The Official QONQR Community Forums
Silver

Player Tribunal?

The tribunal has other players review all the recent games that the player has received reports in, and the reviewing player decides if what they have done is worthy of punishment. Things that are given to the player to look at are the chat during the game, item build, and score. It also shows the number of times the person has been reported in these games. There may have been a few minor changes since the last time I've used it, which was quite a while ago.

If you are looking to make something similar, you'll want to include information like ip, launch times, and any pics that others have posted in their report, at least this is my opinion.

IP would definitely be a problem. Maybe there is a way around it. Hope this helps.

Tribunal identifies players who have been consistently reported by the community over a large number of games and builds a Tribunal case for them. These cases are presented to random community members who use the Tribunal who then review the case files and render a judgment—pardon or punish. Player Support then uses this information to help assign the right punishment for the right players.

Essentially you leave punishing players up to the community, whether it be temporary or permanent bans, or adding features like not allowing that player to harvest or buy creds. Support would still implement the judgment but we the players decide on what that is. To do this a report player option would need to included in game so you can report people (multiscoping, foul language, pictures, ect). An excessive amount of a report on a player would mean they get pushed to tribunal where randomly selected community members would review the facts and decide judgment should there be sufficient evidence of foul play.

I don't think its a good idea unless there is a very large group polled for each case, there will be a lot of players who just click randomly to make the message go away, and not actually review the case.

I do think having a report user image, name, message etc is a great idea. but have it reviewed by staff, or people picked by staff. staff is better though. players abuse power in those situations.

I've never cared for players judging other players. I don't really like it in LoL, but I don't really care about LoL and I never do anything that would get me in trouble. I've always thought it was better to have people who are held accountable in some way making decisions about who gets to play a game or not.

I does seem that the accused would have to stay anonymous unless it's in the case of a mutli-scoper.

Maybe you can filter it so that the people who sign up for the tribunal can only get cases for players that are a set distance away to reduce incentive for being biased.

The reason why the league of legends tribunal works is because the player base is so extremely large, and the chance that a player will come across another that they remember is miniscule, if not filtered out.

I do think a tribunal is a good idea, but I think that there should be some filters to reduce bias in the reviewers' decisions.

I don't want to steer the conversation, because I want honest feedback. But I'll offer this info. If we did this, it would be used primarily for first level checks on multi-scoping. All data would be cleansed of faction and player identification. No player to player messages would be seen. ZoneId would have some random multiplier applied. Lat/Lon would be normalized to be centered around the equator and randomly rotated (as a set) 0, 90,180, or 270 degrees to reduce the pattern matching potential to connect to the real world.

Most of the time, when people report multi-scopers, the activity can be viewed by a human and found to be likely or unlikely to be a multi-scoper in 5-10 minutes of review. "Obvious", "Guaranteed", "Proof", and "100%" often accompany reports of legitimate well organized (and even not so well organized) players who are not multi-scoping.

We could spend months building tools to try and do what the human brain can do very easily, discover patterns. Or maybe we should put that same effort into cleansing and exposing data to a select group of volunteers who are interested in helping keep the game fair. I've also gone so far as to think that we could test people by asking them to compare two players for multi-scoping, and one of the players being themselves, and someone else on the same IP address (assuming they play with a family member or colleague). It would be a cool social experiment to see how open minded people are, and how many would recommend they themselves should be banned.

I like the test idea (especially the study part of it). However the human brain is great at finding patterns, but its also great at seeing patterns that aren't real.

If it has to be a tribunal, a set group would be ideal. if they try to abuse the power in some way they can be removed.

I still think a program combined with a reporting system for the first phase is the best solution. just a simple monitoring system.I assume the game tracks the mac addresses of a device or similar. So the script can simply record the Ip addresses the device is deploying from, the location, and targets, and provide the common percentages. If the percentage is high enough 85% or more auto ban, and send out emails to the users letting them know they were auto banned. If its 50%-85% flag it for review, less than 50% its discarded. or something like that.

I think this is a fantastic idea.

Swarm in the Denver area are the kings of multi-scoping. It'd be interesting if other factions are doing it as well.