The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
desh0wiz

Warning message for threads

Hello, I am posting about the repeat subjects in the forums.

I think, to avoid threads on the same exact subject, that a warning message should appear when you hit post.

This warning message should let the poster know that the thread they are making has similar tags to threads that have been posted in the past, or a similar title maybe, if that can be done.

I think this will work well if it says "Warning" in big letters, with a prompt that asks the poster if they still want to make the new thread.Since this isn't a request for the game itself, I put it in general discussion.

Yup, that's not going to happen. I'd rather the developers focus on the game, and not adding hand-holding features to the forums for people too stupid to use the search features.

The majority of people don't use the search feature, and something like this would not be difficult to implement.

If it's not difficult...when are you going to implement this?

Can I just say, non-issue? It's not like the forums are buzzing with activity with a new post every ten seconds. Personally, even if it is a duplicated topic, I stop to read just because it's something -new-. Plus, there is something to be said for getting a live answer to a question you have been having. Even if it is a duplicate from an earlier topic, getting an answer from an active player doesn't hurt the game any...

Can I just say, non-issue? It's not like the forums are buzzing with activity with a new post every ten seconds. Personally, even if it is a duplicated topic, I stop to read just because it's something -new-. Plus, there is something to be said for getting a live answer to a question you have been having. Even if it is a duplicate from an earlier topic, getting an answer from an active player doesn't hurt the game any...

Agreed.

Ignore my last statement I guess haha.

I should've put that it was just an idea that I thought of that I was posting about so I wouldn't forget it later.

I am not sure what kind of phone you have, but most phones capable of playing QONQR (you play that game, right?), also have the capability of storing notes that you can return to later. Posting in the forums is an unreliable way to store an idea for later, as it will eventually get buried, and forgotten about.

You should try the app Microsoft Onenote, or Evernote for storing your wonderful, amazing and useful ideas for later.

Wow this topic got snarky fast.

I think having something like that could be useful for helping keep the forums more organized, but maybe turn it into something like yahoo questions has. Where it pops up related articles based on what you're actively typing in the title / tags. That way instead of getting to the end of your post, you don't have to find out it was all for nothing.

Also the forum moderators have been increasing their activity as of late in combining related topics, so its getting neater as we speak :)

But the use of the search bar would be nice ;)