The Official QONQR Community Forums

Recently many fake accounts have been created in my area. All of them are abandoned as soon as they reach level 10. In other words, people are creating accounts only to get free cubes and rank points through referrals. I think this is worrying. There should be some kind of control, any cheaters should be banned straight away. A few online games, like Cyber Nations for example, have successfully implemented strict controls (based on too many players on the same IP for example).

I believe the moderators here at QONQR need to start working on a plan to stop this behaviour as soon as possible. Any players referred through such accounts must be banned on the spot.

The following accounts are all fake (abandoned after reaching level 10):

• Randomforcubes
  • Randomforcubes2
  • Random4cubes4u
  • Random4cubes4u2
  • Doesntgetmoreradom4qubes
  • Kalten
  • Anex
  • Melaidhrin
  • Berelain
  • Belerain

I have already spent some money buying cubes, but I won't support a game which does stop obvious cheaters from ruining the fun for everyone. It's time to get serious.

I find it amusing that they arn't even trying to be sneaky about it. Openly cheating, also it shouldn't be to hard to find out who's receving the cubes from these.

I believe the same applies to multiscopers... Time to get a serious method of dealing with them.

I have already contacted Scott. He's looking into this. I posted it here because this kind of behaviour is most probably happening in other countries /regions as well. We should keep our eyes open.

I agree it is a cheat for people to use a second account. I also think it is hard call. My son wanted to play daddy's game for a long time. I would let him because I figured people would think I was cheating. but I found out that it was allowed and he has started to play. He still hasn't reach level 100. Doesn't have a lot of scope up grades. (all things that can point to cheating). But that is the nature of his playing. He loves attacking. He is constantly asking me if there are any red are green guys to attack. :). Sometimes I leave them in the game just so he has someone to attack. He also has fun fighting the new people that pop up in my area. Gives them a chance and he has fun. He is learning about defending a zone right now

I'm curious as to who you think is cheating in our area. I can tell you who just about everyone is.

Krawl is my roommate. SBWarrior, Billydread, Bobaloo, and Tlyori are co-workers. JazzyBacon is a friend of 7 years. MaseFace is one of JazzyBacon's employees. The others who have helped are from out of town/state. I've seen a couple new names pop up that I don't know who they are (I think one was naturalelegance and the other is Anonman).

I believe there are a few "cheat" accounts in my area. not for cubes, but to aide in attacking and gaining ground.

Agreed, needs to be taken care of. I have had many suspicions over the last couple months, but only one has continually born out. For instance Slip - I used to think you and Cold Assassin were one in the same because there was a lot of simultaneous deployment - then you disappeared and CA kept firing, and plus he is funny. His "Bad Puppy" messages made me blow whiskey out my nose the other night. (not the best feeling in the world btw.)

There is only one player in the area I am convinced is a multi - I'll refrain from naming here - but same style art work on all accounts avatars, all started w/in a day of each other, that day being one in which we leveled everything he had - and players only show up when said player has another 'leveling' event. the proclivity of greek gods in the names - and all being centered around a town w/ a population of 2800.... just not buying it.

That being said - I think all of us here play this game pretty hard - and when things don't go our way - it's our responsibility to have a healthy reaction and not jump to conclusions that others are cheating. Abandonment of a bunch of Lvl 10 accounts is pretty smoking gun IMHO...

Thank you everyone for your concern in this area. We want to keep the game fun and fair for everyone. As I'm sure you know, we limit access to a device to one account per day, so a user cannot create an account, uninstall the application, then create a new account over and over to game the system. But keeping players off two devices is much harder/impossible.

I get reports of dual scoping cheaters nearly every other day. It takes me about an hour to dig through the logs, check IP addresses and parallel activity to first determine if it even looks like the same person. About half the time it does look like one account only plays when the other is active. Of those, 9 times out of 10 the response I get goes something like this, "We are definitely two people. My wife only plays when I make her so at dinner/watching TV we battle together." OR "I only let my son play on the iPad when we can play together, so we play together when we get home and he get's his homework done." Some times it is a group a co-workers who play together and always attack the same zone at once.

10% of the time the person replies that they didn't realize that dual scoping was frowned upon and would stop.

