The Official QONQR Community Forums
miyoko

Faction colors and their representations

So each faction has a color, we all know that. But what do they mean? Here is my opinion:

The Legion see QONQR as a threat and wish to see it destroyed. Red, the color of the Legion, is mostly associated with anger, rage, and fire. The Legion wish to see QONQR burn and the red of The Legion symbolizes that.

The Swarm see QONQR as an opportunity to advance humanity. We think that QONQR can bring us much growth as a species. Green is synonymous with nature and of life, of things that grow. As the zones turn green humanity grows.

The Faceless see QONQR as a chance for power and wealth. They wish to rule, and the color of royalty shows that. Purple, the color of kings and queens, shows power. It shows to their enemies: "Warning, The Faceless rule here." and with QONQR under their control they will rule.

Just to reiterate..

Red: The color of strength, health, and vitality, Red is often the color chosen by someone outgoing, aggressive, vigorous and impulsive—or someone who would like to be! It goes with an ambitious nature but those who choose it can be abrupt at times, determined to get all they can out of life, quick to judge people and take sides. Red people are usually optimistic and can’t stand monotony; they are rather restless and not at all introspective, so they may be unaware of their own shortcomings. They find it hard to be objective and may blame others for any mishaps.

Green: The color of harmony and balance, Green symbolizes hope, renewal and peace, and is usually liked by the gentle and sincere. Greens are generally frank, community-minded people, fairly sociable but preferring peace at any price. Green people can be too self-effacing, modest and patient, so they may get exploited by others. They are usually refined, civilized and reputable.

Purple: Purples are highly individual, fastidious, witty and sensitive, with a strong desire to be unique and different. Temperamental, expansive and artistic, a Purple person may become aloof and sarcastic when misunderstood. If you chose Purple, you tend to be unconventional, tolerant and dignified, likely to achieve positions of authority

It had only occurred to me yesterday that the colors may have something to do with their assigned factions and motives so that's when I found this. Purple is my favorite color so, of course, I'm faceless. :)

Now this I've disagreed with for a while. It is always put in light that the Legion wants to crush QONQR (and usually intoned in the same tone of one describing taking candy from a baby.. Then kicking her afterwards).

I have always seen it that the focus remains on protecting humanity from a potentially dangerous threat. Neutralizing the AI is just a regrettable, but necessary factor in that.

That said, I would put forth that our red represents warning, danger, caution, and a willingness to shed blood to protect our fellow man.

At least, that's how I see it.

(also, the green of swarm represents slime..moss..snot..slugs.. Its in the legion handbook, so it has to be true... ;) )

Not so much a threat, but a potential threat. If some random dude showed up at your doorstep and stood there doing nothing, you wouldn't welcome him in right away or at least I hope you wouldn't. You don't know what he's up to or what he wants...

Vikings often bore Red on their shields and ships, and history tells of how all consuming and unyielding said Viking raiders were. What you don't often hear are the Nine Nobel Virtues, a system of conduct that describe how a goodly man should conduct himself. Even to a stranger whom shows up uninvited. Samurai took Red armor to show how powerful and apt they were in combat, nearly all warrior cultures have kept Red on their persons. This is how I believe the Legion sees itself, at best. They strive to make it known that in the face of even unknown opposition humanity is strong, willing to take what we need to prove our worth as our own independent entity in a universe we are obviously not alone in, outclassed or not. That we are eager to show our might, unflinching in the face of a potential enemy. That we are not only ready to bare the hardship of war, but are happy to take the plunge. So like the warriors of old they don Red. Red for the blood of the enemy, Red for our great many sacrificed, Red for the power of humanity.

I also have to disagree with the hippy-dippy Green ideal. The Scottish Celts wore Green for nearly every ceremony and rite, even for the ritual sacrifice of their own people. Green is also the color of Greed, Jealousy, and money (or those who exist to "make a profit"). The Swarm is as power hungry as any Diplomat or Miser. And even if this is a cold war scenario, its still a war. As a symbol of money, Green can also be seen as industry or even diplomacy. I think Green is taken as the Swarm's color because they are expressing how much they are at an advantage, or rather how much they are willing to spend, sacrifice, or manipulate to garner said advantage. Making them an obvious ally for Qonqr to side with.

