The Official QONQR Community Forums
Jesh

Bases

Ok, so I just got this game. Really cool concept.

I have three questions about bases.

1 - how many bases can we have? Right now, at level 10, it seems to be one base every five levels.

2 - what's the importance of bases, other than to harvest credits? Should I spread my bases out or cluster them together? It seems you can only deploy from where you physically are, which is cool, but that suggests that bases aren't important beyond credits.

3 - how do you build bases? I understand you go to the bases menu and click create a base, but when I try to build one 5km from my first, it reverts my current zone to the first base, not the zone I tried to put it in. Is there a distance requirement in between bases?

In USA using WP7

Thanks

Welcome to Qonqr!

You get 1 base at every fifth level. Right now 100 is the level cap, at which point you have 21 bases available.

At this point bases only generate income for upgrades and ordinance. The devs have indicated that an expanded role for bases is on the way.

You can only build a base in a zone where you are physically (on iPhone at least) and you can't have more than one base in any zone.

Hope that helps, and good luck in the fight!

Thanks Croc - every point you made matches up perfectly with what I've seen thus far. It's the same on WP.

Figured it out myself before seeing your post, but it's good that it's posted so any newcomers can clear these questions as well.

As far as cluster/spreading out your bases I don't think it matters. Personally, I've kept mine clustered just because of range concerns, but that's about it.

I'd be curious to see if anyone has any different thoughts about it though.

Right now I keep a healthy collection of bases in rural towns, because they don't get contested often and are easy to recapture using missiles. I keep bases in urban areas where the cities are important to me personally. This way I get notified when the zone gets captured by the enemy (on WP7, notifications will be in next iOS update)

On the Kickstarter page for the Command Center project, it mentioned that capturing or putting bases on airports (or power plants) gave a user an additional advantage compared to regular territories. But I never heard a reference to that anywhere else. Is it true?

I did put a base at one airport, but others are missing or unrecognized by the game.

Hi Uberslam,

This is our goal for the future of QONQR. We have not implemented that into the game yet. But, at some point in the future we do plan to add hyper-local locations that provide strategic value. Kickstarter was a mix of what we have and what we want to build (with the help of some funding).

You'll be able to create the base somewhere else. There aren't any downsides unless you forget to harvest before deleting the base in which case you might loose up to 200 qredits (depending on how Silver and team have it coded).

I cannot build more bases for some reason. I have aquired 5, and I've tried everything, what is the point of having more, if I can't build them? I have one built, but any zone I'm in, it won't let me build, just sends me back to my original area. Help!

So, say I go to another state, in real life, only then I'll be able to build another base????!!! I'm on a windows phone 7. If so, that kinda sucks hahaha

Is it possible for all available bases to be used up in an area? I keep trying different locations but it always says a base is already built (by other faction) and my create base button does not light up for me. Is there a way to tell where available bases are located other than cruising all over the city just to find out someone already built a base there?

It doesn't matter if there's another base from someone else there or not. Either you have a base in there already or you're not quite in the area. If you look at your bases list it'll show where your bases are.

If you check your current location, on the scope rather than the map it'll show which zone you're in, the qonqr map can be offset from real life positioning. :-)

Can bases be destroyed? And what does it mean when it says, "[Faction] surrounds your base?" Does that slow down my speed, does it boost them some way? I looked around but I didn't see these answered anywhere else. Thanks in advance.