The Official QONQR Community Forums
Robiko

Lost bots

Not sure what's going on here, I see on the scale I have enough bots for a deployment, I click 'Deploy Now', the satellite uplink begins and then a message appears 'Not enough bots' and around 200 bots disappear off the scale...

Any ideas?

Robiko

I think your phone is out of sync from the server and only updates when you try to launch. So your phone is clocking up the bot count quicker than the server, like a radio controlled clock :blink:

Thanks for the explanation Butterball, it's not a major problem at the moment as I'm totally unopposed at the moment, but I imagine in a running fight it could make the difference between losing and holding a zone...

It won't make too much difference you'll soon get an idea of your launches, as you upgrade, and what you actually see as your overheat level. You'd be shocked how far out they can be.:-S

This is a known issue especially visible with Windows Phone.

It happens when you launch bots in a rapid fashion and your launches reach different game servers which then procress these out of order. So for instant you might end up with a right bot count, but the UI is set to a wrong over heat level. So when your bots reach a certain level and you try to launch, the bot count is actually lower as you should have had a much small bot increase level.

Here is a blog that also is about the same thing (among other things): http://blog.qonqr.com/post/63178953032/new-code

In general:

You don't lose any bots in this. When you get a "Not enough bots" error message it means that you didn't have as many bots as the UI showed you to begin with. After the error message you will be synched again with the servers so you can see your actual bot count.

Sometimes this happens also other way round. In a way that when you launch you end up having more bots than what you though you'd have. This is also because of out of sync UI.

You can download a virtual PC and run win 8 on any machine. I run win 7 on my laptop, then downloaded the virtual machine and problem solved. Tired of people complaining about it being unfair... Waaaaa :P

What's unfair is the speed at which the IPhone can deploy, check zones, use refreshes, and purchases ordinance compared the the Win phone. Which has the advantage of being more stable, quicker in the changing of pages, pinning zones and animations for easier recruitment.

A noob should start on the windows phone, then play it on the IPhone so they can get the speed they need to get that extra edge.

I think we should start pushing for equal opportunity playing! Nurf the IOS and update the WIN app!!!

EDIT: I totally posted this in the wrong topic / thread / part of forum. Unsure what i'm doing anymore.... Awkward....

No one else has ever been sure of what you were doing Slip :P

I think someone made a comment about the command center and I wrote my thing in response to them, but then they edited their comment so now I look crazy. Like normal haha

This is a known issue especially visible with Windows Phone.

It happens when you launch bots in a rapid fashion and your launches reach different game servers which then procress these out of order. So for instant you might end up with a right bot count, but the UI is set to a wrong over heat level. So when your bots reach a certain level and you try to launch, the bot count is actually lower as you should have had a much small bot increase level.

But it can get really annoying when launching Ordinance/Ammo, which will then be lost.

e.g.

- buy DPF Core

- Launch Plasma Beam

- message 'not enough energy'

- DPF Core gone from Inventory.......

But it can get really annoying when launching Ordinance/Ammo, which will then be lost.

e.g.

- buy DPF Core

- Launch Plasma Beam

- message 'not enough energy'

- DPF Core gone from Inventory.......

You can always get the ordinance back when sending a message to the Support. If you truely have lost a DPF Core and there is a record of it, I cannot see why they wouldn't return it. But I think it's annoying and in a way also an unnecessary step. I am sure that Support knows this issue so hopefully it'll get an update soon.

Missing a DPF Core from the inventory is probably not that bad as even I who have been playing for 2 months without ever buying cubes have 100+ DPF Cores in the inventory just in case..

But this probably also applies to more valuable onrdinance and even I think it's a matter of princible to not use your ordinance when you were not able to launch it.

There was a bug in an earlier server version of the server code. If your scope was out of sync with bots and energy, and you attempted to launch a formation requiring an item with too few bots (on the server), you would have the item deducted in your response with the failure message. This deduction was not persisted to the database, so you didn't really lose the item, but your scope thought you had. On the next successful launch (or application activation) the inventory should be updated to the correct balance.

This should now be fixed.