Purple is often associated with the critical thinkers and analytical or logic based processes, in history many nations chose Purple as the color for royalty because Purple was the hardest, and therefore most expensive, dye color to attain. Purple is often associated with scholars and scholarly pursuits, and likewise often Purple has been made a spiritual color relating directly to the mind and astral plane. Purple is the color of information. Faceless strives to be on top, perhaps not directly in control but more of the puppet-master. As such, they strive to show the superiority of humanity by out-thinking our opponents. The gods gave us the ability to reason, and with that we became more powerful than a planet full of potential predators, why should we turn our backs on our brains to show how brutish we are or how greedy we've become? Why throw lives and money at an unknown force when we could seek out its advantages and even the playing field? War is won by the soldiers, but the soldiers are driven by Intel, so whomever has the best Intel, wins the war. Prometheus was known for his intelligence before all else, so too should humanity be.

Vikings often bore Red on their shields and ships, and history tells of how all consuming and unyielding said Viking raiders were. What you don't often hear are the Nine Nobel Virtues, a system of conduct that describe how a goodly man should conduct himself. Even to a stranger whom shows up uninvited. Samurai took Red armor to show how powerful and apt they were in combat, nearly all warrior cultures have kept Red on their persons. This is how I believe the Legion sees itself, at best. They strive to make it known that in the face of even unknown opposition humanity is strong, willing to take what we need to prove our worth as our own independent entity in a universe we are obviously not alone in, outclassed or not. That we are eager to show our might, unflinching in the face of a potential enemy. That we are not only ready to bare the hardship of war, but are happy to take the plunge. So like the warriors of old they don Red. Red for the blood of the enemy, Red for our great many sacrificed, Red for the power of humanity.

I also have to disagree with the hippy-dippy Green ideal. The Scottish Celts wore Green for nearly every ceremony and rite, even for the ritual sacrifice of their own people. Green is also the color of Greed, Jealousy, and money (or those who exist to "make a profit"). The Swarm is as power hungry as any Diplomat or Miser. And even if this is a cold war scenario, its still a war. As a symbol of money, Green can also be seen as industry or even diplomacy. I think Green is taken as the Swarm's color because they are expressing how much they are at an advantage, or rather how much they are willing to spend, sacrifice, or manipulate to garner said advantage. Making them an obvious ally for Qonqr to side with.

Purple is often associated with the critical thinkers and analytical or logic based processes, in history many nations chose Purple as the color for royalty because Purple was the hardest, and therefore most expensive, dye color to attain. Purple is often associated with scholars and scholarly pursuits, and likewise often Purple has been made a spiritual color relating directly to the mind and astral plane. Purple is the color of information. Faceless strives to be on top, perhaps not directly in control but more of the puppet-master. As such, they strive to show the superiority of humanity by out-thinking our opponents. The gods gave us the ability to reason, and with that we became more powerful than a planet full of potential predators, why should we turn our backs on our brains to show how brutish we are or how greedy we've become? Why throw lives and money at an unknown force when we could seek out its advantages and even the playing field? War is won by the soldiers, but the soldiers are driven by Intel, so whomever has the best Intel, wins the war. Prometheus was known for his intelligence before all else, so too should humanity be.

i wonder if this vast amount of wisdom and thought provoked by mixing norse mythology with science fiction is how you can up with the enchanting username of

blue.

like the never ending sea of untold wonders that crushes you when you attempt to explore its' deepest abyss...

=)

I'd say that red is for the Royal, angry, dangerous, (roman?) legionaires.

While green is for the peaceful naturethinking, growing, gooey swarm.

Last but not least is the faceless, thoughtfull, infofocused, arrogant but call and logical. I like purple :D