The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
enigmatic

Zone Assult or Deflection on defense?

I understand that deflection and seekers are required for defense, but should you have a large number of zone assault as well to actually reduce the number of bots that get through of theirs when they attack? Or should it all be piled into deflection/seekers when you have taken a territory?

Yes, using ZA's for defense is a valid tactic. Although the amounts vary. Your analysis is correct, but dont spend much time just piling them on. Aim for 50k in a heavy zone. Deflections are still the best defense.

Assault has a part to play in your defences. It depends on the way your opponents attack. Slipstream's right though deflection gives the best overall defence.

Deflection is always going to be both your bread and your butter for defense. But zone assault is important as well. ZA will stop your opponent from building a beachhead before you notice them. I keep at least 50k in all my zones, but I prefer to have at least 100k. Of course most of my zones have over 1 million bots so my proportions might be off for other areas.

Don't ever neglect deflection for anything when it comes to defense. Other bots are important, but when you are trying to establish your control over a zone deflection is the most important.

Having a layer of Zone Assault Bots makes it hard for the opponent to deploy support and defensive bots. ZA is best cleared with Seekers which are easily destroyed with Plasma Beams and Missiles. So your essentially making sure that a zone where you have Boosters and Strengtheners you maintain the upper hand.

I'd compare it to forcing your opponent into fighting an uphill battle.

If you don't have support bots then it's an effort to keep things on a level playing field.

We don't fight fair, we fight to win. Defenders with time to build have a strong advantage.