whoever you are. Also, congratulations on taking record for total launches, Dings? Compasspoint? You guys gonna let him beat your record....

23280298930_c321dfa1f4.jpg

Ok, to attempt some calculations, we have to make some assumptions. Let's just say he did nothing but seekers (that seems to be the bulk of what he did from the reports of quite a few ppl). For these numbers, I'll be rounding down a few times, because not everything needed to be purchased, and there will be a few remainders when draining scopes, and because I'd like to figure out pretty much the least amount of money he could have spent to obtain these numbers.

That's 8 launches per scope, so roughly 2,300 scopes needed.

A scope will cost 3 cubes (2 x 5k bot refresh, 1 x 100 energy refresh... yes, he'll need more energy every few scopes, but the remainders from the bot refreshes and not using a full 10k on seekers should handle it). So roughly 6,900 cubes.

6,900 cubes / 500 cube packs = 14 (13.8) packs purchased. I think it makes sense to round up for this, because it's much closer to 14, and it's reasonable to think he either could have extra cubes after atlantis, or that the variance in his bot use may have accounted for a full 14 packs being purchased.

14 packs @ $100 = $1,400 (yes, I know it's $100.99)

Now, best case scenario, he mixed up bot use w/some ZAs, actually waited for his scope to cool off a few times... he MIGHT have gotten down to only 13 packs for $1.3k... but that would also assume he's going to buy the most cost efficient pack. If he was buying 100s at a time, it would be: 6,900 / 100 * 37 = $2,553.

Realistically, I would bet this guy probably spent somewhere between $1,500 and $2,000.

Its why Atlantis is rubbish.

@Strat, I doubt the devs bother with their own forums anymore. I believe blue will take the normal pace that gets adopted when they've announced new plans for Qonqr.

This has nothing to do w/atlantis being rubbish, and everything to do w/a noob blowing a hiney load of cash w/out having any idea what they are doing.

You're all wrong. 18,479/8 = approx 2310. 2310 x 2.25 cubes = 5,197.5 cubes. (the 2.25 cubes is it cost 2 cubes to refresh to 10k nano and .25 cubes to refresh 100 energy). On the portal you can buy 550 cubes for 100.99. 5197/550 = 9.44 x $100.99 = $954.26 spent on atlantis.

Not quite the $2,500 you were estimating, but $954.26 is still quite a bit.

I've brought cars for less. It would be a laugh to be a hypercuber for a bit, flattening enemies with ease. Just the wave of a wallet (and mild RSI to the thumbs).

I suspect its an alt account. If you know how to smash through that kind of money with poor formations, I'm sure the original account was there for the kills.

I do know it was an alt account of someone because i happened to look him up in qonqr and he was inoculated which meant he got locked to someone. Somebody out there locked this cubing swarm account and know who he really is.

Seekers? SEEKERS? Errraaaaahhh!!! Glad someone helped fund Qonqr but they could have at least read over the deployment descriptions first. This was the first month I really put an effort into Atlantis, hoping to get a decent credit bonus till it all got sucked into the matrix.

On Atlantis, did anyone else get a million kills in Atlantis but the gold status doesn't show up in game? I have it on the online portal but through the app it doesn't show up.

Didn't realise Atlantis marksman shows in game. Gold border=1 million kills last week, gold star= 1million kills this week(or vice versa I cant recall). I don't think Atlantis kills go towards you achievements awards either.

Might have changed idk.