The Official QONQR Community Forums
d00d

Double zones - Guide?

There is a zone in Ontario Canada that will almost never show on the map. It appears to be a duplicate zone for a town, which is in a township, which is how the two zones are distinguished. The town name is Beamsville and is in the township of lincoln(district name) it is near impossible to find Lincoln on the map. The zone will only appear randomly and rarely at that. The Lincoln zone will never show at the same time as Beamsville, they share the exact location on the map. There are a large number of zones missing for the Ontario Canada region. Lincoln needs to move from Beamsville though, as it is impossible to select a zone which is almost never there.

any update on the double zone issue? we have a few around northern va that we'd like merged/deleted etc.

a few of us had a million bots in each but recently had come under attack so i spent some cubes to fully galv all of them that were like this to prevent some bot loss.

we have one cluster of zones by wolftrap that have 3 zones shoved on top of each other, and hunington that is 2 zones almost identically on top, and around the general area many zones have the same name next to each other but are about a quarter mile apart on the map.

if any of these are to be deleted in the coming months or merged, would there be a compensation for the credits used on the galvanizers? ideally i specifically don't need half my bases shoved together with 10 all of a sudden having 80k galvs in each.

thanks.

There will be losses, I'm afraid - merging may alter the situation in many places. Nevertheless, I'm quite sure that it could be automated, as the community for this game is one of the best around and should understand that it would be done for the benefit of us all.

There are some duplicate zones from the open source data we loaded. We are talking about getting an intern to help clean these up, in conjunction with crowd-sourcing to identify which zones need to be merged.

you've probably thought of this but maybe an option on teh ... menu for 'report duplicate zone' - i found quite a few whilst i was in malaysia

Stacks of double zones in Australia. I assume that an announcement will be made on what is to happen with the bots in the double zones - merger would seem the fairest (might set of some mighty battles if 2 opposing mega bases are brought together).

We also have some double zones that might be able to be fixed by slightly moving 1 zone so that it is not directly underneath another - so the names are different and apprpropriate it is just that the zones are directly on the top of each other - plenty of "space" to move it too (our zones are not packed that tight in regional Australia). Can these also be reported in whatever update process in coming.