The Official QONQR Community Forums

First and foremost I don't appreciate being called a CHEATER. Just because we work together does NOT mean we are cheating. Of course we know about this forum and my friend and my recruiter both were keeping an eye out looking for you to post something. As soon as you sent me the message I let my recruiter know as well as our friend who tried to talk to you. Harassing, I'd like to know what you think sending me a message, then sending a message to my teammate, then posting on the forum that we are "cheating" is?

I usually hold to a firm personal policy of never wasting time arguing on the internet, but I really must reply to this.

First of all, why exactly did you and your recruiter "keep an eye on this forum looking for (me) to post something"? I'd never posted on this thread. In fact, in ~6 months of sometimes furious but always fun Qonqr battling, I'd never even had an inkling that any of my previous opponents were cheating, much less accuse anybody of anything. So I have no previous history that would make anyone think that I was going to come running to the forums to complain. But yet, you or your recruiter either searched through all of my forum posts or looked for a thread entitled "Cheating" because they were sure that you'd be mentioned. Interesting.

And again, I didn't "harass" anyone. I sent you one (1) in-game message to make sure that you knew that multi-scoping is against the terms of service. Yes, I simultaneously sent the same polite FYI to the other account that you say belongs to your partner. Perhaps you read it twice whilst switching between accounts and got confused about how many times I'd sent it. Perhaps.

I also did not publicly call you out. All I did was join the chorus of other players lamenting the widespread problem of people using multiple devices, which violates both the rules and the spirit of the game. I named no names, and it would have been next to impossible for someone to figure out who I was talking about.

It was you who came charging into the vague conversation, identified yourself as the subject of my post, and publicly denied an accusation that was never publicly made. You also sent a preemptive email to the admins to deny that you were cheating, just in case I'd reported you. Why? Much like a kid who strenuously denies having taken a cookie when her parents have not actually said anything about a missing cookie, methinks that the lady doth protest too much.

I usually hold to a firm personal policy of never wasting time arguing on the internet, but I really must reply to this.

First of all, why exactly did you and your recruiter "keep an eye on this forum looking for (me) to post something"? I'd never posted on this thread. In fact, in ~6 months of sometimes furious but always fun Qonqr battling, I'd never even had an inkling that any of my previous opponents were cheating, much less accuse anybody of anything. So I have no previous history that would make anyone think that I was going to come running to the forums to complain. But yet, you or your recruiter either searched through all of my forum posts or looked for a thread entitled "Cheating" because they were sure that you'd be mentioned. Interesting.

And again, I didn't "harass" anyone. I sent you one (1) in-game message to make sure that you knew that multi-scoping is against the terms of service. Yes, I simultaneously sent the same polite FYI to the other account that you say belongs to your partner. Perhaps you read it twice whilst switching between accounts and got confused about how many times I'd sent it. Perhaps.

I also did not publicly call you out. All I did was join the chorus of other players lamenting the widespread problem of people using multiple devices, which violates both the rules and the spirit of the game. I named no names, and it would have been next to impossible for someone to figure out who I was talking about.

It was you who came charging into the vague conversation, identified yourself as the subject of my post, and publicly denied an accusation that was never publicly made. You also sent a preemptive email to the admins to deny that you were cheating, just in case I'd reported you. Why? Much like a kid who strenuously denies having taken a cookie when her parents have not actually said anything about a missing cookie, methinks that the lady doth protest too much.

Good stuff man.

dear ****, the woman actually used the word 'methinks'. *facepalm* just get over it. there's nothing you can actually do to stop this if it's happening, plus there's no way you have any hard evidence that anyone's cheating. without evidence your whining just makes you seem silly. let it go.

Silver, 28 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

This thread is a great example of our passion for QONQR.

Let's keep it friendly

Lolz! Nice interjection. ^

Dear people of QONQR,

I would like to say jivecorn is right. Your whining is only making you look like small children. Unless you have concrete evidence you have no right to accuse anyone of anything. It's a losing battle without any back up. So I say you should just keep QONQRing on and leave it be, otherwise no one shall enjoy the game. For that is all this is, a GAME. So let's all enjoy it. Thank you for listening. :) Carry on.

Less takling, more QONQRing! If you don't like somebody, you are actually allowed to attack him / her in this game so what about doing that? Beat the sh** out of their bases until they regret they ever started this game.

That's alot more satisfying then posting stuff in forums...

This might be super overly simple, and I know it wouldn't really stop all of it but..Why not make an e-mail required for each account? Sure, they could go out and make a new e-mail each time but really I think that would just be more annoying to make an email, go confirm you want to paly QONQR, and then play the game. It sure would take a lot more time to make a new account. Right now all you have to do, as said, is uninstall, reinstall, refer, username and password, and play.

I think game also can be more social, not only geographical. It will decrease sense of cheating.

Imagine if game has foursquare app's features. You get some geo-quest to talk with waitress in cafe near your house for example:)

I think what healz was saying about looking for you to come on here and post....is that sometimes players let out information on public threads....i have seen this three times in the past month. It has benefited us and helped change the tide of battle.

Interestingly myself and coworkers were all banned this morning - and none of us multiscope. The two players who paid for some upgrades (one of whom does multiscope)... not banned.

This seems to be the metric - if you are a heavy free player you are a target, but if you pay you seem to be immune.

Require a Facebook link? This game is geosocial, u can login to almost anything with Facebook, idk, just a thought.....

I would quit, too personal at that point.

Interestingly myself and coworkers were all banned this morning - and none of us multiscope. The two players who paid for some upgrades (one of whom does multiscope)... not banned.

This seems to be the metric - if you are a heavy free player you are a target, but if you pay you seem to be immune.

Parinoid much? Lol I jest...

Email support and get the issue resolved, they'll fix it up for you.

The reasoning behind this, if it was a bigger issue than just y'all, is because most people know their multiscope can get banned therefor they aren't as willing to invest money in it.

Either way, email support.

In Illinois, multiple accounts were created recently by some coward, taunting me and my crew. I grasp that the majority of Illinois legion are cowards, but if you plan on big talk, use your actual account. I think we've gotten messages from six level one legion players in the past month or so.

I hate these topics, they are depressing. I know of a lot of multiscopers. People who just straight have four accounts and husband/wife type "teams" where only one of them ever really plays. Its all cheating and I just don't understand why people think its fun. Also how much free time do you need to have to play multiple accounts? These cheaters need real jobs and friends.