The Official QONQR Community Forums
xKaTTaKx

The Integrity of the Swarm

Now that more of the story is out, the "joke" makes a little more sense, but as someone who even knows Ry6uy from the forums but doesn't really know the deal over in Michigan, I could only see what the picture said as what it meant, and the same would apply for new players - they'd just assume the pictures were serious and that behavior would be acceptable. The joke went a little too far.

Now that more of the story is out, the "joke" makes a little more sense, but as someone who even knows Ry6uy from the forums but doesn't really know the deal over in Michigan, I could only see what the picture said as what it meant, and the same would apply for new players - they'd just assume the pictures were serious and that behavior would be acceptable. The joke went a little too far.

I won't argue that the joke might have gone too far. This is true. I guess in our full Qonqr group we joke about it so much that we might have thought it was better known. Just to play devil's BF here maybe the avatars would have served to raise awareness to multiscoping. Keep in mind that a newb probably won't even know what multiscoping is unless they read about it on the forum... at which point they would probably see that it isn't acceptable. If they don't know what it meant they might ask a faction member thus rendering them educated and more informed. Remember that people who sign up for the game don't necessarily actually read the TOS or check the forums. To be honest I was going to get an extra account, but though "Hey I should check out if this is allowed". That's when I first heard the term multiscope.

I won't argue that the joke might have gone too far. This is true. I guess in our full Qonqr group we joke about it so much that we might have thought it was better known. Just to play devil's BF here maybe the avatars would have served to raise awareness to multiscoping. Keep in mind that a newb probably won't even know what multiscoping is unless they read about it on the forum... at which point they would probably see that it isn't acceptable. If they don't know what it meant they might ask a faction member thus rendering them educated and more informed. Remember that people who sign up for the game don't necessarily actually read the TOS or check the forums. To be honest I was going to get an extra account, but though "Hey I should check out if this is allowed". That's when I first heard the term multiscope.

True, but it also made people look like the bad guy of the situation when they had those profile pictures, and nobody wants to be that person. It's better to steer clear of anything that could lead to accusations of breaking the rules, especially when the Android version is released (because everyone knows how easy cheating is on an Android/Android emulator).

Unraveled, where in any of my post do you see me accusing anyone of multiscoping.

I've talked to people before but those have always been one on one and none of them have ever involved you.

The entire point of this thread was to see why this particular group thought It was funny to intentionally mislead rookie players into thinking multiscoping was okay. Not to accuse anyone of anything. The pics were merely evidence to the rest of the swarm to show how their brethren act and to shame them into removing the photos and it worked.

You admit in your post that multiscoping is an issue and you hate it, so why would it be okay for a group of players to make the situation worse by advertising that its okay, that does nothing to help the community and makes the devs job harder cause they have to waste time tracking down people that were fooled by the pics.

You're correct in that people shouldn't encourage multiscoping. I think you also knew that it was sarcasm and a joke aimed at you. I am pretty sure Ry6uy admitted it went to far and the images were changed.

I also think you need to admit that you (and some of your Lansing area faction) trolled his group to the point that for those people who knew what was going on the joke was funny. Even several of your own faction were talking about how the pics were funny (probably because they've seen the messages you sent Ry6uy).

Points?

1. Multiscoping sucks
  2. The pics went too far
  3. The pics were a direct response to your trolling and you either were really upset that a few swarm popped up and legit whined to Silver or purposefully trolled to try and get some of the Swarm newbs to quit.
  4. Build up your bases more cause you're now a target.

Except I haven't talked to ry in a more than a month so it's completely off base even as a joke, and to my knowledge no one in Lansing has communications with swarm. You must be confusing us with Detroit faceless. But your right a few feelings were hurt right off the bat when there was an influx of swarm and I've already talked to those people about it so to do something like this was out of line.

And yes protean that exactly what they were doing lol. Trolling isn't an excuse to do whatever you please, and never have I ever messaged anyone with the sole intent to do just that. I'll own up to everything I've said to the swarm around me but I don't just throw out baseless accusations left and right on everyone that pops up like you seem to assume I do. Nor do I care to, cause in the end only the strong survive, you seem to think that because they were just joking that's okay, but jokes can have very real repercussions.

Edited by xKaTTaKx

When faced with a superior force what do the swarm do? Recruit harder to try and gain more troops? Coordinate better to try and out skill their opponents? idk about the rest of the country but the Swarm in Michigan do none of these things. Instead they have started a campaign encouraging new users to mutliscope for them so they can stand a chance. Just goes to show how low the swarm scum really are ready to go in order to achieve their goals.

Is this a tactic out of the Swarm guidebook? Fool new people into thinking multiscoping is okay so they risk getting banned and not you? Not only is that the worst way to introduce new people to the game its even more disgusting that you don't have the guts to do your dirty work by yourself, instead your trick naive players into doing it for you.

The Faceless cannot be stopped, and no amount of begging people to cheat for you is going to change that, your end will come.

You say you don't throw out baseless accusations: I think the first few sentences of your original post do exactly that. Even if 3 swarm posted a joke that went to far there are dozens of swarm that play in MI except that you say all in MI do this. You also state that none of them recruit hard or coordinate. I know that to be horribly inaccurate as well.

