The Official QONQR Community Forums
d00d

Double zones - Guide?

Hi,

can anyone pls link me the guide to double zones, how they work, how to access the other side and stuff?

Maybe I'm just blind -.-

Thx in advance.

I'm assuming he means selecting either zone when they overlap so closely. What I do is zoom really really close to get some separation.

Otherwise, here is some good info regarding double/duplicate zones:

I mean the ones where you first conquer the middle. On some just reopening shows the other side on other zones it seems to be impossible to select the other one.

I have attached pictures of both possibilities that I found.

First one is a base where I can just click it again to switch the "side" most times (but not always). The second one is a ***** to get the other side. The one I attached I'm trying to raid for month... but no success. I'd love to make it green but can't.

Edith says:

And while we are at it, what's the difference between the zones with the thick and the thin border. Which guide has it?

post-2077-0-65234000-1363076595_thumb.jp

I have seen a similar problem on the wondows phone. It appears that some zones have a persistant external memory that doesn't match when opened. So for example a zone may present as being legion 10,000, tells you who captured it and who is apparently zone leader. It seems odd because tyou now you've taken that zone in your last set of launches. YOu go into the zone again and hit refresh, and sure enough it now belong to your faction. Click back out to the map though and the graphic still hasn't changed, (the old memory persists). It can stay that way for days.

Sometimes when zooming in you'll see the zone graphic flick back and forth between an old memory and the actual current one. Or as posted above you can just make out a second zone literally beneath the first. Furthernore sometimes the name of the zone doesn't match.

Now it could be a glitch.

Or the nano bot technology is actually opening wormholes to parallell universes, and our scopes are occaisionally jangled by glimpsing through the wormhole to the alternate reality.

There are some duplicate zones from the open source data we loaded. We are talking about getting an intern to help clean these up, in conjunction with crowd-sourcing to identify which zones need to be merged.

Now it could be a glitch.

Or the nano bot technology is actually opening wormholes to parallell universes, and our scopes are occaisionally jangled by glimpsing through the wormhole to the alternate reality.

I love this and everything about it hahahaha Plus its totally whats happening.

We are talking about getting an intern.

Lol, thats what unpaid interns are for! The lowely boring job nobody wants to do and consumes toooons of time!!! Go to your local college, there are tooonnnssss of people willing to do this kind of thing. Mainly since they can put it on their resume ;) Bribe them with free food. That's all companies have to say to get me to show up to time consuming unpaid things.................................

There are some duplicate zones from the open source data we loaded........ zones need to be merged.

So your plan to deal with the multiple zones is to merge them? I've been operating under the impression of the bottom zone would be deleted. Which now that I"m thinking about it wouldn't make much sense, since how would you know from looking at a data chart which zone was the "bottom" zone... A merging strategy would be best since it just combines the data from the two zones into one data slot... If this gets confirmed then I've got some work to do.

Where is the Point of building an Automated Script for merging?

Most of the Double Zones have the exact same Coordinates. So finding those shouldn't be very difficult.

For the actual merging just put every Bot and Base from Zone B into Zone A and delete Zone B.

That's what I would try :)

greetings

gnomus

Gnomus, the lats and lons are usually not exact in the DB, but precision is so low it doesn't matter on the map. In addition to the things you mentioned, we need to recalculate zone captures/leaders. If someone has a base in both zones, we need to return one base to their inventory and message them that it was merged. Often the name has a slight spelling or punctuation difference.

So we need to have a human in the loop for most merges that are needed.

Same here.

How about creating an automated popup when deploy in zones within range x of another zone:

"There is a map-bug in this zone and we need your help. Is it called x or y?"

The rest can be automated. Then we'll see if I help more or Gnomus ;).

Edith says: maybe even count these corrections and put up second leaderboard for that. I'd be up for the race!

There is also the issue of some zones that seem to move. Argent will recognise Ketteringham which moves between Norfolk and Leicestershire seemingly on it's own timetable. This matches the Norfolk sense of humour...Wierdly, if you Google Ketteringham, it puts it in the centre of Whetstone. Was that one of the open sources perhaps? Ditto Sprowstone and Bagworth except with a lack of humour!

I'm less worried about zones that seem to stack on top of each other. If we had a simple search function that worked along the same lines as the operator search, then you could find the 'bottom' zones that way. Only works if you know the name of the zone. Or take a lesson from property search websites that group and list closely matched properties together.

If the merge zones plan becomes a goer, then I think the intern route sounds labour intensive and soul destroying. There must be a neat technical solution in there, somewhere!

you have to capture one of the two zones and then switch screens always an tap on loading map screen directly of this buggy point and hope that you catch the second zone under the zone..

Is this different than towns with multiple zones (for instance my hometown has there distinct areas) and thus there is a north town

Town and south town (i don't know if saying my town may result in my discovery so I will just say town

Or will these eventually be merged

What you're talking about is different. If you can see the three zones distinctly, then they aren't double zones (or triple zones). It's completely normal for a town to have multiple zones. Heck, urban towns have dozens of zones.

Double zones are just when two zones are practically stacked on top on each other. You don't have to worry about the three zones in your town being merged if they're a good distance apart.