goldwalker

PLasma beam v GDI Ion Cannon

31 posts in this topic

Windows Phone users will probably find that image familiar, there may or may not have been some tracing involved. The windows phone has launch animations. Here is the screenshot of the plasma beam.

post-6-0-86626000-1356382638_thumb.png

coldassassin and Bleiz like this

Nope, but because we don't have them we can rapid fire launches where as WP users have to wait through the animations each time.

Launch animations, while a cool little extra display, are old after thousands of launches. Not sure if they will every be implemented in iOS.

I think the animations are nice in the beginning, they make it visually appealing to new users. But, I guess it would be a nice option to be able to turn it off in the settings page. I know that probably means a lot of programming work for something most people will eventually shut off, but it may keep them playing until their hooked at which point it will have paid off.

Flaap likes this

I like the animations, it is visually appealing indeed. Though the skip option would be handy for the platforms that can't do it.

Yeah, those are gratifying, the mushroom cloud nanomissile is especially rewarding :-D

Whut? Ok, I'm officially expecing NOD nuclear launch now for the max level nanomissile.

I mean why not, I'm sure there are more bros than GDI followers outside, and pretty much nanomissile are the big way to fight on a nation level, due to their crazy range.

They should be like tactical launch.

DanielMercury likes this

I saw the animations on my buddy's windows phone and thought it was cool. Kinda sad my iPhone didn't have them. But I know that after a few hundred times of seeing them I would turn it off for most of the time. Although I think it would have helped me figure out how to use units better.

One last thing.......I want to be level 150 like in the pic :)

The animations may get old, but sometimes it's nice to watch the nanomissile or plasma beam destroy everything. Also, a favorite thing of mine is to pretend my Shockwave bots are Daleks and yell EXTERMINATE! as they're killing everything.

The animations are kind of useful for when you're just deploying defense and are a couple hundred bots shy of another deployment. You can just sit through the animation for a moment, analyze the bot report, and launch again. After a couple of those, I usually have another deployment built up.

Luckily, back button can allow for skipping that (wish we could get to the battle report by hitting the back button during animation) mess and do spam deploy.

slipstream, Ginwu and Exogenesis like this

The animations are also good to detect if someone has launched in the zone since the last refresh. You can always hit the back button to skip them. Maybe a config value. Show or not show

On the launch screen we should have the option of choosing to see the animation or not. It's easy to skip them (and WP7 has a bug that allows rapid fire) so it isn't a huge deal. But would be nice to skip in a quick battle.

I just want to add this: Qonqr is Tiberium, Legion is GDI, Nod is a combination of Swarm and Faceless. Prometheus is Kane, Kim is Umagon and Agent Sunday is any GDI commander. Now remember these units from the three games: flamethrower, wolverine, zone trooper.

Peace through power

Peace through power

JUS7IFIED, maecenus and goldwalker like this

Wait, which unit was the wolverine, I played tiberian sun and 3 and don't recognise that unit

I reckon whoever got the contract to build the plasma beam also got the contract to build the GDI's orbital Ion Cannon :o)

post-782-0-12690700-1355941222_thumb.jpg

that's the pic used by anonymous' old ddos tool LOIC heh

The wolverine wad the dual machine gun wielding mech, the anti infantry version of the titan which had the one large gauss cannon...i rem the wolverine was $500 I believe and the titan was $800....i played tiberian sun for hours on end as a kid doing dial up lan matches lol

LandQreuzer likes this