The Official QONQR Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zhris

Lore? What lore?

So, beyond the faction descriptions and the comics, is there any on-going plot? As boring as Ingress is once you hit max level, one thing they did get right is an amazingly rich backstory that continues to evolve; weekly news reports, Twitter feeds, live meet-ups, etc. A weekly QONQR podcast (the QONQast?) would be awesome at this; you could have a highlight reel of major ops during the week, as well as 'news reports' on what's going on with major characters and themes in-game. You could even have the players influence the lore; a major coup for a certain faction could spell success for that faction's leader.

P.S. I realize the faction 'leaders' do have Twitter feeds now, but mostly what I've seen of them is retweets of recruiting posts and replies to comments/ questions; nothing that advances the QONQR story.

Something I've realized is that almost everyone has a story. How they started, how they met others, lessons they've learned, bumps in the road, spies, betrayals, drama. It's amazing. I've listened to others' and I've run over mine over and over in my head. Maybe... This could be something? haha a big collection of player stories like an archive for future qonqrers. Qonqr history? I'm sure Pittsburgh would go in there. This has nothing to do with your post does it? ah well.

Also, Happy late birthday! I saw it passed recently. Hope you had a good one! :)

This has been an ongoing issue. I believe once they finish the Android version we're going to see a large refocusing of the Dev's priorities. I wouldn't be surprised if the story line gets rehashed and you see a certain faction change completely...

This has been an ongoing issue. I believe once they finish the Android version we're going to see a large refocusing of the Dev's priorities. I wouldn't be surprised if the story line gets rehashed and you see a certain faction change completely...

i hope your using the term "finish" loosely... but I'd love for more lore and comic pages and even a new faction!

:blink: :blink:

one thing i've learnt over my lifetime is change is always ALWAYS bad.

i would like to volunteer to be a story writer. full time employment a bonus but not essential :D

I dunno I agree with A_Mai. This game has a rich soup opera story of spies, betrayals', cubing's, bullies etc etc.... Which is most of the reason I still play.

it does, but it is stored within each player - if a new player comes along there is no way they will ever find out about it without playing long enough to be told it all - and alot of players don't hang out long enough to find out

Maybe that could start here. Write you're story. Tell us of you're struggles, of epic battles, that sadness of losing a player. I think that is the best use of this forum.

i have started, in the fan fiction section [although not added more since xmas, been too busy to edit what ive done since then but trying to get back onto it]

the thing is though, what % of new players look [or even know about] the forum?

i didn't know about the forum until after i had got hooked, if i hadn't got hooked i would never have come here......

the thing is though, what % of new players look [or even know about] the forum?

On the windows phone there are adds that direct players to the forums and Qonqr's website. I believe this will increase traffic and help them get connected. Also the creation of the "new players" function should help us get new players plugged into the game faster.

one thing i've learnt over my lifetime is change is always ALWAYS bad.

False, change is usually a good thing. Keep things the way they are and it becomes stale, stagnant and outdated. If you don't change, you will get left behind and be replaced by something newer. Its the way life goes.

Now that being said, I think its super obvious what generation you where born in and what generation I was born it! Haha :)

i hope your using the term "finish" loosely...

I am, Android is and always will be a pain in the developer's assets.

False, change is usually a good thing. Keep things the way they are and it becomes stale, stagnant and outdated. If you don't change, you will get left behind and be replaced by something newer. Its the way life goes.

are you sure you are legion and i'm faceless? haha.

as for

On the windows phone there are adds that direct players to the forums and Qonqr's website

i play on a windows phone, took me ages to find the forum and even longer to find the comics and even still the storyline is fairly invisible and i'm sure we all have very different ideas of what is happening in the world of qonqr.

Working hard on my fan fics but my main problem is that I like to warp other people's stories into mine as cross encounters and staying loyal to my roots in technical engineering and data control and my place as the faceless shadow in a swarm and legion dominated area. So when the story evolves I will make newer stories and might edit the old to update them to the newer model of the story

Working hard on my fan fics but my main problem is that I like to warp other people's stories into mine as cross encounters and staying loyal to my roots in technical engineering and data control and my place as the faceless shadow in a swarm and legion dominated area. So when the story evolves I will make newer stories and might edit the old to update them to the newer model of the story

yeah this is a major problem in creating fan fiction - there is so little cannon to go on that we are all basically creating everything from scratch

Maybe that could start here. Write you're story. Tell us of you're struggles, of epic battles, that sadness of losing a player. I think that is the best use of this forum.

I'm going to make a thread for that in the fan-fic section.. I feel like people ignore my threads sometimes though. "eww, it's A_mai."