The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giggler

So what happens when a faction takes over?

This isn't an 'end game' kind of question, but more of I'm curious how you think question. I'm one of the few active swam members in my area, surrounded by faceless and a few legion. Since I have started playing 2 swarm have given up and switched to faceless. I'm not saying this is wrong, but it is a bummer. I've also got several wires telling me I should switch and quit wasting my time. I just don't get why. Okay, yes everyone wants to win, but if there is no one to battle with then honestly what would be the point of playing the game? The faceless in my area seem organized, to communicate and work as a team and I applaud them for it, but I would think they would want the same for their opponents so that Qonqr remains a fun challenge not something that soon becomes a what's the point of checking type game. So do most of you like the challenge this game has to offer or is it really all about the easy I'm epic and rule it all mentality?

In CT most of our state is red. about 90% I helped get it that way, along with a team of some of the best operatives, in my opinion. It was allot of fun and a huge challenge. As a faction we offer allot of support to neighboring states, and a community for new local players. While at the same time being a target for other organized factions, and protecting our zones from a relentless onslaught of local threats. Holding a region is no small task and requires more teamwork at times then just capturing zones.

Again, I'm not against teamwork and I appreciate the fact people use it in this game even if its another faction. I'm just saying what is the point of playing if it all comes down to just one faction in an area. I'd like to think the local faceless appreciate at least some people not switching or what would be the point of playing.

The goal is to qonqr. They understand this and work towards that goal. Giving themselves obstacles is...insanity..for lack of a better word. Always having an even fight is pointless. Progress is the key objective, not a stalemate.

The swarm players that switched understand this as well, and they perhaps aren't as patient as yourself. So are you willing to continue fighting until you outlast them all? Or will you decide you want to stop once you are the dominating force...because then you won't have competition am I right?

So I think what you are really asking is, what's the point in playing a game where nobody will really ever actually win. My answer to that is..there is none.

Enjoy qonqr my fellow hamster hahaha.

HAMSTER-WHEEL.jpg

I don't think they understood at all. This game is about war, without targets there isn't much to do except keep deploying defensive bots. After a while some will get bored and become inactive. What they also failed to understand is that they were in the best possible position, they had nothing to lose, they had the upper hand.

So you hold off on attacking so that you have more targets later on? That's like running a mile to lose some weight and then coming home to eat a large slice of chocolate cake. There is nothing to gain from that way of thinking. You accomplish the game's goal, qonqr, and then you move on from the game.

There isn't any point in stalling the inevitable, which is: you will find a reason to stop playing the game eventually.

I think they understood more than you do..I am one of the Faceless Generals in the Phx area that has helped create this sea of violet you see now that Giggler speaks of... you are not seeing the big picture, you continue to look at one city in Az when this game is global...look at Tucson or Marana, Prescott, or how about Dallas or Seattle? In a game called Qonqr, you narrowly focus on what's in front of you, while we look to the future..you ask for competition in a war? How is that understanding? You want a challenge? Try protecting 400 zones on a daily basis instead of 2 (for now)...we strive for complete dominance knowing it is impossible, but it IS the objective..if I were in a war, first of all I wouldn't ask my enemy to fight the good fight and hope he doesn't fold, if they join us or quit, that is a good day and we then go to the next country...if you worked for Nintendo would you hope that Sony stays around and gives you a challenge? Or if you worked for Atari and Nintendo says 'hey join us, we will dominate this market and you knew this to be true, would you sink with the ship? Then that is your choice..

Nah, the big picture is, there is no end to this game... And all I see is a wall of empty words from a few faceless trying to compare this game to real life decisions and situations.

As for the running a mile and then eating chocolate cake analogy, what's wrong with that? You run a mile, you want a reward, lovely choclate cake.

The fun is in the fighting its as simple as that. So kill bots. I can't see the problem.

@ Giggler, why did they switch from swarm to faceless? Why didn't you all coordinate?

