The Official QONQR Community Forums
TotallyLoyalToSwarm

Attention multiscopers

I kinda wish my brother didn't name his account almost identical to mine because now it looks bad...any way to change account names so people don't think I multi-scope?? I'm new and don't wanna get a bad rep...

Legion for life!! Sea of red incoming!!

I kinda wish my brother didn't name his account almost identical to mine because now it looks bad...any way to change account names so people don't think I multi-scope?? I'm new and don't wanna get a bad rep...

Legion for life!! Sea of red incoming!!

Admins please ban this multiscoper, tia.

Hahahah, this post is almost funny, except it's not. Everyone multiscopes (me included x4) and they can't prove it 90% of the time. Have a nice day :) I'm just waiting for the day I'm actually caught.

I bet a monkey can launch from 4 scopes all at exactly the same time, faceless monkeys must look more like baboons walking backwards. Got to be the explanation. But then it raises the issue of pockets because as we all know a primates favorite pocket would damage a scope in short order.

Swarm isn't multiscoping in NYC, but we do enjoy attacking multiscopers when possible. As mentioned above it is not easy to prove, so we have to take care of ourselves as best we can. Naturally you cant go attack everyone who is accused. It's important to gather as much evidence as you can to be sure first. I am honored that I had the chance to take part in such attacks as they feel more pure than attacking people because of the color of their zone. Multiscopers, jerks and cheaters all seem like better reasons to attack.

To openly admit it on an open forum is not the cleverest thing to do. The best purpose it serves is to show how honest players find multi's repugnant. Qonqrfan obviously doesn't play too well if he needs needs 4 accounts.

My question, for Qonqrfan, is why? Was it rank points? Unable to get a hold on your area? Or free cubes?

As you don't mind admitting it surely you wouldn't mind discussing your reasons for more accounts, when you are also aware how most players don't accept it as a game strategy just cheating.

Whoa whoa, I'm guilty, but only of ignorance. I have an old device im trying to sell, so I created a second acct on it. I figured it was like multiple accts on any other RPG. I certainly do not want to be against the rules. Can I deactivate it? I have too much time and effort into QONQR to ruin it like that...

Hahahah, this post is almost funny, except it's not. Everyone multiscopes (me included x4) and they can't prove it 90% of the time. Have a nice day :) I'm just waiting for the day I'm actually caught.

We thank you for your confession. I have forwarded it to the appropriate authorities and requested that you be cleansed.

Whoa whoa, I'm guilty, but only of ignorance. I have an old device im trying to sell, so I created a second acct on it. I figured it was like multiple accts on any other RPG. I certainly do not want to be against the rules. Can I deactivate it? I have too much time and effort into QONQR to ruin it like that...

The Legion has requested, and were granted the right, to handle your case internally in accordance with their own laws and customs.

The decision of the Legion shot-callers is that you are to be suspended from the Legion for a period of 2 weeks. During this time, if you choose to join another faction rather than serve your sentence, you are forbidden from attacking or interfering with any Legion resourses or interests. Violation of this edict will result in permanent expulsion from the Legion and near-immediate anhiliation at the hands of Legion enforcers.

:P

The Legion has requested, and were granted the right, to handle your case internally in accordance with their own laws and customs.

The decision of the Legion shot-callers is that you are to be suspended from the Legion for a period of 2 weeks. During this time, if you choose to join another faction rather than serve your sentence, you are forbidden from attacking or interfering with any Legion resourses or interests. Violation of this edict will result in permanent expulsion from the Legion and near-immediate anhiliation at the hands of Legion enforcers.

To openly admit it on an open forum is not the cleverest thing to do. The best purpose it serves is to show how honest players find multi's repugnant. Qonqrfan obviously doesn't play too well if he needs needs 4 accounts.

My question, for Qonqrfan, is why? Was it rank points? Unable to get a hold on your area? Or free cubes?

As you don't mind admitting it surely you wouldn't mind discussing your reasons for more accounts, when you are also aware how most players don't accept it as a game strategy just cheating.

LoL, if you think my name in the game is QonqrFan, then you're silly. I've taken the necessary precautions to prevent getting caught posting here in the forums. I decided to make this account and talk about cheating because it **** me off. Everyone in here has seen the multiscopers in action, but they ALWAYS get away with it by saying it's there friend, wife, husband, kid, etc.

I wanted to test out what I could get away with and not get caught. So far I have managed to make 4 multiscope accounts that have gotten pretty high rankings in the leaderboards, and I've never gotten caught by whatever algorithm they have looking for it.

Another thing I've managed to do is fake my geo-location. I don't want a million people to know how to do it, but if you don't believe me, PM me and I'll explain how its done. I can travel anywhere I want with the click of a button and attack anyone. When the Android version comes out there will be a huge flood of geo-location cheaters playing, since it's sooooo easy to do on an Android device, but it's pretty tricky to accomplish on iOS and Windows Phone.

I've written to the developers, they say they are working on preventing cheating, but I don't see it being done.

Who in here would be against this method to prevent multiscoping: Anyone of the same faction will be overheated quicker if two players are within a certain short distance from each other (ie; both coming from same neighborhood). The developer I talked to said they couldn't implement it because people have QONQR parties and blah blah blah.. I think that's ****, nobody actually gets together and plans attacks. The game is not that widely played yet, and if they did.. well maybe they would need a new strategy.

^while you're kind of being a jerk about it, your idea for preventing multiscoping is actually a pretty good one which I hadn't thought of yet. Perhaps to solve the problem of people having QONQR parties would be to allow for a 3 hour exception to the rule that can be used once every X number of days (probably 3 maybe)

^while you're kind of being a jerk about it, your idea for preventing multiscoping is actually a pretty good one which I hadn't thought of yet. Perhaps to solve the problem of people having QONQR parties would be to allow for a 3 hour exception to the rule that can be used once every X number of days (probably 3 maybe)

Not to mention, they made a mistake by creating a new forum account and admitting to multiscoping.

whoa, whoa, WHOA... I had a huge Qonqr party with my kids and their friends on New Year's Eve. And beyond just my house, there are players in the same neighborhood (my kid's friends). Heck, there's a whole new horde of Faceless in the suburbs west of me that are kids that all live in the same neighborhood, possibly the same apartment complex. Removing local from the social equation sounds drastic and unfair to the people who DO play together. And there are many. I've talked to several couples who travel around attacking zones on the weekends for fun.

I guess it comes down to what you're playing the game for? I actually play for the social aspect... it's fun to sneak up and bombard large zones. I'm not actually trying to work my way up the leaderboards, although a leaderboard for kills would be nice. Then again... multi-scoping doesn't get *you* up the leaderboards, it's not like you can use the same account on multiple devices to not overheat. They're all different accounts.

The best way I can think of to discourage multi-scoping is to develop a more lucrative pay model. No one is going to want to pay 2x, 3x, 4x, for an advantage in a game with no end. Most of the other large online games work it that way. You're focusing all your efforts on one account, that grows stronger and more powerful, and don't have the time or resources to invest in multiple.

And if you do... well, you need a life. Again... no end to the game. No one "wins". What's to gain by cheating?

@rocco - I agree, I recruited a player from work, so I wouldn't always want to be penalized when I play at work.

Like you said rocco, I second that I think the best way to solve it is to make the levels go past level 100. Having such an easy to get max level (100) means anyone can have two max level accounts without much effort. But those cheaters that want to will make their accounts all even higher.. <sigh>