The Official QONQR Community Forums
Silver

Android Beta in April (maybe)

I know you have all heard it said that "We are working on Android". We started Android development last summer and had a series of starts and stops due to other issues that became higher priority and resource availability. Given that I had been saying we were working on it for so long, it would be easy to doubt it is actually true.

Today I'm happy to give you a glimpse of where we are with the Android. We think we can have a beta available for testing in April. Don't volunteer to be a beta tester now. We'll ask for beta testers later.

Great! Once it's out I'd be curious to hear what fragmentation cost in terms of features and time vs. a more unified structure like WP and iOS. Love seeing the work that has been done!

4200 qredits with half your bases under control from other factions? HAX!

Anyways, glad to see this is happening.. it will surely bring a sizeable amount of new players to the game.

4200 qredits with half your bases under control from other factions? HAX!

Anyways, glad to see this is happening.. it will surely bring a sizeable amount of new players to the game.

not necessarily HAX. If it hasn't harvested in 8+ hours then full resources would be gathered regardless of who controls the zone.

not necessarily HAX. If it hasn't harvested in 8+ hours then full resources would be gathered regardless of who controls the zone.

LOL that's right, I guess I just had a brain fart on that one, plus I've been fortunate that all my bases have always been purple from the first day. :D

It is no secret that I don't play in production very often. I spend my entire day in the test environment.

Hey I spend all of my time in the test(play) environment as well! Gotta love testing out Qonqr all day ;)

EDIT: Looking forward to the release, I've got two or three recruits around the country and local that are litterally dying to play once I showed them.

Any news? I have at least 7 people who really want to play this game but have androids. They honestly ask me every week if is available yet or if there is a release date.

Thanks for your hard work on an awesome game!

Are there going to be animations on Android? I love having em on my WP8 HTC 8X. I'll actually have the opportunity to get the HTC One for free if I trade in my HTC 8X through the HTC Champions website. But I don't want to give up QONQR! LOL! So I'm happy I won't have to with this announcement. Just a matter of timing I guess.

Anyways, thanx again, and keep QONQRing the gaming world!

So a handful of cheap Android tablets and world domination will be mine!

Looks great. I look forward to seeing how many players this brings in.

A lot. I think the Qonqr world as we know it will change considerably.

It will only be alot if you guys recruit heavily. iPhone has shown us that a big marketplace doesn't equal big downloads. This past weekend 70 iPhone downloads, 1700 windows phone downloads. But I know you all have lots of Android friends, so I expect we will see a nice jump.

I spent some time testing the Android this weekend. Working hard to flush out final bugs before we open the private beta. Stay tuned.

Some interesting figures there. Is the lower takeup for iOS owners due to the saturation of games in that market?

Will the beta run on the lower spec tablets (512mb / Single Core A13 CPU) e.g. the NATPC M010SE ?

Do tablets give out location? Will the use of proxies invalidate battles? I for one won't like this since my empire could fall from a coerced attack by an army of tablets.

Ooh I haz some questions. When you do the beta testing I was wondering if my friend I told you about that wants to play but has an Android and is willing to beta test could still play the beta, and if so how will you get ahold of him since he's not on the forums or playing the game and this is a private testing?

Adrean, We will post information on the forums about our initial private beta release. We want those on the forums who are already familiar with the game to switch over to their android device, if they are willing to do so (some ipad users start using their phones) and we want folks like you, that can help their Android friends so their is some type of personal support network for how things are supposed to work, should they encounter problems. And... we know the folks on the forums are good communicators with us, and we want people who will give feedback.

We aren't going to put it out there until we feel like we have closed most the issues we could find on our hardware. Stay tuned. As we tighten up the release, we'll let you know how to get involved.

Ok I'll tell him. Also he knows how to play pretty well. I've taught him how to play using my account and he's gotten pretty good. I'm also going to have him make an account here too so he can kno when it's ready.

Apologies again for the no quote abilities, but Silver,you mentioned a slow recruiting count. I agree with RepX and the iPhone saturation being a cause of that but perhaps you could promote it somehow. For example, cubes would be the perfect thing. People offer cubes left and right for defecting players, or getting recruiter codes. So in that case. Maybe after say. One of the achievements listed numbers. 5 people recruited? You get a cube for every person after that. Or something along the lines. You could see a serious boost in motivation in my opinion. And on the same note. If this was simple to do, and you could release the update after the Android beta. Then you could see some serious fluctuation in numbers. I suppose im an optimist, but I see such an amount, you'd probably have to work on placing more zones in certain areas!! XD Anyways. Good luck, and keep us posted.
:D
Looking forward to seeing the outcome.