You're such a warmonger, I like it :ph34r:

Giggler likes chaos, he's the coordinator of chaos :blink:

It is entirely possible to dominate another faction yourself surrounded by numerous enemies. Your former swarm allies lacked the mental fortitude to fight. I fight against 6 faceless and 2 legion on a daily basis myself, I've cut through the sea of faceless and dominate 90 zones despite all the opposition. Its funny because I was sent recruitment messages from every single opponent. That told me I'm dangerous and they'd rather not deal with me.

honestly if the was no one nearby to fight, I probably would quit because there's nothing to do. OOOH, OH MY GOD, I successfully launched another 1250 reflectors I'm so cool. No, I like to kill bots. That's pretty cool. Anyone can talk a big game about how the point is to win etc, etc, but what do you honestly do when the opposition is gone? Or what if you've never fought for control over a zone? What do you feel proud of? What have you achieved? You've managed to deploy more deflectors than your teammate?

but then you think... Hey, this is a game. In the end I can quit at anytime, and not give a ****! Haha!

as a side note, you could honestly become all powerful by buying thousands of cubes and getting all your upgrades and bot refreshers and just launch so much that's everyone gets swallowed by it. There's that option.

in the end I'm just trying to say its definitely possible to triumph single-handedly. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, cuz maybe you dont like challenges, maybe your challenge is to make the game as easy as possible through any means, including having no opponents. That could be fun for you. I just wanted to explain the point of view some of us have that we don't have the same fun playing the way you do. None of this was meant to attack anyone, everything was used as examples, and the pronoun is used as a placeholder.

and those are my words of wisdom! :)

Edited by Strateg1st

Look, this game introducing historical process: different participants consume each other until some faction/participant dominate over all. Then, after some time dominants begin to "play" on higher, regional level or, if there are no possibilities - broke themselves in pieces again. If you are absolutely alone in your range - don't worry, after your quit, even through months someone new will crash your empire.

This game is developing, so don't wait loads of fun in early period of it. It,s like middle ages, with active European conflicts and quiet American indians.

Hope year later it's would be much more exciting.

We send recruitment messages to everybody, and if you managed to grab any zones its because we are dealing with other people, since there isn't exactly a scarcity of players, and the legion 90% of the time attack us...you're somewhere in SoCal but I haven't spotted a zone of yours yet, probably inside of that hive in east LA somewhere lol, I'm too lazy to look up where Lemoore is. And strateg1st, you work to delete the opposition, and then you're done. Of course others like butterball may disagree with me on this, but I'm going to assume he's not going to be in the position that the AZ swarm are in for quite a while, so it's easy to claim such things.

And I wasn't comparing the game to real life, I don't look for a reason to end my life lol...I don't see how you could've made that connection..

And yes chocolate cake is a great reward, I agree.

@leigh Honestly, no idea. There are a few swarm trying to work together and there are a couple other in the area that have ignored communication attempts which is fine.

@Gatsbee Again I have nothing but admiration...and admittedly some frustration lol...for the faceless in Phoenix. I don't know how active the Legion are, but I know it has been a challenge to get a zone, try and keep it while stealing another. I enjoy it. I also do see your big picture, but your range is 400 miles....so if you get everyone within that range to join faceless or give up what then? Granted this was really a hypothetical question and wasn't meant to spark any faction jabbing. Also, using you're Nintendo/Sony analogy I have to think that having the competitor there is good. It drives innovation and the will to succeed which in the end is better for all.

I've found an Analogy that really works!!!!

QONQR is like six, everyone likes doing it except Monks and Nuns, so not everyone but nearly everyone. They like to do it in their own way. Some like to go steaming in, with minimal physical contact, finish in 5 minutes and run out the door never to return. Some like the enjoyment to last as long as possible, enticing new partners to come and play.

Wait this is not like QONQR either, this is description of a one night stand and a wife/husband swapping party.

Giggler is right though on the big picture and the healthy competition thing...

