The Official QONQR Community Forums

Curious about something..the genesis of the faction names in particular and some other details..

Influenced by Anonymous much? Legion is a term often used "we are legion..."

Swarm.. Hive mind....

Faceless.. Guy Fawkes mask..hackers..

The pic used for the plasma cannon...very similar to the pic used in the old ddos tool LOIC

....just saying there are some very familiar 'accidental' references :D

Came expecting to hijack a whine thread, stayed 'cus it wasn't and OP made some interest observations.

I always thought Faceless were modelled on Anonymous, hackers etc. and that would make them the most popular. But now that you mention the other references I'd have to agree.

As for Swarm and the Bee thing. I sort of never associate Swarm with Bee Hive. I see Swarm and the free exchange on information more akin to a Bittorrent and the Swarm associated with the bittorrent are the others computers active in its growing network of shared information.

Maybe the title of this thread is significant. BLAH spelled backwards is HALB. So it could be the V2.0 of HAL (Heuristically programmed ALgorithmic computer) Perhaps we can hijack this thread after all!

Indeed we can and I have no idea what a Heuristically Programmed Algorithmic Computer is and fear googling it may crash my machine :o

As for Swarm and the Bee thing. I sort of never associate Swarm with Bee Hive. I see Swarm and the free exchange on information more akin to a Bittorrent and the Swarm associated with the bittorrent are the others computers active in its growing network of shared information.

Swarm of Bit-torrenters is a good one. However, a swarm of Ladybirds/Ladybugs does sound pretty scary.

However, a swarm of Ladybirds/Ladybugs does sound pretty scary.

A swarm of Ladybird Johnsons? Run for the hills!

https://www.google.com/search?q=ladybird+johnson&safe=off&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=EjK-Ua3vNPew4APQ64CoCQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=320&bih=356

Though there would be lots of pretty wild flowers.