SomeGuy74

Plasma beam tactical question...

18 posts in this topic

I was wondering the following: If I use the Plasma Beam to take out large numbers of enemy bots and I eliminate them all in a zone, will the zone revert to an Uncontrolled status or will it be awarded to me even though I have placed no physical bots into the zone? Reason I ask is that I'd like to go to a city and lay low and wreck some anonymous havoc without any bots being left in zones and thus providing a means of traceability. Does anyone know the answer to this? Thanks in advance...

Be aware that plasma is not as effective as other formations for damage, the benefit is the 0 nanobot cost and the ability to leave no trace.

tetra likes this

Excellent! In future developments please keep in mind these small but important attack advantages for players who are not Lvl 100. It makes the game more interesting and should help with retention. Looking forward to some (mostly) untraceable devastation over the holidays...

Be aware that plasma is not as effective as other formations for damage, the benefit is the 0 nanobot cost and the ability to leave no trace.

I am aware. It's the no traceability that is appealing. :ph34r:

GeneralRobertLee and tetra like this

Lastly, will the enemy get an alert??? Or since I will not have claimed the territory will it just show up as an empty zone the next time they look?

If the two other factions are in the zone and I take out the zone leader with plasma beam, thus awarding the other faction the zone, what message does the former zone leader get?

It says zone captured by (faction) however when you look at the "captured by" portion it will say it was captured by none. I use this tactic to make the two factions fight each other til they over heat, then I clean up

I have noticed if you capture a zone with plasma and another member of your faction has some bots in the zone at the time it will say it was captured by you.

Strateg1st and leigh like this

It says zone captured by (faction) however when you look at the "captured by" portion it will say it was captured by none. I use this tactic to make the two factions fight each other til they over heat, then I clean up

Thank you. That is exactly what I was hoping to hear. For exactly that reason.lol

Strateg1st likes this

2 cubes can let you buy around 8 DPF core (if the exchange rate is 4000 qredits) and Full energy recharge that allows you to fire 8 shots back to back, or 2 cubes can let you buy 10 nanobots refresher = 5,000 bots.

So Plasma is also a very cost effective way to deal a severe blow to a fortress.

Strateg1st likes this

I like the way you think Strateg1st
Strateg1st likes this

If the two other factions are in the zone and I take out the zone leader with plasma beam, thus awarding the other faction the zone, what message does the former zone leader get?

if factionA & factionB are both in a zone with factionC using plasma to flip the leaders, factionA/B leader will get a message that factionB/A took control

I think the only way you can be found out in your sneakiness is if the zone makes it to the top 10?

Can any one verify?