The Official QONQR Community Forums
stoney

weakened misssile attacks

With missile attacks being alot of peoples only way of attacking anyone and obviously that case not going to change missiles doing 1k less dmg on defletors is uncalled for.

With the boost to defenses missile dmg needs to be changed to do more dmg it doesnt need to be brought back to previous dmg but 1k is ridiculous.

Im curious what the reasoning is behind having so many people not be able to attack anyone with anything but 1 bot attack .

Is the plan for people to deploy deflection bots until they have 20 million in each zone and only launch weakened missile attacks?

Developers you really need to make the game fun for everyone not just people living in big cities. At least to start with fix missile dmg , do you realize how little dmg missiles would do on a zone completely fortified corectly.

i'm with stoney on this issue... A 1.5:1 ratio on missile attacks (Damage Enhancer 6, MX Rack 5) is WAY to low. There is almost no hope of dislodging player fortified zones with long range attacks.

Deflectors and other defensive formations is a better use of my deployments. At some point, millions of defensive bots in a faction dominated area discourages new players from starting, discourages long range attacks and, in the end, will not hold the attention of current players.

I do agree. Even with the short range attacks being quite ineffective now... I've got 3 level 100 guys filling a zone up to 300-500k, how are new guys ever going to get a hold in this game? I'm getting 800 bots killed with a shockwave and I'm fully upgraded.... How are new people ever going to get to do anything? Ever? There is probably a forum for my **** and moaning about the new update. Which has allowed me to actually hold onto zones, so its got its upside. Someone point me in the proper direction -_-

I'm getting 800 bots killed with a shockwave and I'm fully upgraded....

You are getting only 800 or less bots killed because the defenses of the target zone are probably quite strong and well deployed, with seekers, absorbers, 40000 strengthen bots and enough hardened lattice.

I think the game is fun the way it is right now.

I have found that I am no longer getting good value for my 1000 qredits on missile strikes. First, having missile bots pile up in an attack offers little or no value...I am not going to hold a zone that way, I would much rather have the missile bots that remained from previous strike join in fight and do more damage. I have done a lot of testing on this since Monday's update and have found that when I attack zones with only deflectors with only one player holding it I am getting maybe 1.5:1 up to 2:1 ratio sometimes less if the player has max upgraded shields and I do have max upgrades on offensive capabilities (mx rack/damage enhancers). And as others have already mentioned if they have strengtheners/hardened lattice/absorbers that ratio goes way lower. This change has taken considerable enjoyment out of the game, what's the point of even attacking a large zone now? I say increase missile damage back to a reasonabale level, if nessasary increase the bot cost slightly to limit deployments. In a game like this I feel that those who live by the sword should be prepared to die by the sword...so to speak. ; )

Yeah, I think nanomissiles could use a small buff in damage and probably have zero survivors after a launch since they're not doing anything. Does it really make sense to have missiles that survive an assault?

I think that this is also true when defending. I am in a very rural area that is extremely fortified, and now, there is virtually no chance of a large-scale missile attack even making a dent in one of our zones. And part of the fun of the game is warding off attacks and retaliating.

Since there is zero chance of new local players starting in the area, missile attacks are all we have to look forward to!

And everyone in our group of players travel fairly often, and plays on the road, but we really use long range missle attacks as the number 1 part of our game.

There just needs to be more to keep people active with the game when no enemies are within 30 mile range . The leader boards and rank system ws a excellent idea but its not nearly enough for people who cant battle anyone.

If there were incentive for everyone anywhere to be active with the game , Qonqr could grow to be a massively popular game because the concept of the game is awesome and its a well made game.

Only being able to accomplish something within a 30 mile range just isnt enough the game will be a success to a extent but nothing compared to including everyone in the fun.

Even with the reduced dmg, I still think such a long range attack without a similar long range defense option is unbalancing. I think that Missiles should work the same as the plasma beam: able to do dmg but unable to actually capture a claimed zone. I think missile attacks should only be able to take out bots or capture Unclaimed zones, but not both in the same attack. So in order to do long range attacks, you would have to launch and destroy defenders until it became unclaimed and THEN launch a capturing missile. Its a small distinction but living in a location where long range missile attacks and no option to deploy defenders, it makes sense to me.

I'm getting 800 bots killed with a shockwave and I'm fully upgraded....

Maybe Shockwave is not the way to go. Seekers are now very effective against Shockwave. Until you destroy the Seekers, you should switch to Zone Assault or Plasma Beam. Then you can switch to Shockwave.

I have spent my morning looking at this, and a few other issues with the new update. I think there is an argument for stronger missiles. I've proposed a 20% increase in damage and sent an explanation to my team for review to see if they agree.

I also think there is a perception issue based on the fact that we want to keep some formulas of the battle engine secret for many reasons that companies keep things secret. I'm working with my team trying to prepare something that may help everyone understand the "relative" power of the offense and defense in the game, without exposing too much secret sauce. I'm very happy with the small balance tweaks I've made today (not deployed yet). I hope it strikes the right balance for 1 on 1, 1 on many, and remote vs local game play.

Stay tuned for small formation update in the next few days.

[...continuing my quest to being the best company at responding to customer concerns]

I think what vodd is trying to say is that qonqr is still a check in style of game. I'm not saying that if you want to fight someone you have to take a train, but it is what it is, you play in your area, while having the luxury of attacking ppl from far away occasionally

<snip>

Developers you really need to make the game fun for everyone not just people living in big cities. At least to start with fix missile dmg , do you realize how little dmg missiles would do on a zone completely fortified corectly.

It's not the developers' fault that no one else in your town plays QONQR. You know, you still get the 5 cubes if you recruit an opponent...

You are getting only 800 or less bots killed because the defenses of the target zone are probably quite strong and well deployed, with seekers, absorbers, 40000 strengthen bots and enough hardened lattice.

I think the game is fun the way it is right now.

Put 40,000 Bot Boosters in a zone and it ought to double that damage.