The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zopyros

Socialization in Qonqr

Some things that are well known to the veterans, but for those of you who are relatively isolated, new to the game, the faction, or just the social aspect of the game a few tips:

Any form of written communication can be leaked or forwarded via screenshot, so always be cautious who you share intel with...the walls have ears...

Two common apps for real time communication are Line and Groupme.

If you're feeling isolated take a few minutes and scan around you on the map in game, see another operative from your faction? Send them a wire message, they may not know you exist yet.

There's no reason you can't be friendly with players of the opposing faction; smack talk can be quite enjoyable while you're tearing down a Red or Purple tower (when you're Swarm, the Best Faction Ever), but being friendly can sometimes result in a faction change

- it's how I and 6 other Legion in my area (over time) became Swarm, the Swarm were nicer than (most of) the Legion

- or an alliance, a Swarm/Faceless (C.E.L.), Swam/Legion (Swegion) alliance may be beneficial if you're in an area dominated by an opposing faction - just remember, not all alliances last.

Some players will be rude, vulgar, or obscene (as much as the wire allows). Remember it's a game, and if you're having legitimate issues with another player bothering you, you can go to the portal and block in game messages from the player,

1. Just go to portal.qonqr.com

2. Login

3. Select "Web Portal" in the top left corner of the screen

4. Select "Players"

5. Search for the offending player and select their name

6. Just below the players avatar and basic profile information is a button to "block messages" from the player.

Some good points! Also, if someone is giving you the switch or die speech, reach out for help. It's hard enough to keep players playing as this game still doesn't have a huge volume of players. We should be encouraging noobs of all colors and helping them carve out a little spot.

However, rude folks should be annihilated.....lol.

It's just a game, so just try to have fun!

One faction ins't "nicer" than the rest. It's just that the player in your area, that happens to be playing for a certain faction, seems nicer than the others currently playing at the time. It's different wherever you go. So if you have real world friends that play the game, stick with their faction. It opens up a whole new world of fun, and it gives you someone to stand with when the inevitable "switch or die" speech comes.

Also noobs, if you're in a hotly contested area, don't expect people to be nice cause you're new. Its nothing against you, its just war. Find a large zone filled with your factions bots and start building your base there. And reach out to the leader of your area. They will be more than happy to assist you.

Swam/Legion (Swegion) alliance may be beneficial if you're in an area dominated by an opposing faction - just remember, not all alliances last.

is this a real thing?

i'm not even asking cuz the name is awful... i'm thinking legion [we must destory qonqr before it enslaves us all!!!] and swarm[qonqr must not be harmed, it will save all mankind!!!] are not overly compatible factions :unsure::wacko::unsure::wacko:

is this a real thing?

i'm not even asking cuz the name is awful... i'm thinking legion [we must destory qonqr before it enslaves us all!!!] and swarm[qonqr must not be harmed, it will save all mankind!!!] are not overly compatible factions :unsure::wacko::unsure::wacko:

Don't worry. We're not. Now go back to your hippy protests and we'll get back to saving the world.

;)

Don't worry. We're not. Now go back to your hippy protests and we'll get back to saving the world.

;)

i'm sure this is funny but i just don't get it. fairly sure legion & swarm could be called hippies.. not sure i understand how faceless could be but i'll get over it :ph34r:

i'm sure this is funny but i just don't get it. fairly sure legion & swarm could be called hippies.. not sure i understand how faceless could be but i'll get over it :ph34r:

My bad, thought you where swarm for some reason. How would Legion be considered hippies? Lol, we're almost 100% opposite of that.

Either way, go back to your government sanctioned hacking.

My bad, thought you where swarm for some reason. How would Legion be considered hippies? Lol, we're almost 100% opposite of that.

Either way, go back to your government sanctioned hacking.

legion = destory all machinery, all progress is bad, lets all live in caves and smell flowers and grow our own vegetables etc

legion = destory all machinery, all progress is bad, lets all live in caves and smell flowers and grow our own vegetables etc

Lololol, silly faceless. We're here to keep a malicious AI from turning into Skynet. We may keep our nanomissile silos in caves, but we hardly live there.

O as for growing your own vegetables, I highly recommend it. Its a great way to get some sunlight, learn good life skills and grow free healthy vegetables! Also I emphasis the sunlight part, you hackers need to get out more ;)

Lololol, silly faceless. We're here to keep a malicious AI from turning into Skynet. We may keep our nanomissile silos in caves, but we hardly live there.

O as for growing your own vegetables, I highly recommend it. Its a great way to get some sunlight, learn good life skills and grow free healthy vegetables! Also I emphasis the sunlight part, you hackers need to get out more ;)

i never said it was wrong, just saying thats why i think youre a smelly hippy :P