The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sk_one

QONQR maps not loading zones

About an hour ago my scope and several other QONQR scopes stopped loading zones on the QONQR map. Is anyone else having this issue and if so has anyone been able to find a solution. I have verified reports of this happening across both platforms Windows and Apple. So far its happened to Nokia 1020, 822, 1520, and iPhone4 all at the same time.

We are having the same problem in MI.

I'm okay though, it seems if you were already logged in and had the zone up you might be unaffected. I've had luck using my pinned short-cuts on the desktop (WP8).

But, if you leave the zone you were in you'll be locked out of that zone and the rest of the map.

So don't leave the zone you are in. You can still attack and stack in that zone.

Yes started happening to me tonight. Only fix i have found is to zoom all the way out, move to another part of the map, then move back to the area you want and zoom back in. Seem to load some areas but not all of them.

Scope wont fire reliably either.

It is fixed, I think.

For the technical folks. I had to rebuild the index on the database for zones by lat/lon to get the system working again last night. But I wasn't able to determine why the index stopped working. I chalked it up to fluke corruption.

This morning I awoke at 4 am to find the maps offline again. I think I found the reason the index was not working. I restructured the index definition.

The result should keep the map in the game working, however, anyone running the command center will probably not be able to monitor the whole world or whole US/Europe for recent activity. Do me a favor, keep your zone monitoring to a 50 mile area. This includes the API users. I'm working on a longer term solution.

Thanks Silver for the quick response in resolving the issue. I hope you don't have to bang your head against the wall too much to find a permanent solution across all platforms.