The Official QONQR Community Forums
PhoenixReturns

New Weapon Ideas

How about spy bots? Camouflaged in the color of the zone holder, they are not destroyed by that factions bots, until you "unveil" them when taking over the zone.

or is that too much offensive power with no way to defend?

How about spy bots? Camouflaged in the color of the zone holder, they are not destroyed by that factions bots, until you "unveil" them when taking over the zone.

or is that too much offensive power with no way to defend?

Hmmmm, like ninja bots? OOO!!! New idea spawning from this... Assassin bots. Not the divert, but a new one that provides that same thing in concept. You deploy your bots, then deploy the Assassin Bot. These Assassin Bots make it so when anybody of an opposing faction looks at the bot totals in a zone it shows 0 of who ever has the Assassin Bots deployed. This is a person by person basis, so they don't cover up your teammates bots.

Shields would be 0, attack 0, threat 5, aggression 0.

The way to keep this from being overpowered is if another faction deploys into the zone, the Assassin Bot is the first thing to die and all of them die. Then all your bots are shown. Also if you deploy the Assassin Bots first, when you deploy your other bots (IE seekers, or other attack bots) they won't damage enemy bots in zone but will continue to take damage at a regular rate.

Base Destruction Kit

When the zone your base is located in is about to fall to the enemy, you don't want the enemy to have an easy ride finishing you off as you'll have reduced harvesting until you retake the zone or move your base to a different zone. Well what you need is the Base Destruction Kit.

The Base Destruction Kit has 2 parts to it.

1) A EMP Device - Which on activation it will automatically power your base down so it won't get fried by EMP but Harvesting will stop. The EMP when fired will disable (destroy) '2x%' of enemy faction bots and 'x%' of friendly bots ('x' = a balanced number so not to totally mess up QONQR secret formula) of each operators bots in that zone.

So if you have 1 operator attacking you and 1 friendly operator in the zone and if the value of x was 10. The results would look something like this when EMP is fired.

Enemy operator has 2000 bots in zone they would lose 400 bots as a result. (if multiple enemy operators have 2000 bots in zone they would each lose 400 bots.)

Friendly operator has 1500 bots in zone they would lose 150 bot as a result.

If you have bots left in zone you would lose 'x + 25% of x' (this is because you could fire the EMP at anytime)

If after firing the EMP the enemy either gives up or fellow faction member come to assist, you can re-activate your base but you will have to travel to the zone to do this.

2) Incendiary Device - Which will destroy your base and also '2y%' of enemy faction bots and 'y%' of friendly bots (Same sort of working out as 'x' in EMP device)

The downside for you will be that base can't be removed from your base list for 'z' hours to prevent you travelling from enemy zone placing your base and activating the Base Destruction Kit knock 'x%' of the enemy and possible 'y%' also and then moving on to the next zone and doing the same. If i've thought of it then you will or are thing of that as an idea. Well it could still be possible to do but you could have no funds going in for 'z' hours

It would cost 15k Qredits per kit so it not to expense for newbies to get to protect base but expensive enough for an idea highlighted below. If the EMP is used it would cost 10k to replace.

To activate the different functions of the Base Destruction Kit you will be able to use the following:

- EMP Device can be fired from both Scope and Command Center (Centre).

- Incendiary can be fired from both Scope and Command Center (Centre).

- Re-activation of base from Scope in the zone the base is located.

Please note the value of 'x', 'y' & 'z' will be determined by QONQR Team so they can keep the game balanced!

what if your bases become one off shots? So you use the above ability and that's it they,re gone?

Had a few more ideas.

1# call down air strike, can only be used where you physically are.

But more powerful version of partical beam.

another way to defend where u are predominatly.

2# network drones, they connect nearby bases to increase credits? or to spy local bases near U?

3# defensive bots, when your base is attacked they launch automatic counter strike or at least tell you where it came from?

4# all your base now belong to us (when you conquer an oppenents area with a base you get this one off award..... (being serious just couldn't resist the naming of it)

5# ok this one might sound crazy but hear me out, if a player quits they can start a virus like a poison. As that way suddenly u have an insentive to not just stamp over any new player in case they trigger a virus (it eats at ur bots or causes u to have to do a mini game?)

Had a few more ideas.

1# call down air strike, can only be used where you physically are.

But more powerful version of partical beam.

another way to defend where u are predominatly.

2# network drones, they connect nearby bases to increase credits? or to spy local bases near U?

3# defensive bots, when your base is attacked they launch automatic counter strike or at least tell you where it came from?

4# all your base now belong to us (when you conquer an oppenents area with a base you get this one off award..... (being serious just couldn't resist the naming of it)

5# ok this one might sound crazy but hear me out, if a player quits they can start a virus like a poison. As that way suddenly u have an insentive to not just stamp over any new player in case they trigger a virus (it eats at ur bots or causes u to have to do a mini game?)

Notscott, If you have better names for your ideas than what i have called them on main reference list just tell me what to call them and I'll change main list. Also I've not included 4# as its an award rather than weapon.

Good ideas though, I like 2# for linking bases to together to increase credits.

I'm guessing this would be just zones which are next to each other?

The extra element could be that everyone has Special forces bots which can be deployed on captured enemy zones and they are used to capture enemy bases within that zone. If you deploy the '4, 6 or 8 special forces bot team' into the zone you've just captured and they identify there is an enemy base you will be able to harvest a percentage of the Qredits. Not the Qredits the enemy will be getting a reduction on but the Qredits that have been reduced.

i.e. usually a friendly zone a base takes about 4 hours to get to 100% but if its in an enemy zone it takes about 8 hours.

