The Official QONQR Community Forums
Seleas

Farewell to a Fine Opponent

Last night an epic battle raged through the night. The Swarm and Faceless of Florida laid siege to a Legion controlled zone. Though the Legion fought on against overwhelming odds, the fight was lost as dawn neared. After the fight ended, I received a wire from a Faceless I have spoken to only a few times, Ap0c3030, containing the following message: "That was a last good battle. Epic win or lose, epic. Thank you and to all your comrades"

Previously he had mentioned to me about becoming tired of the game. Yes, I did try to use the excitement of fighting a battle against some of the toughest Faceless and Swarm operatives I personally know of as an attempt to recruit him. He did remain true to Faceless though, to the end. Never did I worry about his messages being cruel or demeaning, and we were civil enemies who provided playful barbs at each other, only briefly.

After receiving this message from Ap0c3030 this morning I wished him a final farewell, and that should we ever meet in a future game, may we fight for the same side.

Ap0c3030, I wish you success, happiness, and challenging adventures in all your gaming future. Should you return to QONQR at a future date, I look forward to fighting with or against you (though I'm fairly sure against) and that the battles will be epic.

I salute you my opponent.

Staff Sergeant Seleas

Legion

I knew about Apoc retiring from the game prior to that nights events. I don't know how much he would want me to reveal, but I will say that his life is going in a direction that he wants, and he is happy. I'm of course saddened by the turn of events game wise, as Apoc was easily my best Faceless ally, and we kept in close communication, often straying from in game topics to whatever new tech was coming out, and other things of that sort. We had a lot of successful ops together. South Florida will definitely be a different region without him. But I wish him the best, and hope he finds great success in his life and career.

I'm about as classy as a drunken 'squid' is at a shady bar in Thailand. Hah na just kidding. You never know, I may jump back in again in the future if my guys need me that badly or....a fourth class is created. I've had some interesting merc class faction talk with Rocco on what we believe the real potential of that 4th faction can be.

South Florida has changed alot since I started playing almost a year ago..alot. I'm proud to have been part of reshaping it to what is today. Much respect to my allies in swarm and faceless and to our enemies as well. We have to consider ourselves lucky to be part of qonqr. We've witness its creation, silver is generally available not to many games or developers can boast the same.

Other game studios should be envious of qonqr LLC. It may not have the petty cash drawer of let's say EA but from all the way CEO, coders, testers, illustrators to the players we have managed to create something special here. I raise my virtual glass filled with a virtual alcoholic beverage to you all. May the lore continue to develop, may the qonqr team continue to succeed and may the players continue to have fun.