The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GungHo

QONQR Story Contest!

Hey everyone! We're excited to kick off a story contest here on the Forums. We've got some great prizes and we think this should be a lot of fun. Here are the details:

Write a story about you and your Faction Leader and win awesome prizes!

We want you to come up with a totally awesome (but brief) story about an interaction between you and your Faction Leader. Maybe it's when your faction leader first recruited you, maybe it's the story of a particularly daring raid you were on together, or perhaps a memorably funny exchange you had about those losers in the other factions. Whatever the case, submit your best stories to the forums before 10pm Central Time, August 31st, 2012. Team QONQR will pick our favorite three stories and award the following prizes:

1st Place:

• Your story and you become a part of the QONQR Canon! You will become one of your faction leader's right-hand men/women and depictions of you will show up in future storylines.
  • 100 Power Cubes
  • A QONQR T-shirt

2nd Place:

• 50 Power Cubes
  • A QONQR T-shirt

3rd Place:

• 25 Power Cubes
  • A QONQR T-shirt

RULES AND ADDITIONAL DETAILS:

• Stories must be posted to the Fan Fiction Forum and tagged with the StoryContest tag
  • The Deadline for this contest is 10pm Central Time, August 31st, 2012. Stories submitted after that time will not be considered for the contest.
  • Try to keep stories under 500 words. Longer stories will not be disqualified, but shorter is better.
  • Story format is open, as long as it can be posted to the QONQR Forums. Prose, poetry, screenplays, comics, etc. are all eligible.
  • Multiple submissions are permitted, but a single person cannot win more than one of the prizes.
  • By submitting these stories, you give QONQR LLC the right to use them for any purpose. (That's right - you might wind up in a QONQR storyline even if you don't take first place!)
  • Story contents cannot be offensive. Keep it PG-13 folks. We've got kids who play.
  • In the event where Team QONQR cannot decide between two stories, the award will go to the entry with the most "likes". So get your friends to log in and like your post!

Have fun everyone! We can't wait to read your stories!

Just made a modification to the rules based on feedback. Stories that go over 500 words will not be disqualified, but for this contest try to keep them as close to 500 words as you can. In general, though, we'd love to see you epic length stories in this forum!

Thanks to everyone who submitted an entry to our story contest. The QONQR team will spend a couple weeks considering the stories and determine a winner. We encourage players to continue submitting stories. While you will no longer be able eligible for this contest, the QONQR team continually looks for our most passionate players and would love to read your stories.

On a personal note, these stories have been incredibly inspiring to me. I have read the stories many times and they are so good I want to find a way to continue growing this catalog. The Official Mobile Operative Memoirs?

You've inspired me to write my own story, imaging how I may have been recruited. I wrote the story in the setting of my youth, pulled forward to today's conflict. You can find my story with the rest. It was so much fun to take facts of my youth, things I actually did, and people I knew, and intertwine it with QONQR.

Today, we are announcing the winner of the story contest from last fall. It is with sincere apologies and embarrassment that this announcement comes so late. As with many well-intentioned but flawed plans, the delays compounded until too much time had passed to still be reasonable.

The winner of the story contest was selected some time ago, but as you may know, the winner was also promised to be written into the QONQR lore. Focus on building features for player-to-player messaging, recruiting, achievements and ranks continued to push lore down the priority list for months.

I read the story submissions many times over the past months. The submissions were amazing, creative, and energizing. But one thing about the winning story really made it stand out. It made me feel like I was there in the moment, but more important it was memorable. I can still recall several lines of the dialog between this agent and Kimyo.

We have selected The Fr0st as the winner of the story contest for his submission, “Revelation.”

Fr0st caught my attention when he wrote about scope overheat before it was ever mentioned outside of the QONQR team. However it was his vivid conversation with Kimyo, and his closing sentence that stuck with me. Good story tellers are memorable, and it for this reason that Fr0st is our winner.

In the developing lore, The Fr0st will be Kimyo’s tactical liaison. Kimyo, being a researcher and a scientist first and foremost, requires a right hand man who can closely monitor the global battle to protect QONQR. We believe Fr0st is former Special Forces of unknown nationality. His Black Ops work has kept his identity obscure, but his role in the Swarm has become very clear.

I have exchanged emails with the man behind Frost and we have been working to develop his character for a couple weeks. I had not seen him on the forums in quite some time, and was worried our winner had moved on before ever knowing he had won. I’m happy to report that not only is Frost still fully engaged in QONQR, but he reports QONQR has become a regular family past time.

As for second and third place, we will be awarding the equivalent of the second place price to each of the participants in the story contest. It is the least we can do given our delay of this announcement.

We encourage everyone to continue posting stories in this thread. Perhaps this thread will become the QONQR memoirs.

I love the fact that your character can become part of the story. Congratulations Fr0st you should be so proud to be chosen. I can't wait to see your name added to the lore of SWARM.

Best Regards,

Flower of SWARM

Ran into lore discussion in another forum and came up with a few things that I think ties all faction leaders together well, their roles and the story in general..hehe didn't know there was a contest last year..oh wells..but I think what I submitted was a nifty overview of how things started, progressed, ended, then restarted again

http://community.qonqr.com/index.php?/topic/737-factions-and-leaders/page__pid__13741__st__20#entry13741

We need another one of these! I think Chapter 2 to my story, Revolution would of been a great entry for the template too! Sad face... But yes I say we need a new one, with a new template! And new entries! And new prizes!