The Official QONQR Community Forums
Silver

April Fools

We didn't have time to implement any elaborate April fools day jokes, and I was traveling all day on the 1st and couldn't even manage a joke on the forums. But... we might as well start planning for next year. List your ideas here. Maybe we will actually do something next year.

***Pretend that you're shutting the company down :P

***Switch all the Legion players to Swarm

***All the Swarm to Faceless

***All the Faceless to Legion

***Eliminate everyones upgrades O_O (warning may cause riots in streets)

***Turn all zones to a brand new color

***Change each factions colors to random new ones :D

**Legion -> Pink

**Swarm -> Magenta

**Faceless -> Brown

***Put 41 fake cubes into everyones account, but make them unusable :D (get it... 41 cubes? April 1st :D )

*** Announce you're getting rid of the Faceless Faction and all members will be switched to Legion ;)

*** Have the forum redirect to the Rick Rolled youtube video

*** Max out everyones credits, but make them unusable all day :o

I'll keep 'em coming aaaalll day long ;)

Faceless get a hack button that spams a mini game

legions get a shoot button that turns the app into a picture of a gun

swarm gets Hal yelling at them calling all Dave and asked them to play chess when they launch

All bots become glitches out on WP except the missile says police on it and the nanos that move in form the word party and at end of animation it puts spams the screen with busted.

***Pretend that you're shutting the company down :P

***Switch all the Legion players to Swarm

***All the Swarm to Faceless

***All the Faceless to Legion

***Eliminate everyones upgrades O_O (warning may cause riots in streets)

***Turn all zones to a brand new color

***Change each factions colors to random new ones :D

**Legion -> Pink

**Swarm -> Magenta

**Faceless -> Brown

***Put 41 fake cubes into everyones account, but make them unusable :D (get it... 41 cubes? April 1st :D )

*** Announce you're getting rid of the Faceless Faction and all members will be switched to Legion ;)

*** Have the forum redirect to the Rick Rolled youtube video

*** Max out everyones credits, but make them unusable all day :o

I'll keep 'em coming aaaalll day long ;)

Lol!! Best ideas EVER!!

I've got a better idea that kinda goes off of qriles's idea. Instead of switching the symbols switch EVERYTHING! Like HL is now ZA and ZA is now BB and BB is now Seekers.....ect. :D and they switch everytime you use one. So you never kno what you get! But make sure the buy in-store stuff inventory isn't touched when launching.

The rest of the world outside of the US wouldn't understand as we all(?) use the much-more-common-sense format of date/month/year - certainly not this month/date/year nonsense! :D

The rest of the world outside of the US wouldn't understand as we all(?) use the much-more-common-sense format of date/month/year - certainly not this month/date/year nonsense! :D

Fiiiiinnneeeee ;)

But 14 cubes isn't allll that impressive haha 41 would really grab some attention!

• A random formation is chosen every time you launch, none take inventory spots
  • Announce everyone with a rank of Sergeant Major will be given one nuke per month. The nuke will wipe out all bots in a single zone but the radiation will make everyone wait for 24 hours before any bots can be deployed in the zone again.
  • Announce that Qonqr now integrates with Siri on the iPhone, make a YouTube video showing "Siri, launch Shockwave at New York, New York, US"
  • Turn off overheating for the day, don't say anything about it
  • Give everyone a "Golden Turtle" a single missile that doesn't have a distance limit, requires 8000 bots, but can only be shot at the largest zone in the world (by most bots in residence across all 3 factions). In all other ways it should be identical to the nanomissile. This one is more an April Fools joke on one set of players by all the rest in the game than one of the more standard joke announcements.
  • Make it so players move all over to random places on earth throughout the day, similar to the XKCD comic but without the need for it to be nearby. Maybe make it depend on time and round it to the center of the nearest zone so I'm in China one hour, Ecuador the next, etc.

• A random formation is chosen every time you launch, none take inventory spots
  • Announce everyone with a rank of Sergeant Major will be given one nuke per month. The nuke will wipe out all bots in a single zone but the radiation will make everyone wait for 24 hours before any bots can be deployed in the zone again.
  • Announce that Qonqr now integrates with Siri on the iPhone, make a YouTube video showing "Siri, launch Shockwave at New York, New York, US"
  • Turn off overheating for the day, don't say anything about it
  • Give everyone a "Golden Turtle" a single missile that doesn't have a distance limit, requires 8000 bots, but can only be shot at the largest zone in the world (by most bots in residence across all 3 factions). In all other ways it should be identical to the nanomissile. This one is more an April Fools joke on one set of players by all the rest in the game than one of the more standard joke announcements.
  • Make it so players move all over to random places on earth throughout the day, similar to the XKCD comic but without the need for it to be nearby. Maybe make it depend on time and round it to the center of the nearest zone so I'm in China one hour, Ecuador the next, etc.

Think the programing behind some of these would be craaazzzzyyy but sooooo cool.

I really like the Golden Turtle missile! Idk where the biggest zone in the world is, but that would be crazy!!

How about I edit your cube problem Slip and RepX and say 1,414 cubes? For the date month and yr 4/1/14 so that it's a little more impressive and the whole date order makes more sense to the rest of the world. There that should make everyone happy. =)

Announce that Qonqr now integrates with Siri on the iPhone, make a YouTube video showing "Siri, launch Shockwave at New York, New York, US"

I'd be very careful of saying that out loud in public!

Reminds me of the joke:

Obama just started World War 3; when he said 'Nuke the Chinese', he actually meant he wanted his chow mein reheated... :D

On April 1st "accidently" wipe out everyones bots ;)

To expand on this:

Backup the database and whipe out all bots. Give people 1 cube for every 10,000 bots they had. Let the chaos go on for the day and then restore the original database on the 2nd.

Would even be cool if the April 1st database was backed up and then restored every year just for the one day with a new set of cubes distributed...