The Official QONQR Community Forums
Silver

Switch Factions

Actually, there are not as far as I know any active swarm players in Los Angeles. The green carpet you see is from about a month ago when a bunch of high level swarm players from Sacramento took a road trip down to Disneyland and left a sea of destruction in their wake, as well as 1,000,000 bots in the Anaheim zone.

All those purple patches you see are only going to keep growing. I try to keep them in check when I go to Lakers games or visit relatives now and then, but there is only so much I can do.

I know Michigan is mostly purple and red with splotches of green. That's why I changed in the first place. Almost all of MI's lower peninsula was purple. Much of the Upper Peninsula was/is red. I'm doing what I can to add some green, but it's a hard slog right now. Balance makes for more entertaining battles!

bah I didn't want to try and sell you on a faction, but I thought for sure you'd pick the one that would give you a challenge (swarm) being as how they are the underdogs.. rather than the one that would give you security (legion) since they are so dominant you can just sit around and not work very hard. Since it will be all easy the game would certainly not be as exciting as being a tiny rebel faction trying to out wit two groups with about a 10 to 1 advantage. I suppose the choice is logical and energy efficient .. only a mad man would choose the hardest road. ANyway enjoy your new post! :)

So far being in the legion has been very similar to being in the Faceless: I dominate everything within my 50 mile diameter zone. Being Legion has offered more game interaction though and on the whole I'm pretty happy wearing RED.

Question about switching.

I have switched from Faceless to Legion and in the process picked up a 20 rank penalty points. Now although i agree with this and the spy status but in my position i don't think this is fair as the only reason i needed to switch was because i didn't have the information i needed when i signed up to the game to make the right decision. If i had of known how much Faceless was in my area i would not if chose that Faction.

Wheatchief - First, should have gone Swarm. ;-) Second, this is a thing that's been discussed on the forums at some length. The developers are aware of it.

The downside is that you lost 20 rank points. The up side is that you've gotten the Spy achievement, and rank points don't affect the game play at all. So while you'll be sitting at Private for a while, it wont hinder your ability to do anything in the game. Keep playing, you'll be ranking up in no time!

I'm not worried at all, i like the challenge and must admit it was a toss up between legion and swarm. I chose legion because one of my friends had already chosen swarm. The northeast of England is quiet at the moment but i think a storm is brewing.