The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bleiz

Possible new QONQR companion?

"I just thought of something. You know how QONQR players are called Mobile Operatives? There should be stationary operatives. Stationary Operatives would be based out of desktop computers and they could have a limited range, maybe like 50-60 miles. Their deployments could be mostly defensive, but with some attack (ZA andDPF?). What do you guys think?" My original post on GroupMe. Having a stationary form of QONQR would have it's pros and cons, but I think it would cause QONQR to benefit as a company and a community. Now, know this, I barely know what I'm talking about, so bare with me (I'm 14). Company-wise pros: More revenue, more attention to the game/your company. Company-wise cons: It might take a while to develop a game like that, could hinder the production of BLUE/updates for QONQR, possible scamming(?). Community-wise pros: More player involvement and player incentives (generate qreds?), broader spectrum of players. Community-wise cons: Harder for newer players to start out (maybe), more aggressive playing (i.e. More cubing).

Anyway, leader of my local group told me to share it on the forum so I am. If you have any criticism or anything, I'm just a few clicks away. Happy QONQRing. -Bleiz

kyranperdue@gmail.com

bubguy@hotmail.com

Sorry if it seems like I was directing this to a member of the Dev team, I was at first but then changed my mind so I copy/pasted it here.

Geophysical based game.

Anyways, probably not a bad idea but, considering the issues with the three platforms and the development of blue for those platforms, I doubt the resources are available for development on a new platform.

Seen the blog?

Its Qonqr meets wheel of fortune!

I'd actually like to be able to play qonqr from my desktop PC. But i understand the complications. I could imagine a system similiar to the whatsapp web client. It would still need to have your phone online and your position would be determined by your phone, but you could order launches from your PC.

However, this would open up to abuse like leaving your phone at a certain location and then play at your PC at home, so there would need to be a system to prevent that like having to "log in" via QR Code once an hour or something like that.

It's not a super important thing, but sometimes i feel not so comfortable to constantly pick up my phone all the time, even at home - maybe the wrong mindset for the game :D