@Butterball...Let's be honest, we go running to get into or maintain health, eating cake = not conducive, to call it a reward is rationalizing at best, I call it an excuse...taking 20-30 minutes out of your life to do something for your well being and then 'rewarding' with something that makes what you did a complete wash, doesn't really sound rewarding...you can rationalize it to make it sound like it's right, and in your eyes and whoever you convince to believe in that, this may be right. But it's not, I can tell you that taking meth is the most effective diet and motivator in the world, but seriously, who are we kidding here...eating cake after you run is not a reward, ironically your handle is Butterball so let's just agree to disagree @Giggler...I use analogies because it helps me explain things on a game to what I believe is comparable to our daily lives...I don't tell you to that if you want to lose 20 lbs and go workout and reward yourself with a fat pill, I tell you that we are an outfit that have taken over the metro area through strategy and organization, and I watch you spend hard earned money and fight relentlessly to survive, so I want you to be a part of the machine that will help you become successful...It wasn't like this when I started playing this game, it was legion nation and over a couple months it became what it is through our drive and communication...to answer your question, what then? there is no then, I know as well as you that this will not happen, there is always an FNG activating his 'scope'...I can only offer you the opportunity to be apart of an empire, it is your choice, but I see it as a no brainer...in any facet of life you want to be part of the best, partner at a firm or a coach of a renowned football program...innovation and drive come from within, you can't teach that...competition does push you, but you shouldn't need it to innovate, its there more to prevent complacency, but like I said before there are no limits to this game in the big scheme of things...we are a group that has no face...opportunity is here, don't miss it

True statement. I admit your offer to join you guys was tempting when you made it, but just like in life...being handed something for free doesn't neccesarily make you value it. I like playing against you guys because you are communicative and driven. I feel I've learned how to play the game better and am working towards a community of swam members that are also good with teamwork. To me that is what the game is about...not who is winning, but how you play and enjoy it...just like anything else.

Stuff

Heh you've taken what I said literally, forget the running chocolate cake reward, desh started that one. Forget all analogies involving exercise, eating cake, working for one company and supporting the competition and anything to do with real life war.

What we're saying is that if you persist in totally destroying or recruiting everyone within range of you, what will you do then, sit and wait for the next new player, never having a good fight because no one is close enough to fight. To me that is not seeing the big picture because you'll be bored in a few months.

To me the big picture is a never ending game where I'm fighting on a daily basis and to do that I can't just stomp every new player or recruit them to the Swarm so that my entire playing field is green. This is a global game, but only if you own an aeroplane (airplane)...

Oh and my name has nothing to do with my physical appearance, it's the name of the character in my profile picture from a film called Hellraiser.

One last tip, paragraphs are your friend, any self-proclaimed General should know this :P

Honestly giggler, I think you started playing at the worst time. The phoenix area swarm were decently organized and pretty strong. However, right before you came there were a few strategic attacks posed by us faceless that kinda stamped out the swarms most potent strongholds. I'm sure the swarm at that time realized they were outnumbered, and outorganized and decided to join the side that was communicative and successful. I don't blame them for that. I know what you mean about wanting to keep the fight going, but you forget that there's a whole other faction that has a large presence here. Legion will take ages to get rid of from phoenix alone, and then after that there's more swarm and legion in other cities. Just because we may possibly maybe might perchance win our immediate city, all of AZ will likely never happen. So you fighting alone isn't the only thing keeping up the fight. There's plenty of fight left to be had. I commend your spirit and dedication, but we all know its next to futile.

that being said, you should totally switch to faceless. Active, smart, and dedicated players are exactly what we want :)

@Butterball...literal like my saying this were a global game, you saying, but only if you own an aeroplane literal or literal like me saying it is ironic that you would think that chocolate cake is a reward for jogging with the handle Butterball, and you saying, oh and my name has nothing to do with my physical appearance literal... when I fully understand that you are probably not a bloated worm person with sunglasses and my picture of the Immortal leader is not truly me..or is it? Honestly, it doesn't change that it is still ironic, you just may not be a fat kid that has a sun deficiency named a brand of turkey...paragraphs?? don't want to take that too literally but is this a Eng 101 forum? Should we check spelling too b/c my use or overuse for punctuation is a lost cause...paragraphs?? I don't see a connection with General and properly using paragraphs....Back to the point, Giggler, you're a worthy opponent and however you play is your choice and just wanted to let you know that...yes, we do hold much control over the metro area and there are rhetorical questions like: 'if you persist in totally destroying or recruiting everyone within range of you, what will you do then, sit and wait for the next new player, never having a good fight because no one is close enough to fight?' I know I don't have to really answer this, because again, it's rhetorical b/c we know that it is virtually impossible to destroy or recruit everyone in range of you, but I will not bs you, we will try...just like the quote on your handle.."one dot then the world", so why the rhetoric? It's all about foresight, don't be the guy that said, Apple came to me for input on the ipod, but I said, I'm just gonna see where this sega dreamcast thing is gonna take me... See you at the crossroads...