So dual scoping reports take about 5-10 hours of my week to investigate and send the messages to all involved, which is a huge drain on resources and results in about a 5% rate of resolving the reported "problem". But, I do check them out. Many of you reporting the issues are spending cubes and I want to make sure that I take care of the people that are helping us to finally reach profitability.

I wish there was a simpler way detect at stop the reported activity, but 90-95% of the time, the behavior is legit. I have a volunteer who will start helping me with analytics towards the end of the month. One of our goals it to attempt to put in smart detection to find suspicious activity. I'm doubtful if a human can see the patterns with only a 5% success rate we can develop a program that can do better, but we will try.

As for the scenario that spawned this thread, I have put it on my todo list, and will try to get it resolved by the end of the week. It is a little different beast since the accounts have already been abandoned, and cubes already spent, but I will look at it just the same and take action.

Agreed, needs to be taken care of. I have had many suspicions over the last couple months, but only one has continually born out. For instance Slip - I used to think you and Cold Assassin were one in the same because there was a lot of simultaneous deployment - then you disappeared and CA kept firing, and plus he is funny. His "Bad Puppy" messages made me blow whiskey out my nose the other night. (not the best feeling in the world btw.)

Yea ColdAssassin is my roommate, and also happens to play on my old windows 7 phone. Alot of the time I have to remind him to deploy, which then he does as I'm doing it. Since he can NEVER remember to deploy on his own haha

Since we're roommates we also have the same IP haha

Silver most of my recruits will have the same IP as me :P Since we'll all be playing off our campus's WiFi haha Just so you know haha

Sorry Wolfstroy to take this thread but a friend want to share her scope and it tells that it's not possible as thare's already some one using the Ip address.

Is there something to ask to make it possible?

Perhaps the recruitment bonus of 5 cubes should only be given to the first few recruits with subsequent recruits providing their recruiter a rank bonus only. Or make the recruitment bonus be given on a sliding scale:

Recruit reaches level 10: 1 cube awarded // 1 total cube

Recruit reaches level 20: 1 more cube awarded // 2 total cubes

Recruit reaches level 30: 1 more cube awarded // 3 total cubes

Recruit reaches level 40: 1 more cube awarded // 4 total cubes

Recruit reaches level 50: 1 more cube awarded // 5 total cubes

This may address the issue, as reaching level 10 is pretty simple. It may also keep recruiters engaged with their recruits. Considering that a lot of the best parts of the game doesn't open up until later levels I feel this approach could make a lot of sense, while providing consistent motivation to continue to play.

Players making accounts just for recruitment cubes will be greatly slowed down in their cheating. They will need to put in much more work to continue to cheat and will make themselves more apparent to being found out.

Silver-

Use the camera on the front of the device to take pictures of the person's face so you will know. Oh wait, I forgot, the Faceless don't have faces.

Oh well no way to stop them from launching the exact same attacks at the exact same time 24 hours a day is there?

Obvious new Faceless multiple accounter in east Tampa - he keeps alternating between scopes as soon as one overheats.

Ya know, I enjoy a challenge, and I'll be the first to pat an opponent on the back if they beat me fair and square. But I really, really hate cheating cheaters who cheat. Grrr.

Obvious new Faceless multiple accounter in east Tampa - he keeps alternating between scopes as soon as one overheats.

Ya know, I enjoy a challenge, and I'll be the first to pat an opponent on the back if they beat me fair and square. But I really, really hate cheating cheaters who cheat. Grrr.

Jaiba,

The ones your talking about specifically is my recruit and his recruits! I know each one of them personally. Please stop harassing them by falsely accusing them of dual scoping and sending them messages. They are all new and really enjoying the game. You're starting to ruin it by going as far as posting it on the forums. Message me (arcteryx) or (highheals in Tampa) if you have any further questions regarding Faceless faction members in your area.

Thank you for your time

Jaiba,

The ones your talking about specifically is my recruit and his recruits! I know each one of them personally. Please stop harassing them by falsely accusing them of dual scoping and sending them messages. They are all new and really enjoying the game. You're starting to ruin it by going as far as posting it on the forums. Message me (arcteryx) or (highheals in Tampa) if you have any further questions regarding Faceless faction members in your area.

Thank you for your time

Interesting how I didn't name names yet the parties involved somehow discovered this thread and knew whom I was referring to. Hmmm.

