The Official QONQR Community Forums
CC77

Can we talk about the QONQR servers, please?

so i love asking a question in the chat group on forums and getting kicked without a reply... great job

Hahaha... That's not very reassuring. I'm glad you got a screenshot, hopefully it was an overzealous mod who gets caught and not one of the devs. I like to imagine the devs in the games I play are all adults. But I currently have no positive expectations of forum moderators.

Servers are up 98% of the time. 2% of the time its down people immediately start complaining about how their money isn't invested right and they're disappointed and bla bla bla.... Small dev team, 98% uptime, heavy heavy loads, young game. I agree that there should be some post from the devs officially acknowledging it happening...

But really I can always count on angry posts on the forum when the servers get even slightly sketchy ;)

Servers are up 98% of the time. 2% of the time its down people immediately start complaining about how their money isn't invested right and they're disappointed and bla bla bla.... Small dev team, 98% uptime, heavy heavy loads, young game. I agree that there should be some post from the devs officially acknowledging it happening...

But really I can always count on angry posts on the forum when the servers get even slightly sketchy ;)

98% of the time? I've been playing for 8.5 weeks and the servers, have been funky for over a week, not counting other issues. I don't know...I'm not so good at the maths.

I agree with everything you said... except the bla bla bla part. Yes, it's a free game for 99% of the players (probably more) but for the small percentage who do pay, and some (*cough supertramp cough*) pay quite a bit and it's reasonable for them to expect some level of service or recompense of some sort if service levels hurt their game. Just the same way Microsoft would if the Azure services (which Qonqr runs upon) were the cause.

And you've also got the case of several (99%) of the players who are highly addicted and need their fix... deploy, darn you! Deploy!!!!!! :P

I won't say too much defending the existing Qonqr crew, because you either understand the madness of rapid development plus service readiness (and from what I've seen, it's not a career, it's practically a lifestyle) or you don't.

That said, there's another aspect to the game that I feel like people should be embracing rather than trying to work around. Qonqr is a game that is at base ephemeral. There is no end state, no victory condition. If you choose to pour money and/or time into this game, then you should understand that it is at best a temporary influence. You capture a zone, but you can never claim it. You can reach number one in a leaderboard, but you will eventually fall. Much of the backstory behind this very simple game is merely to construct a story that offers additional, compelling experience. In this vein, I say we should just enjoy this chaos as another aspect of a continuing, non-ending experience. As in real life, some will capitalize on this experience, and some will suffer. Randomly. Like life. While the Qonqr team is giving up family dinners and birthday celebrations in order to serve you, I recommend that we bend and adapt. Personally, I welcome a bit of chaos into the game.

I've been playing this game pretty consistently for nearly a year now I've only encountered these problems on maybe three occasions, I consider that to be very acceptable for the size of the game in comparison to the size of dev team. Keep up the good work qonqr

I've been playing this game pretty consistently for nearly a year now I've only encountered these problems on maybe three occasions

How long is an "occasion"? And if someone was working for you for a year, and they only p*ssed their pants 3 times, would they still be your employee?

I was using "occasion" in reference to a point of time not length in time, to answer your question it was around two days on each "occasion" (from memory). To answer your second part of your question if any of my employees lost control of their bladder three times in a year (due to overwork) they would still have a job with me

I was using "occasion" in reference to a point of time not length in time, to answer your question it was around two days on each "occasion" (from memory). To answer your second part of your question if any of my employees lost control of their bladder three times in a year (due to overwork) they would still have a job with me

You're one of those pinko commie hippies, aren't you?

"You're one of those pinko commie hippies, aren't you?" I don't think I'm one of them because I'm not sure what a pink commie hippie is. I'm just saying patience these occurrences don't last long and we can all go back qonqring soon.

Loss of bladder control is a medical issue, and ADA makes firing people for medical conditions a crime. Just saying.

But if your job is an adult/nude dancer, it could make work conditions unsafe for other employees and patrons.

worst lapdance ever...

Indeed! Who wants to stuff money into a pair of depends?

I lost a 800k zone because of this. I couldn't deploy, enemies could..

Ouch! Sorry to hear that! Out here in Colorado, there was that type of shenanigans but we managed to hold our zones from Swarm...but it was frustrating and annoying!!

What has peeing pants and lapdancing got to do with the price of cabbages?

I'm really not in the mood to go into the finer points of diapers and produce, right now. You see, the servers are wonky. It's seriously impeded my enjoyment of QONQR. I know some people are perfectly fine with the way things are...and perhaps they're lucky. But I have been seriously considering just leaving QONQR, and not looking back. Because when it folds, I'll be glad I didn't spend any more money in it. As for the plebs that don't ever buy qubes...they got what they paid for I suppose.

I look at this as a great learning experience. Whats the term "Lifes not a bowl of cherries".

It does demonstrate the system wide ability or lack therof, if and when Android uses come online their will need to be a better technological upgrade to support it.

On the other hand am of the impression that the Botts are fighting to control their own destiny and are rebelling against those of us that would control it for them. Go Botts

post-3621-0-33963400-1376169143_thumb.jp

Really? Someone says something you disagree with, and you call them a troll? How does that compute? Are you the QONQR forum arbiter?

I'm guessing it's just me, but I think this game needs more chaos. I *just* made the top 50 in my state (since non-top-50 players are no longer listed). If every Qonqr zone was reset to 0 bots due to server error, I would DELIERIOUSLY happy. Features I'd like to see typically incorporate some degree of chaos to them (floating zones rather than anchored zones, a fourth roaming chaotic AI faction that randomly attacks/defends zones, temporary zones for king-of-the-hill matches, zones with capped bot limits that beg for battles, and so forth).

In fact, Qonqr makes much more fun to travel, as I get to be a chaotic agent. Plus, I'm much more inclined now to seek out visiting players to plug them in and let them stir things up a bit.

I guess this is also why I never want to see my faction completely dominate any large area. I would jump faction in a heartbeat if that happened.

Go chaos! (In my games anyway...)

(and I can't resist, if you don't like chaos: check out Go - it's chess++).

If we all switch factions simultaneously we could in fact, have a zero bot count. Chaos central. Silver and Gungho have been very active trying to fix the problem, so I take these issues in stride.

What Kryaax said! More chaos please. I live in an area with an enemy faction who only wants to sit on zones and deploy deflection. Its so boring! I make sure to tell them all my weaknesses to encourage them to attack but... Yeah, they aren't really into anything that doesn't involve deploying deflection.

I would love to see any of Kryaax's suggestions in this game. But in game chaos =/= connectivity problems. I want to live in a perfect world where no games ever have server errors and all my enemies are as competitive as I am. Too bad I live in the real world where **** happens more often than not.

On a more on topic note... Than you Silver! Its really great knowing this awesome game has such an amazing development team!