The Official QONQR Community Forums
Jadem

Qonqr qards

A quick design for Qards that players could leave around relevant places (game stores, library, etc) to help advertise the game as well as help to either join the faction or challenge them. Only did the Faceless though. May try to do the other two. Welcome to suggestions on the text, placement of items on it and what to change. Just a rough idea draft!

post-236-0-04548700-1347662198_thumb.png

Nice work Jadem. Can't wait to have one of these handed to me in person, or discovered on a park bench, or stacked on a hotel lobby counter.

I'm just waiting on the image for the swarm card, and working on a different version of each qard. Just trying to keep up what I'm up to on these. But hopefully will be done soon.

By the way, we are working on a recruiting website that will allow you to link directly to the website to sign up online, then send you to the Apple or Windows Marketplaces to download the app. We want to give you folks that are working hard to recruit people the reward of being named the recruiter and get your free cubes. (5 free cubes if the player you recruit gets to level 10)

I had hoped it would be done already, but we have some small UI things to do before we launch it. This will give you the opportunity to make a QR code with your cocdename on the URL so you are automatically populated as the recruiter whenever someone snaps your QR code and signs up.

Stay tuned. I shouldn't be long before it is done.

Ah cool. You can do some interesting things with PDF. Which is what the final format I'll have the qards in. 10 up centered on a sheet, which can be printed on the Avery BCD sheets & just tear apart.

Edit: Card with Swarm pic & changed back with information from Silver provided for QR code space. And possible alternate look to the front using the Faceless version (can redo the other 2 versions easily). Anyone with up to date Adobe Reader should will be able to import their QR code or change to their name in the PDF version. For right now, just the designs.

post-236-0-38010700-1348248414_thumb.png

We found that we need to add one more thing to the portal. We need a link to "Get the Whole Story" that gives players the background on what QONQR is. So we need to get that in before we can release the new web-based signup. Sorry, work in progress.

No need to be sorry about it, such things take time to get bugs worked out, designs polished, etc. And you guys are only human with a limited number of people working on it. And we appreciate all your guy's hard work!

Thoughts on anything that might need changed or modified for the qards, darkiran or Silver? Or anyone else for that matter? Feedback appreciated!

The Qard layout is fairly simple.

I could see blending out the dark corners on the faction leader icons so they mesh better against the background.

That's the only esthetic thing I can think of right now.

Next versions. In the pdf version, the underscored space can be filled with the person's name before printing. Or I can have the area without the "Hacker", "Operative" & "Protector" to let the person fill in the prefix they choose. The back is same from previous post. Suggestions welcome!

post-236-0-84094400-1349212291_thumb.png

post-236-0-86433500-1349212298_thumb.png

post-236-0-40434600-1349212304_thumb.png

Long night of a little bored with gaming, so did a few changes besides the larger icons. Trying to decide if I want to go with the hexagon behind the faction logo, or just have a white border(stroke) around the faction logo. Like I did here, but white

Qonqr_qards_31.png

Qonqr_qards_32.png

Qonqr_qards_33.png

Qonqr_qards_34.png

Trying to figure out which ones. The ones on the left wth the hexagoned border. Or the right with the white border (I can thicken the border abit). Just rying to see which might look better.

Qonqr_qards_3b1.pngQonqr_qards_3c1.png

Qonqr_qards_3b2.pngQonqr_qards_3c2.png

Qonqr_qards_3b3.pngQonqr_qards_3c3.png

I like the hexagons better at the moment. Have you tried making the symbols solid white? I'm curious how that would look.

Also the faceless's join us doesn't follow the same formula. Join us in our _______ to ________ QONQR.

I think maybe "mission" would work better than cause. Also, it should be a single word instead of "take over"; perhaps, exploit, conquer, or control would work better.