The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
IronBorn

3k exchange rate

I'm frustrated as well with this 3k exchange for three days. I'm surprised more people aren't complaining on the forums, because they sure are in the groupme's and wires. I understand the point of fluctuating the exchange but c'mon, it was 1500, then 1000, now its stuck at 3000, its aggravating waiting a week for something worthwhile to show up. I feel the only reason they are keeping it so low is out of financial greed. I purchased a save the bots deal and want to support QONQR as well but string me along for too long and... Why buy cubes at all with real money if you don't get any real benefit?

It might be a little hard to explain, but the fact that the exchange rate can stay variable, is because its variable. If they were financially greedy it would stay at 7k somewhere, but it would burnout the sales and eventually level off. The variableness of the ex rate bring the potential for more purchases than usual, or more than a static ex rate. Encourages people who would not normally buy cubes the incentive to get the deal "while its hot" its hard now but you feel more justified in getting a good deal if you buy when ex rate is at 7k vice 1k lol

I thought the exchange rate was based on Qube sales. More Qubes sold = higher exchange rate. I believe I remember Silver saying something along those lines anyway. I haven't tracked numbers, but the beginning of the month always seems to have several days with high exchange rates and they seem to become more sparse in the middle of the month. The best thing small spenders can do is budget wisely and purchase at the proper time.

The devs dont' control the exchange rate at all. If you read silver's posts he often says things like... Thankfully the exchange rate is high right now so people can actually test this out, or since the exchange rate is so low currently not many people are trying out this feature... ect ect...

They let an automated system run the whole thing. It may be based off purchases, it may not be. If it is truely random, then that's awesome. If its based off cube purchases I'd say you're going to have to wait another week or two for a truely good exchange rate due to the last few weeks being so high on average.

A random system would be preferable and the fairest. However since its been stuck at 3k for days the odds are against a random system. Its ok though, I won't exchange until its a lot higher and if we have to wait for it then so be it, more time to strategize how best to spend it.

I don't mind the low exchange rate for a while - whilst I have nothing against cubers - I have bought some myself - it puts every player on an even playing field for a little while. Makes teams work together to plan an attack or defend a zone which I think is the best part of the game.