"Harassing"? Hardly. I've suspected double account usage for a while but didn't say anything until yesterday afternoon, when I messaged one account with a polite FYI that it's against the rules. (They are relatively new accounts, after all, so I thought that perhaps he/they honestly didn't know.) Coincidentally, that's when the person started playing on the other account, so I sent the same message to that one, too. I received a (polite) denial in return, to which I (politely) replied that I was still very suspicious and mentioned that usage is logged and can be checked if needed. That's the sum total of our conversations.

Anyway, with all due respect, "their" launching pattern in very indicative of one person going back and forth between two devices & accounts as each scope overheats. I now expect the pattern to change, of course, but not the double dipping. My wife signed up months ago but rarely plays, and I would certainly "enjoy the game" more if I picked up her phone and used her account to help fight back. However, I'm better than that.

Now that the game play has been tweaked and the server issues seem to be resolved (thanks!), the multiple accounts problem is the biggest facing Qonqr right now. It's the most important rule and yet it's very difficult to police, like if a soccer player picked up the ball, carried it around the field, and threw into the goal while the ref was somehow unable to see. Very frustrating.

Talk about ruining it... yeah, it's starting to.

Jaiba needs to get over herself and act like an adult.

Yes, accepting dishonesty is quite the mature thing to do. :rolleyes:

Sure, it's just a game with nothing really at stake. So why cheat and ruin it for everybody else?

Interesting how I didn't name names yet the parties involved somehow discovered this thread and knew whom I was referring to. Hmmm.

"Harassing"? Hardly. I've suspected double account usage for a while but didn't say anything until yesterday afternoon, when I messaged one account with a polite FYI that it's against the rules. (They are relatively new accounts, after all, so I thought that perhaps he/they honestly didn't know.) Coincidentally, that's when the person started playing on the other account, so I sent the same message to that one, too. I received a (polite) denial in return, to which I (politely) replied that I was still very suspicious and mentioned that usage is logged and can be checked if needed. That's the sum total of our conversations.

Anyway, with all due respect, "their" launching pattern in very indicative of one person going back and forth between two devices & accounts as each scope overheats. I now expect the pattern to change, of course, but not the double dipping. My wife signed up months ago but rarely plays, and I would certainly "enjoy the game" more if I picked up her phone and used her account to help fight back. However, I'm better than that.

Now that the game play has been tweaked and the server issues seem to be resolved (thanks!), the multiple accounts problem is the biggest facing Qonqr right now. It's the most important rule and yet it's very difficult to police, like if a soccer player picked up the ball, carried it around the field, and threw into the goal while the ref was somehow unable to see. Very frustrating.

Talk about ruining it... yeah, it's starting to.

Jaiba,

I completely understand where you're coming from in this matter and I appreciate your efforts in making sure there is no cheating going on in your area. I regularly read these forums and was surprised when I saw your post after they told me they had already politely responded to your FYI.

I am sorry that you are still suspicious of their activity and I assure you that I know each person individually you are talking about over there in Tampa. They are all playing on their own devices and enjoying the game.

Thanks for your time and good hunting.

First and foremost I don't appreciate being called a CHEATER. Just because we work together does NOT mean we are cheating. Of course we know about this forum and my friend and my recruiter both were keeping an eye out looking for you to post something. As soon as you sent me the message I let my recruiter know as well as our friend who tried to talk to you. Harassing, I'd like to know what you think sending me a message, then sending a message to my teammate, then posting on the forum that we are "cheating" is?

Quite frankly I take some of what you have said as a compliment. Why? That means that we work so well together we could be one. As you can tell from my username I am FEMALE and the other is male (sure that could be a little harder with his username). You mentioned that you recruited your wife and she hardly plays, this is one instance that the opposite sometimes happens. My husband recruited me after him playing for a few weeks and now I am the one that plays more than him.

Just an FYI we are recruiting others and they will be playing probably at the same times as we are and possibly from the same location. They are DIFFERENT people from us. Like I told you in the message I sent you I wouldn't know what it would take to assure you otherwise but as you said IP Addresses and usage are logged so its been logged that we play sometimes from 2 different locations almost 30 minutes away from each other.

In conclusion I hope that we can move past this I'd like to continue to play but don't want to be called a cheater I have worked hard to get to the place I am in the game and would like credit for it. Look forward to seeing you out there.