The Official QONQR Community Forums
ghost67

Why not...?

We all have our reasons for why we chose our factions, but I'm curious as to how you decided against the other factions. What I'm trying to say is what about the other factions made you not want to be in them?

For me, I think the swarm are too reckless. The main goal of the human race is to prosper, right? I can see why new technology would be great, but what if the AI is evil and destroys us all? Better safe than sorry.

And for the legion... I can see why you would want to destroy QONQR. In fact, legion would be my second choice of faction. But think about this! This machine could be used for some pretty great things... Faceless things. >=)

Faceless is like a happy medium between the factions. That's good right? So why not join?

For me, it is the fact that when I was reading the background, as soon as I read AI, the terminator title track started playing in my head.

You do not hug skynet.

You do not dissect skynet.

You do your duty, and protect humanity, no matter the theoretical progress lost.

That aside, it was the character portraits that were the other deciding factor.

Honestly. The reasons i picked swarm may have been fairly random at the time. I noticed the other factions weren't led by a fictional hot asian girl and naturally I wanted to pledge my sword to any asian girl as my princess and i didn't care much for the details.

As time passed I have to say now that it is the people themselves. Holy cow the crew I hang with is huge and awesome. They do their best to help each other. They dont do alot of bragging or smack talking. We are quite accurately "Friends Fighting to help and support friends" Or atleast that is how I see it. We speak by action and not words which is much easier to understand than confusing offers of treaties and arrangements and twisted complex politcal scams.

So I may have joined almost randomly, but I'm very glad I chose this path and am honored to get to go swarming with my friends. You guys rock! I am definitely a swarm Lifer and will continue to do my best to help my friends to the best of my ability as I always have. Qonqr rules!

Faceless since I am obsessed with the emoticaster that Prometheus has and well if given the chance would learn to hack and develop hardware that would be hard to recreate and make it so we could walk around as a giant computer. Also tron was a thought that came to mind.

I didn't pick legion because they just wanted to destroy the a.i without knowing its intent. Swarm, I didn't because of two reasons.. 1) supposedly they embrace the a.i without question supposedly for humanity. 2) I dont buy the hippy thing hehe. Swarm is a corp, they want to cash in on the a.i ... Greed.

I picked faceless because if there were a middle ground, that's the closest thing to it. But again its not a perfect middle ground..more like I want to not destroy it because I want the a.i for myself but, I dont completely trust it

I was getting a strong "hur durr we r anonymus" vibe from Faceless so that kind of turned me away from it.

If this was real life, I'd probably side with Legion since there's too much we don't know about QONQR, but for a fictional universe I'd like to see where the technology brings the human race.

My reasons for joining Legion (in the beginning, before going merc, which also had nothing to do with the storyline) were strategic. Back in my old iPhone days, I was a pretty active member of Kingdoms of Camelot, a geosocial "war" game set in the middle ages. The *best* players, bar none, were military. Either stationed at bases in the US or abroad. It was amazingly cool to chat with these guys while they were on patrol in Afghanistan, and meeting their squads (who also played, sometimes for differing alliances).

When I got my Windows phone, that game was not available so I went looking for something similar. I found Qonqr and went with the same theory, and since Legion is military-centric, I thought it was a no-brainer.

What I didn't realize, was that military people don't seem to be using the latest Windows phones (or haven't found Qonqr yet). The people that have, tend to be IT people, and they tend to choose Faceless because they like to envision themselves as uber-hackers. And the personality traits of the average IT person differ DRAMATICALLY from your average military person, resulting in incredibly different forms of game "strategies".

I'll leave it at that... ;)

I picked Faceless because the story matches my personality. Legion is the exact opposite of what I wanted. Swarm was a close second, and I almost picked them because I live in Dublin, and Green is all over the city. I feel kind of like a jerk for having the city purple, but I am happy with my choice.

When I started playing many moons ago my 2 friends approached me and said, "hey we're playing this cool game called qonqr and I'm on the green team and he is on the red team. You have to play the purple team." My friends made a good choice for me, I enjoy faceless.

I think I've already answered this question in the post where I asnwered on how I chose my faction..

But anyway..

I only glanced quite briefly through the descriptions and to me there was only one obvious choise..

1) Legion was lead by NSA and when I joined (Aug 2013) NSA was in the hype of its data collecting scandal so I think it was out of question. Also.. NSA is a foreign security agency and I didn't want to part of that.

2) The Faceless to me is almost the same as The Anonymous. At least in the idea of things. So to me it seemed like the least imaginable faction to be in.

3) Swarm I had nothing against it. It's a foreign faction like Legion, but at least I can think it to be a foreign company acting globally much unlike the NSA. Also when you think of the reasons I didn't want to be part of a already existing group (NSA or "The Anonymous"). So it was very interesting to play something that is completely new (although no of the factions are truely very imaginable I still think that The Swarm has the most imagination in it's origin).

Exactly de same reason as njayhuang

I thought Faceless was for kids playing hackers. And I tend to pick up the righteous ones in games more often than not, which to me is what Legion kind of represents.

So I picked up Swarm, for a change.