The Official QONQR Community Forums
Silver

Android Beta in April (maybe)

Apologies again for the no quote abilities, but Silver,you mentioned a slow recruiting count. I agree with RepX and the iPhone saturation being a cause of that but perhaps you could promote it somehow. For example, cubes would be the perfect thing. People offer cubes left and right for defecting players, or getting recruiter codes. So in that case. Maybe after say. One of the achievements listed numbers. 5 people recruited? You get a cube for every person after that. Or something along the lines. You could see a serious boost in motivation in my opinion. And on the same note. If this was simple to do, and you could release the update after the Android beta. Then you could see some serious fluctuation in numbers. I suppose im an optimist, but I see such an amount, you'd probably have to work on placing more zones in certain areas!! XD Anyways. Good luck, and keep us posted.
:D
Looking forward to seeing the outcome.

Don't you still get 5 cubes for each person when they hit level 10?

It would be best to not hand this info as it would cause more people to abuse it and cause more headaches for silver, could there be a movement speed limit....

I'll just bing it haha

Still an interesting issue... Could leave cheap phones plugged into chargers at my parent's house, my friend's houses... At work... Hmmmm.... Then control them all from my house at the same time launching millions of bots upon my enemies at the same moment!!!

Ignoring costs, unrealistic time requirment to do so, and lack of motivation to actually do that.. lol

Another nice app is pdanet....dl on ur fone n ur comp n use your phone for I ternet access on your computer....

SMS style messages are hard to read for a non anglosaxon like me man ! but i understood after a 2nd and slow read !

:)

Did anyone talked about the fact that we can remote control Android phones/tablet ?

I could use that right now. I left my phone downstairs and I need to launch. Yet I'm upstairs and typing this. And I'm too lazy to go downstairs. Oh well...

However, this could be a serious issue. The scenario that Slipstream sketches isn't that unrealistic. An Android device sets you back €100-€150. How many cubes is that?

An update on the Android release. We were forced to take a detour with some server work for a few weeks in April, and then some iPhone and Windows Phone work that went with it. I will probably make a blog post about it in the coming weeks. Nonetheless, delays happen often in tech companies and we hit one in April. We are back on Android now and working through the final bugs.

No date yet. Developers don't set dates. Its done when its done. :)

But, the builds are flying fast. The crash logs are getting smaller and smaller. All week I've been getting alerts of automatic builds triggered by hourly check-ins.

The guys are cranking through the problems caused by the older devices and odd screen sizes now. That is a good sign.