The Official QONQR Community Forums
Silver

Server Update 2-27-2013

I have successfully updated the server this morning with enhancements that should help us avoid the frequent authentication issues we have been having. I say successfully with fingers crossed. I got up early to attempt the update yesterday at 3:45 am but encountered many issues with server configurations that were not resolved until 9 pm last night. Today's 4 am deployment seems to have gone much better.

For the nerds in the crowd I implemented a memcache equivalent for Azure. The result is that we should authenticate users much faster and pull some of the burden off the core authentication routines.

Additionally, in this update there are some minor tweaks to the battle mechanics based on player feedback from the previous weeks major roll out of the new battle engine. I will outline those updates in the thread that discusses the formations updates (Strategy Guide forum).

I will continue to monitor the servers though out the day. If you encounter more auth issues or anything that is simply broken, please hop on the chat. If I'm not there already, let the regulars know you are looking for me with a big issues. Many of the regulars on chat can reach me immediately.

Thank you for sticking with us through the bad authentication problems over the past week or so. We are working hard to keep up with the hundreds users that are joining QONQR every day. I'm sure this won't be the last issue we have,but we'll do our best to address them as quickly as they come up.

What about us non-nerds? :huh: I would like to to know (in non-nerd English) what the second paragraph means please. :) Also thank you Silv for all you do! :D Now go get some sleep! :P

Basically, instead of having the bouncer check your id each time you talk to the bartender, he had the bouncer just put a stamp on your hand.

Definite improvement since the w/e. Thx for ur work. I haven't noticed a lapse in tank regen, but I set my timer for 30 to stay out of super burn.

Silver I have one thing to say. QONQR has much better support then some of the larger games and much larger companies. My daughter has been playing skylanders lost islands on her iPod but after spending many hours playing and the $$$ I have shelled out for her the game crashes and won't open and she has lost everything. And what does Activision do about it..... They tell you to close the program and reset your phone. Yeah that doesn't fix it and they have no desire to fix it

I have noticed the substantial improvement on performance on WP, much less issues with having to relog everytime my phone screen shuts down and harvesting is MUCH faster. Great job Silver!

When did the number of bots in a Zone Assault formation drop to 1150? That makes it really hard to use them in any capacity other than to build them up in a zone you're defending in periods when you aren't being attacked and don't have anything better to do. Low bot deployments means you overheat easier and overheat is the main rate limiter for a level 100 player. Especially compared to the 1450 in a Shockwave deployment 1150 is too low. I would actually say there should be more bots in a Zone Assault than a Shockwave so part of the decision of which to use is to choose between bot efficiency and overheat efficiency/beachhead building.

When did the number of bots in a Zone Assault formation drop to 1150? That makes it really hard to use them in any capacity other than to build them up in a zone you're defending in periods when you aren't being attacked and don't have anything better to do. Low bot deployments means you overheat easier and overheat is the main rate limiter for a level 100 player. Especially compared to the 1450 in a Shockwave deployment 1150 is too low. I would actually say there should be more bots in a Zone Assault than a Shockwave so part of the decision of which to use is to choose between bot efficiency and overheat efficiency/beachhead building.

actually the lower bot count on Zone Assault makes sense from a rock / paper / scissors aspect.

ZA's increased shields make them effective against seekers.

Seekers are highly effective against Shockwave.

And Shockwave is effective against deflections and everything else.

Basically ZA has become a situational attack for attacking Seekers.

The issue is that you only attack Seekers with Zone Assault when they have that certain number of bots where there aren't enough to warrant a Plasma Beam but there are too many to take out what's left with your own Seeker deployment. So the situation where you're using ZA to attack Seekers extremely common and really only limited to 1-2 deployments unless the defender is actively defending. It's a good idea, it just doesn't work out in practice with the low bot counts.