The Official QONQR Community Forums
Silver

Major Server Update on 2-18

The QONQR servers will be updated on Monday 2-18 starting at 4:00 AM central time (US)

This updated incorporates many changes to our database, which are necessary to handle our growth. Therefore the downtime for this update will be several hours.

More significantly for you the player, the update includes the first major update we have done to the battle engine in a year. We have taken great pains to ensure you the player see this as a positive update to the game. No doubt some people may not like the changes at first, because change is hard for most people, but we are very hopeful you will love them in a few days.

On the whole, the changes are mostly small nudges to make defense easier. We also implemented some formations that never quite worked as the descriptions claimed. We improved the effectiveness of some formations that just never seemed to pack the punch you expected. Several of the formations that require you to purchase ordinance in the depot now allow you to deploy more bots in a singe launch, giving you better value for the credits it cost to buy the consumable.

I want to assure you that a team of developers and top level QONQR players agonized over every small change. Over 100 emails were exchange in the past two days vigorously debating every small tweak. We have put tremendous passion into this first update to the battle mechanics since the game was released and hope you agree that this is a big improvement to the game.

Please see this thread for the new Official QONQR Strategy Guide

http://community.qon...strategy-guide/

Please see this thread for questions and answers on modifications to the formations.

http://community.qon...mation-updates/

After reading the Q&A I am pretty excited about how this will effect gameplay. It sounds like having an actual strategy will really benefit and you'll need to use the different formations more wisely. Keep up the great work we really apreciate it

Thanks Wingman. We started approaching this updates as a way to implement the things that Seekers and Hardened Lattice were missing, then it became a quest to improve the balance of offense and defense. By the time it was done we had built an update that allowed for very strategic game play. I'm very proud of the updates we've made in this release.

I just have to say again how awesome these changes are. Battling small bot count zones with just ONE round of hardened lattice is really tough. I actually went through and used all the different formations for attacks and defense.

This is awesome. I'm actually able to defend a zone and break even (or nearly). There's only one problem, since Seekers are now being used more the low bot count of the formation is causing problems. This is the first time I've ever seen the level 5 overheat indicator. Any chance we would get the Seeker formation size bumped to the 1200-1400 range?

Yep ... The update has really stiffen up the defense that was missing. It was too easy to take a base previously and finally your hard earned Qredits are really worth it :-) Keep it up ...

SolaAesir, I will consider increasing the bot count for seekers by 20% to put it close to where Shockwave and Deflection (the most popular launches) were in the old battle engine (to help put overheat per bot back to the level you are more accustomed to).

Any objections? [Everyone who attacks zones shouts NO, everyone who defends zones shouts YES]

Ok, I've given the Seekers a 20% bump in bots per deployment. We'll see how that feels for everyone's overheat. Consider this a trial change that is temporary (but could be become permanent).

Does the scope overheat after fewer launches now? I've been multi-tasking while playing today so I'm not sure, but that's the impression.

Other than that, so far so good on the changes.

I was concerned that it had too, until I realized that I was using Plasma Beam at least 3-4 times per hour which was increasing my deployments. Didn't use it very often before, but now I find I can't keep enough DPF Cores in stock.

Same here with the Plasma Beam, the Seekers update helped but I still am noticing a bad overheat when I use Plasma Beam 2-3 times in addition to my normal deployments. Looks like overheat is working as intended now but it's easy to forget about if you're used to just gauging overheat based on your bots.