You pass off bad com as "It must be coming from Detroit area Faceless". Maybe, but as I said before we have a group that includes myself from legion (and a couple others), ry6uy and many of his swarm and 5-6 Detroit area Faceless. Even though we hit each other for hundreds of thousands (or millions) of bots every week we still have fun with the banter in that room and when things get out of line we mention them. So don't pass off bad com and trolling on someone else (in your own faction) when there just hasn't been much if any of it.

Don't try to smear a whole faction because of a stupid joke and then say "jokes can hurt people". Maybe. So can getting all revved up about a minor issue. Life's too short to throw tantrums because of dumb avatar pics.

I'm not trying to troll here but I think this might kinda relates to the swarm integrity. As you all kno I was a major swarm player. I bled green (not literally but you get the idea) and would not switch factions no matter what. Well here recently I asked my fellow Swarm members for help and as I waited and waited and waited the faceless in my area took more and more of my zones no matter how hard I tried to fight back, so finally I had to ask my original enemy for help and they came to the rescue as soon as I asked. So might I ask would integrity apply here, if not than what would be called cuz either way it's wrong that they left in the dust.

I'm not trying to troll here but I think this might kinda relates to the swarm integrity. As you all kno I was a major swarm player. I bled green (not literally but you get the idea) and would not switch factions no matter what. Well here recently I asked my fellow Swarm members for help and as I waited and waited and waited the faceless in my area took more and more of my zones no matter how hard I tried to fight back, so finally I had to ask my original enemy for help and they came to the rescue as soon as I asked. So might I ask would integrity apply here, if not than what would be called cuz either way it's wrong that they left in the dust.

I'd describe that more as a lack of activity and/or laziness on the part of your old buddies. Integrity is more a consistency of action or values.

When faced with a superior force what do the swarm do? Recruit harder to try and gain more troops? Coordinate better to try and out skill their opponents? idk about the rest of the country but the Swarm in Michigan do none of these things. Instead they have started a campaign encouraging new users to mutliscope for them so they can stand a chance. Just goes to show how low the swarm scum really are ready to go in order to achieve their goals.

Is this a tactic out of the Swarm guidebook? Fool new people into thinking multiscoping is okay so they risk getting banned and not you? Not only is that the worst way to introduce new people to the game its even more disgusting that you don't have the guts to do your dirty work by yourself, instead your trick naive players into doing it for you.

The Faceless cannot be stopped, and no amount of begging people to cheat for you is going to change that, your end will come.

There's a schism in the ranks over at Swarm, no less than 3 major parties are vying for control. All these things you've described are right out of the Flower playbook.

I was up against a multiscope once you know what I did? I punched him in the **** and took all his zones. Guess how I did it? I didn't feel sorry for myself I instead rounded up all my friends and said look play this game with me so we can dominate and well we did soooo there's that. I could of felt sorry for myself but I didn't.

Can I feed the trolls too?

If you think someone is cheating then report them. Whining on the forums makes you look like a fool. If you are just being trolled with stupid avatars then definitely don't whine about it on the forums!

But most importantly, if you are trolling someone and they whine about it on the forums don't apologize. This is the internet and there are some things you just don't do... Like apologizing for an obviously wildly successful bit of trolling. I would like to think that the Swarm has the integrity to stand behind all future trolling attempts. Lets not repeat this apologizing nonsense again.

I like how people keep referring to the factions having traits and bla bla bla... Each faction is made up of a random assortment of people, with probably an equal amount of people with the same views on "cheating". The Legion has integrity, the swarm has integrity, the faceless has integrity.

No false.

If the factions where run in an actual recruitment style, where "leaders" got to choose who was in said faction, then you could say a faction has traits. But they don't. So saying one faction cheats more than another faction, or one faction has more integrity than another faction, is area specific and person specific problem. That person could have easily swiped left or right when they where selecting their faction and been faceless, swarm or legion. So no faction has any traits...

EDIT: Kittens I just re-read your post and realized this whole part could seem like its focused on calling you out. Its not, I didn't actually even read the part where you mentioned faction integrity or whatever till after I posted. I apologize for that.

Also everyone getting bent out of shape about multiscoping is stupid... Grow up, stop complaining and deal. I swear I see another forum post about somebody multiscoping I'm going to buy a plane ticket, fly to where-ever you are, and crush every single one of your bots. Getting tired of the nearly constant complaints about multiscopers. Like a few people said, the devs have better stuff to do (Like... I dunno... Developing a game?) than attempting to figure out if someone is cheating. I might even get my next recruit to name himself "slipstream's booster 1" just to start **** with people.

Also to the people sending vulgar / insulting messages. Show some class. I know its easy to insult people while you don't have to see their face, but that says something about you. I try (but don't always succeed) to take the rule of thumb of, if I was standing in-front of this person right now would I say this? Then I think, if my child heard me say this would I be ok with them having heard and possibly repeating that? (I don't have kids btw :P)

Having said that, if everybody that has commented so far was in a room with me I would say everything above. Plus I wouldn't mind my child hearing it. While said child would be quite confused, that would be rather ok.

Ok I'm done now... I fed the troll, went off on a tangent and discussed kids I don't have. I think I've covered my bases tonight!