The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kirra

Qonqr - 2014 Plans/Goals

So after that epic exchange rate you all gave the Qonqr community for Christmas I hope your fisical year profits are better than ever and continue to rise, but I have a small request.

With the new year on the horizon, do you think you could put up a blog post with some teasers for what's to come on the horizon?

No spoilers necessary as we all love surprises, but maybe some divulgence?

Here's what I "think" is in the future.

1) A printed version of the qonqr comic issue #1 printed by IDW containing a QR code with a surprise.

2) Haxor resistant version of Qonqr for Android release available on jellybean/ics to current.

3) Ability to add zones to a favorite's list across all platforms using the zone ID number. (yes yes WP will still be able to pin, lol)

4) Premium version of the game? Essentially the same version but you get +1 launch added to each overheat cycle and you get a special achieve called "Sponsor". The premium version allows you a "head start" into future beta tests should you choose to opt in for it. $19.99 or so.

5) This is the tastiest rumor that I am salivating over... ok i'm also hungry but more to the point.

Qonqr 2.0

You've said bases were going to play an important role in Qonqr 2.0, but other than that, crickets.

Any teaser info you can share would be awesome!

Happy New Years to you and yours.

- Kirra

Maybe Silver could "drop" some pages that get leaked? nothing like oh this and that will happen but just a "crumb" or two. LOL even better, give us a few words and we can try to guess what coming from that.

2013 may be remembered as the year of GroupMe. There is a common adage in game development: if you don’t build something, the community will find a replacement. Our players did that when it came to private group messaging. GroupMe changed the dynamic of the game significantly this year. Massive attacks of many players from multiple states have occurred throughout the year. Unfortunately, this resulted in hundreds of emails to support, “These 5 accounts have to be multi-scopers!!!” Some had not discovered GroupMe yet, and could not fathom how so many players could attack the same zone at once, then move to a new zone in unison. By now, it is hard to find players that don’t know about GroupMe and we feel confident it is likely to be a QONQR player tool that is here to stay.

http://blog.qonqr.com

I just HAD to go back and find an old post of mine from when I first started, after reading your blog post...and I found it

I'm new here... 3 days old in fact... and I was wondering how the more seasoned players coordinate/communicate? The Wire is helpful, but is prone to delayed responses- no bueno if you're getting ransacked. Props to gmenman and woman for awesome response time and awesome missile strikes earlier today though! But I was thinking, what about using a text based app like GroupMe - (or something that works better) for regional communication in the moment. I just started a "Room" on my Windows Phone today and added ECAPHCIR and AntiBabel (two best friends who are now lvl 20+ Legionnaires!) to try and corral all our QONQR texting to one thread with room for screenshots and such. I'd love to add gmenman, gmenwoman, unworthysaint, pezz... local Legion to a texting thread/hub/group/room whatever. I'm thinking maybe a LEGION- Philly room with those mentioned, then also maybe LEGION- Tri-State encompassing NJ, DE, and PA, maybe NY too... too broad for daily activities, but essential for regional campaigns and such. It seems like a perfect next step to me... but I tend towards over-zealousness at times. ;) Thoughts?

Apparently I have a prophetic gift LOL!

Looking forward to new features. I don't think you should waste your time on implementing a extensive ingame chat function. Like ArcSyn shows, there are plenty of options for chat on all platforms. Maybe adding the option to show your WeChat/WhatsApp/GroupMe/etc ID in your profile and the option to show it to everybody/nobody/faction-only would be an elegant solution.

I have made two blog posts on 2013 and 2104

http://blog.qonqr.com

just reading it now [bit late hey?]

one thing i'd add, about player helping/website related is [and forgive me if there is already] but something in the little walkthrough at the start about checking out the forum would be good, if there is already then perhaps something more noticeably as i think alot of people take quite awhile to discover the forum and not alot of people use it at all, would be nice to make it more active and that would certainly help players 'get the bug' and find the help they need, aiding retention levels