The Official QONQR Community Forums
Amaterasu

which do you prefere?

I've been playing this for a week now and my girlfriend plays too, hers looks and plays better than mine and offers more friendly UI, the difference? I'm WP7.5 she's on the Ios, why are the two versions different and why not make the WP version offer the same UI and features?

Much prefer windows. Have 7.5 also. The map is soooo much easier to read than the ISO. I can't distinguish between faction on ISO. And the map itself is so much more less detailed then WN. Yea, perks are better for them(can't beat the free cubes, ggrrr, so unfair), but a far as easier to use, windows, hands down.

I switched from an iPhone 4 to Nokia Lumia 920. I started playing Qonqr on the 920 but I'm not happy with that phone. My wife and I have had a bunch of problems with our 920s and both of us are on our second handset. I can't keep the battery on the 920 to last half a day if I play Qonqr (or do anything at all) on it. So to make a long story short, I prefer the iOS version but that has more to do with the phone than the game. I use the iphone when wifi is available and I use the 920 when I'm out of the house. And yes, I carry both phones with me at all times.

well I go for wp and I recomend a down grading to like a samsung focus they are very reliable and tough plus you can get spare batterys for it plus add in it is very stable in battaery life and well not crashing the nokias are good but not reliable.

In comparison, the IoS version gives you the ability to earn qubes through offers, with an absence of an atk/def animation, its largely the same but the IoS acts alot faster, sure the maps are not as good it runs alot smoother, I understand thats more of a WP map issue with the massive amount of lag it gets, if the same code was on the WP as the IoS it would be preferred outcome for me lol battery life, it seems to drain both my Lumia 800 and my partners Iphone 4s.

I've played on the Iphone, iPad, windows 7.5 and windows 8. I liked the windows 7.5, but my Lumina 920 is the best. I am on my 2nd Lumina but I'm able to get the battery to last 12+ hours. Of pretty constant use....

WP8 Lumia 920. I like it a lot more than iOS. My roommate uses the iPhone and I feel like the UI for it is terribad and the map is worse. WP feels much quicker and swiping vs tapping buttons to navigate just seems to make more sense to me. WP map has easy to see faction colors. I cam barely make out what colors the pins are on iOS.

let me expand upon my post above with the negatives and positives of each device.

Iphone/Ipad

Positives: Much faster gameplay, easier to deploy your full bot tank in a matter of seconds. The map moves a bit smoother and the zooming is much smoother as well. Also the game just seems to be overall a tad faster and more responsive. The in game market place makes it easy to purchase large amounts of missiles quickly, as compared to the windows phone version... Also the recruitment on the Iphone doesn't have it favoring the "Losing" faction in the area.

Also the app market reaches more people, so therefore more potential downloads and income for the developers.

Negatives: The map colors make it difficult to tell the different factions controlling them apart. The purple and red are very similar... Also the lack of animation, while yes something that has been harped upon by many others, is something that I believe is needed here. I have spoken to two possible recruits this weekend that said they won't play because its far to boring. To the Iphone users its just a numbers game, and people these days (sadly) need visual stimulation to keep them interested. That is unless they can get past it and enjoy the concept of the game itself.

Another negative is how broken apart everything is. For example, the fact that to access the leaderboard you have to be back on the Map menu, when in the windows phone you open the zone up, get that zones leaderboard, swipe, state leaderboard, swipe, national leaderboard. Its just more navigation than the windows phone overall :/

Windows version:

Positives: The map setup makes it easier to tell the faction zones apart. The animations really are key here, its what got many of my Iphone recruits interested in the game. They'd see me playing it, say "hey that looks cool!" then download it and... well what I said above happens. Also being able to use the back button is amazing :) O and the use of the swiping ability is great... And how smooth it is to get around to the different pages :)

Also a smaller app market means the app has less competition, meaning a higher percentage of users see and download the app. While overall there may be less potential people seeing the app, more of those people are downloading it so it wins out.

Downside: The in game market place does a confirmation after each purchase, which the Iphone does not... So its got the purchase button, then its got a confirmation page, then it says Transaction complete. Which while only takes 3 seconds to complete... When your trying to purchase 100 missiles, it kinda gets in the way... I'll actually be making a post in feature requests about that one in a second.

Some people say that the delayed deployment time is a slight pain, but using the back button you can get even fast deployments than on the Iphone version :)

Windows 7.5 phone:

Overall on par with the windows 8 version.

Thanks for reading :)