The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UnHuman

Seriously, in all seriousness.

Buzzzzzz....that's the sound of the melodrama unfolding. Scopes vibrate with excitement as suddenly another organized strike is developing on some poor unsuspecting target. Anger swells, arguments ensue, names are called, friends are no longer 'friends'. On its face, the game is very simple. X's and O's, triangles and diamonds. Underneath though is a complex system complete with strategy, politics, backstabbing, cheating, and unusual alliances. While trolling the forums though it seems as if many of us have forgotten why we play this game.

People will win and people will lose. That's the way it is with any competitive sport/hobby. Some will chase fame and glory and all the accolades that come with it. Some will simply capture a handful of zones to occupy their time between commercials. Some will fall out before ever even getting their recruiter the coveted free cubes. All in all though we all play for the same reasons.

In my short time I've watched teams rise, and then fall. I'm sure at some point new teams will rise, or old ones will rise again. I've created friendships with my allies...and even with some enemies. I've traded trash talk back and forth to the point that my opponent and I could no longer take each other seriously and couldn't help but laugh. I've wasted countless hours that could have been put to far more productive uses scouting maps, sending messages, and pressing 'deploy'. I ate Taco Bell with a Swarmie and shook his hand

Why? What draws me into this game and its underlying society? Simply put, because it's fun. That's the reason I play. To find enjoyment outside of a world that is full of real war, backstabbing, and politics. Like a family photo album, my phone is full of screen shots showing good kills, degrading messages, zone counts before...and after, and other Qonqr memories.

As you lose bots and gain zones, as you rise and fall and fight back from nothing, remember to keep it fun. Don't take it too seriously. Sit back, let your scope cool, and just keep firing (and lay a little trash talk once you've buried that zone you've been working on for 3 weeks). :D

qonqr is a money making business. stratedgy and teamwork work well in a balanced environment because everyones time is valuable to them from each players own perspective, but mean little in a pay to win environment.

so yea, people get livid when they lose both time and money, hence the hostilities. BUT, the more you sink into this game, the more fun you have when your efforts bear fruit.

you can have played this game over a year, have 50+ million bots stacked in fully fortified towers, and lose everything in one weekend because a few people each spent a few hundred and decided your time was up. missles and refreshers are fun, but are only limited by your finances.

i'm down for supporting the devs, and i get that revenue is important, but like in any game people want to be unique, and will spend to do so.

heck you could add elite bots to tease players. spend 1 cube to unlock a defensive mystery launch on your zone. 1 in 50 chance of it launching an extremely strong bot, 5/50 chance of another, and the default "lose" mystery bot launch could be an absorber or double deflection.

my point is, their are hostilities in every war game, but it is only fun to win. who values losing as a good use of time?

I've seen several posts about the 'being out spent' advantage, so I would imagine it's something the devs are working on. IMHO, refreshers should either be done away with, or made a qredit ordinance like everything else. That alone would help level the playing field.

I have more issues with the family of multiscopers who have openly said they find the best enjoyment from causing others to spend. While having 2 or 3 accounts per person is already bad enough, they name their players after Twilight characters. Nothing is worse than getting beat down by cheaters with no taste. But again, eventually everyone falls...

Maybe being able to reverse redeem qubes? Say, keep the fluctuating value for qube to credit transfer... But allow a credit to qube exchange for a flat 10k?

Also, please tell me these Cullenites are swarm... And if so, where they are located ;)