The Official QONQR Community Forums
Silver

The Pain of Growth

I have posted a new (and very long) blog post about all the problems we experienced two weeks ago. In our continuing efforts to be very transparent with our players, we layout all the issues we encountered and all the things we have done and are doing to try to keep ahead of our rapidly growing community. The past two weeks have been very long and exhausting. There are still many more things that are needed, but we are moving as fast as we can towards long term high-performance solutions. One user told me last week, "Looks like you found the problem". It really isn't about solving a problem, but pulling us back from the edge of the cliff when we have more users that our system can handle. Every new player pushes us closer to that cliff where the servers crash again. We are working hard to pull back from the cliff with new features faster than our new users push us forward.

Thank you for your patience and support. There was a period of 4 or 5 days when I was averaging 3 hours of sleep a night and your encouragement really helped me (and the others) get through those rough times.

http://blog.qonqr.com/post/59138212234/the-pain-of-growth

You are doing an excellent job and the transparency really helps to quell the nerd rage in me. All of the problems, and all of the angry and supportive users are proof that you guys have created something unique and truly awesome, thank you for QONQR.