But if the harvester was to work at the same speed regardless of zone control, the base owner will still get their usual Qredits so 100% in 4 hours for friendly control and 50% in 4 hours for enemy control but the enemy who have deployed a special forces team into the zone would get a percentage of the other 50%. I would have to leave it up to QONQR team to decide how to balance it if multiple base are in the same zone.

The Special Forces Team would probably cost 10-15k Qredits and take probably 50% energy and double the team size in bots.

An idea I've thought of from a response to another idea for QONQR in the following topic

Phoenix just name them anything, just trying to help (as I said may be ideas already seen) and yeah sorry #4 was too tempting and went off track lol.

In regards to linking bases obviously energy as a secondary.

Quick question do bases currently give you a defensive or offensive bonus?

about the linking bases by zones, for example if they are all in England that's when bonus comes in or would a bonus be better if you weremore international? (just an example)

I'd like to see some weapons that are deployable from your bases or which can be 'built' in your bases. Upgrading seperate bases would make those zones also more meaningful to defend than the pure 'honor' you get right now for a large zone. You can also create specific formations which can be deployed when a certain level of bots has been met (or combine this with a base upgrade which is accessible after a certain population). This would greatly increase the purpose of a large zone :).

Or introduce some sort of superzones (combine it with some story about large futuristic mysterious zones) which a faction can hold and deploy certain stuff at?

Or more generally: holding a region as a faction gives you x1.5 qredtis production or something..

Came across this on another topic by Zeon. Just thought I'd added it here to.

Scope Heatsink

I think this was commented on before and even said was put into consideration, but I might as well put it here anyways.

A scope upgrade in the similar fashion as the Damage/Shield Enhancer that would make your bot/energy bars overheat slower, maybe at increments of 5% per upgrade, up to possibly 25 or 30% would give players a little bit more capability to deploy more bots in less time. It could be under the same price scale as the Damage and Shield Enhancers. This would also give people who are close to 100% upgrades something to burn qredits on other than ordinance, but still give additional gameplay time over the 20-30 minute lapses between cooldowns. :)

I would definetly like to see something that is more energy based, as I always have more EN than Bots over, like a new iteration of the Plasma Canon.

Maybe a Def bot, that has a low bot cost but high EN cost, as it infuses the bots with the scope EN.

Like a deployable shockwave mine, though this may look like a Seeker, this Bot would react after an assault.

Insane hi deployment range

Uses a DPF core

Or a new EN attack:

Orbital Canon - 100EN/120EN/etc (Instant Max.Overheat)

Costs 50,000 Qredits to have the Sat' realigned

Doesn't attack one zone but multplie area's / and all units (even friendly)?

Would be a nice opening shot for far flung regions

Due to the need of the scope GPS relay, limited range but greater than the NM.

Or a new EN attack:

Orbital Canon - 100EN/120EN/etc (Instant Max.Overheat)

Costs 50,000 Qredits to have the Sat' realigned

Doesn't attack one zone but multplie area's / and all units (even friendly)?

Would be a nice opening shot for far flung regions

Due to the need of the scope GPS relay, limited range but greater than the NM.

I like the idea of this orbital Canon. If something like this is enacted, I definitely agree with the instant overheat and the damage to enemy and friendly bots.

Although what did you mean by limited range but greater than the nanomissile? Lol, that wouldn't be very limited if it had greater than 400 miles haha

How about it can only be activated in the state/region/country(for those with countries the size of one of the states)

If you have nukes(high damage ion cannon) then I do think you should be able to know where that came from, that way you actually get a war of total anialation (however its spelt)

nuke for nuke, automatically you get damaged as much as ur opponent I.e. Maybe instead of it being targeted by base its spread across an individuals bases?

(just an idea, I,d hate to write the coding for it plus I can hear the outcry now)

I've been thinking about a multiplayer NUKE. It basically would be a super weapon that works as follows: 1. Would require multiple players (5-10) Each buying a launch sequence. All would have to press launch within a certain time frame and direct fire at a singular Zone. 2. When Launching all players must have full scope and after firing scope would be unusable for 1 hour. 3. I have never given much thought to the damage but I'd imagine that this would be a pure damage weapon that would leave no remaining friendly bots and maybe be capable of dropping 100K+ bots depending on how the Zone is built.

Obviously the price would be great but the weapon it seems is almost completely needed now to deal with towers that are just simply untouchable anymore in this game. This would add to the multiplayer and communication aspect of the game that I have come to enjoy.

Also an international missile would be great. I'd like to bomb my enemies if they travel over seas.

A while back I posted a very rough idea for faction specific super weapons (attainable at level 100).

Once a player reaches level 100, they're granted access to their factions super weapon, each differs and follows the lore of each faction. I can't find the original thread, but the ideas were as follows:

Faceless: Zone Hack: hacks target zone, scrambling defense formations for a short period of time.

Legion: Nuke: launches a massive strike against the targeted zone.

Swarm: Iron Dome: deploys the most advance defensive formation in the game.

Each one follows the faction's story lines (legion want to destroy, swarm to defend, faceless are hackers).

Like I said, they're very rough ideas. However, building off of kryptonym's last post (regarding his nuke idea), I think implementing a multiplayer aspect to each of these would be a great idea.

Each of these counters another (Nuke just blows everything up, Iron Dome helps defend against that, Zone Hack renders Iron Dome less effective), and could help to promote faction-to-faction collaboration when attacking a mega-base. The trouble would come when trying to balance them with just a two-faction area (which it seems a lot of areas are becoming).

Edit: Adding in a multiplayer attack, in general, would be a great idea. Help push the geo-social aspect of the game even further.