The Official QONQR Community Forums
Silver

Today's Cube Exchange Rate is ....

You might want to consider consulting an economist. At this point there is no player-player trading, so most of the issues seen with in-game currency shouldn't be a problem. Actually, there is really only one problem I've seen with in-game currency: runaway inflation. My guess, though, would be that you could adjust the exchange rate depending on how many people are buying cubes (ie, how many $ each cube is "worth" determined by the market). You could have it fluctuate down if demand is too low (I guess that would mean more Q$ per cube) and back up if demand spikes. I think you'd see inflation reflected as lots of purchasing of cubes

One type of inflation you also should be aware of would be the rate at which bases generate Q$, which would also be a way you could tighten the M1 money supply (you have no M2), if harvesting bases dropped in rate (ie, if it becomes less useful to players to harvest bases) then you'd say the currency was losing value.

I am NOT an economist. But I find in-game currency fascinating. I also find the pure information trades (please install App X and we will grant you N cubes) to be a genuine information age market. There is profit but neither your action (granting of Qubes) or mine (installing an app) involved any outlay of money.

I am however an internet application security engineer. If you ever want to chat I have some suggestions on how you might sniff out multiscopers.

Dual currency virtual economies are one of the most complicated elements of game design. No doubt this is a hard topic.

Happy to take suggestions on multi-scoping detection. Please send to suppport@qonqr.com

Dual currency virtual economies are one of the most complicated elements of game design. No doubt this is a hard topic.

Happy to take suggestions on multi-scoping detection. Please send to suppport@qonqr.com

Three p suppport? I bet that keeps down on the spam ...

Yep its pretty normal. Before the exchange rate was activated it was always 1000 qreds. So anymore than that is a bonus. :-D

It should fluctuate higher occasionally, I'm just waiting to purchase cubes until I see the rate perk up.

If you are running on any iphone version other than the most current IPhone, you need to update. The exchange rates update every time you activate the app. Exchange rates update at midnight UTC.

Ok, now I exchanged 1 cube and instead of getting 2k qredits I got 3k and after the purchase the display changed to 3k now...