120 members have voted

1. 1. What is your faction/phone OS?

• Faceless / iPhone
    • Faceless / Windows Phone
    • Legion / iPhone
    • Legion / Windows Phone
    • Swarm / iPhone
    • Swarm / Windows Phone

Yeah, I'm mostly curious so we can prepare for the Android players since I think choice of phone OS might correlate fairly strongly with faction choice, e.g.

• Faceless -> Android
  • Legion -> iPhone
  • Windows Phone -> Swarm

Obviously recruiters, local players/zone control, and a host of other factors would go into it too which is why I'm running a poll. :D

Yeah, I'm mostly curious so we can prepare for the Android players since I think choice of phone OS might correlate fairly strongly with faction choice, e.g.

• Faceless -> Android
  • Legion -> iPhone
  • Windows Phone -> Swarm

Obviously recruiters, local players/zone control, and a host of other factors would go into it too which is why I'm running a poll. :D

I would say it would be as follows

- Faceless -> Android

- Legion -> Windows Phone

- Swarm -> iPhone

I find it interesting that iPhone players make up barely 20% of active players on QONQR. I suppose it has something to do with the variety of games on our app store as compared to Windows.

On a related note this may be somewhat due to functionality differences between OSs. As an iPhone player i feel disadvantaged in QONQR because we do not receive push notifications so I am oblivious while my enemies instantly retake the zones I capture.

I find it interesting that iPhone players make up barely 20% of active players on QONQR. I suppose it has something to do with the variety of games on our app store as compared to Windows.

On a related note this may be somewhat due to functionality differences between OSs. As an iPhone player i feel disadvantaged in QONQR because we do not receive push notifications so I am oblivious while my enemies instantly retake the zones I capture.

Isn't part of it because 'iPhone' is now classed as an 'old persons' phone or 'mid-life crisis' phone!! :P

It's most likely because it's the #6 free game in the strategy group and places pretty well overall while having a ~4.5 star rating. The iPhone's marketplace is so diluted it's a lot harder for Qonqr to get noticed. The iPhone seems to be losing its grip on the market pretty quickly but WP7/8 aren't gaining as much market share from the change as you'd hope. Most people are jumping to Samsung-built Android phones instead since they're super-fly, or whatever it is kids are saying nowadays. (Are we green? Super green, the greenest of greens.)

I have to disagree,

WP seems more like a Legion Scope than anything for me, all the services sync multi-platform (Uniformity)

'Droid is obviously a Faceless Scope due to scriptkids being able to root the **** out of it (Flexibility)

And the iPhone is Swarm all over....The direct result of integrating Qonqr into mobile devices.

Maybe I am a bit biased ;)

Isn't part of it because 'iPhone' is now classed as an 'old persons' phone or 'mid-life crisis' phone!! :P

Nah, youngest daughter (18) is the only one in our family who has an iPhone. The rest of us have WP, Android & BB!

Nah, youngest daughter (18) is the only one in our family who has an iPhone. The rest of us have WP, Android & BB!

BB is SOOOO last year.

I've had a samsung phone for years, fascinate, galaxy s, s2, s3, etc. My wife finally convinced me to switch to iphone, and I'm not going to lie, i love:

1. No more battery pulls.

2. No more freezing.

3. Phone stays charged all day even with constant news/gaming.

4. Apps/games run better, don't lock up, lag, etc.

5. Better signal/service

I have zero complaints about my iphone. I never thought I'd say that.