The Official QONQR Community Forums
ukvlad

Faceless in London UK

It sounds like all sour grapes to me, if there is a truce it's a truce and not a pact of mutual assistance so there's nothing to stop Legion attacking either Swarm or Faceless to take control of city zones, just because Legion are not strong enough to launch attacks they're expecting Swarm and Faceless to attack each other so they can come in and clean up the pieces...

It sounds like all sour grapes to me, if there is a truce it's a truce and not a pact of mutual assistance so there's nothing to stop Legion attacking either Swarm or Faceless to take control of city zones, just because Legion are not strong enough to launch attacks they're expecting Swarm and Faceless to attack each other so they can come in and clean up the pieces...

aye me too for the most part. faceless has always [as long as i've played this and seemingly before too] been the weakest faction in the uk, when i joined there was only a handful of players in the top 50 and most of them don't play now

so a host of players quit on faceless because they couldn't be bothered with hard work. please excuse us if we organised ourselves and have gained a footholdin the country.

robbi is right the uk is getting more active and more fun, not sure why anyone is complaining tbh

Still burning cubes at a rate and a half though

Qonqr must literally be seething :D

Looks like Arab's got one target in mind. He'll be knocking on your door soon Butters.

basic pyschology 101, desperate tactic there leigh :P

Nowt desperate about it. Just a straightforward prediction. If I was desperate Id put my hand in my pocket and burn cubes too.

You just try to read too much into other peoples observations Tristar. :-D

Nowt desperate about it. Just a straightforward prediction. If I was desperate Id put my hand in my pocket and burn cubes too.

You just try to read too much into other peoples observations Tristar. :-D

:ph34r:

Did someone say cubing Arab?

Im not cubing that much. Mainly at night before i fall sleep and only to stack. When was the last time i attacked with refreshes?

Does anyone care about their position on the leaderboards that much? Its not accurate enough. Would be nice to see a breakdown of most def, bots killed, most hated etc.

DISCLAIMER: DodgyArab retains the right to possibly maybe, or not, who knows, cube attack at any point in the future.

Did someone say cubing Arab?

Im not cubing that much. Mainly at night before i fall sleep and only to stack. When was the last time i attacked with refreshes?

Does anyone care about their position on the leaderboards that much? Its not accurate enough. Would be nice to see a breakdown of most def, bots killed, most hated etc.

DISCLAIMER: DodgyArab retains the right to possibly maybe, or not, who knows, cube attack at any point in the future.

list of one that is ;)

I take an bit of an interest in the leader boards, but I don't take it too seriously, otherwise I woudnt have let all you faceless pass me :P. A better way would probably be to compare the hoard board with bot kills, it would show whether you just stack, attack, or both. People suggest using zone leads, but it doesn't represent how much competition for leads there is.

Hoarding in a countrywide board such as UK with such a massive region as is England, MUST be purely for the sake of getting to the top. It tells us that you have a lot of time on your hands. Hence my request for smaller regions within the UK. That would possibly put a stop to that. There is no useful information to be had from the national hoardboard!! *Achievements* should be heralded ... not repetitive clicking.

The leader board should reflect bot kills rather than bots stacked. It would certainly change the dynamic of the current game.

leaderboards for kills, captures etc are available from the portal though.

the reason stacks works best [imo] is it fluctuates. those no longer playing steadily drop down the leaderboard to be replaced by more current players. if the top 50 was kills there would probably be many on it still who haven't played the game in ages and it would take newer players far longer to reach it - especially those who may be marooned out in areas with few or even noboty to kill...

Hoarding in a countrywide board such as UK with such a massive region as is England, MUST be purely for the sake of getting to the top. It tells us that you have a lot of time on your hands. Hence my request for smaller regions within the UK. That would possibly put a stop to that. There is no useful information to be had from the national hoardboard!! *Achievements* should be heralded ... not repetitive clicking.

http://community.qon...e__hl__scotland

i don't agree at all, as i said on that post. i find it quite daft when you look on a regional leaderboard and see players in high positions with one deployment of bots. you can easily get in the top 10 on a region in a european country with a few missiles, whats the point in that? i've messaged people before in the top rankings in places only to find they were holidaying there and are from the otherside of the planet. its not perfect the way it is but its as good as i can think of, and better IMO than your suggestion.

no offense ment, i just don't agree.

"...MUST be purely for the sake of getting to the top". Well no Vanguardian, your missing the primary reason someone would stack deflectors into a zone. To defend it. Its irrelevant how big the region is. Im also not sure what play style offends you so much that you would want to "put a stop to it".

Maybe you assumed that all i do is stack and never attack? No, i (i should say we) attack all the time. Sometimes outside London and sometimes EU attacks. Spend most of the last two days attacking outside London (missiles).

"It tells us that you have a lot of time on your hands". Im not sure what your point is but 24 hours in the day -6 to 8 hours sleepy time. About 20 minutes per full bot refresh per deployment. - a few hours when im doing something that means i cant get to my phone for the 30 seconds it takes to deploy. Id say that is pretty much the same time most people have. I assure you i have not found a way to cheat time.

Absolutely no offence taken. You're entitled to disagree.

I understand what you mean about the leaderboard in other countries. In fact, I've found that players in small countries are a bit intimidated by the overwhelming lead at the top. The result of that is that they quickly convert and the whole country is a sea of one colour and the only action is when a visitor of a different faction arrives. Take a look at the United Arab Emirates on your zone map, for instance. It's pretty much one guy there. I don't think the leaderboard is even filled. I'm sure you know loads of others. I've also had easy pickings from holiday-makers' or business peoples' zones who are no longer there. None of it is good for the game.

In the regions of more active countries, you can make a guess-timate on who's who and how well you or they are doing in the local area. It helps you suss-out the battlezone. In the UK, as you enter any particular town or county, you don't have that guide. The guy with the most zones isn't necessarily the biggest danger but that would be a better system than the present one. Also, for those who like to hoard bots, a lot of UK new-starts have no chance of being on any leaderboard. It would take forever to start out and push your way up past the top screen-tappers in England, whereas he might have a chance in his own area. Maybe it would be better to have a page of in-depth regional statistics than a leaderboard.

Sorry, I didn't mean to high-jack the topic. It just had some relevance to what you were saying. IMO ... Swarm and Faceless are entitled to make as many pacts and agreements as they like and the Legion have no business interfering with that. The Legion should go and make a pact with someone else. Oops, there is no-one else. :)

I'm not talking about people who are defending. I meant 'put a stop' to people trying to get to the top for no reason other than getting to the top, which seems to be annoying some others. It doesn't annoy me ... I don't live in London and I don't know how much you need to defend but I can't imagine it has to be in the millions. It would bother me if I did live there and I think I would have found it too difficult to get started. However, you who live there, may know better. Maybe it's stacking that causes stacking by others but it does exclude some people from the game. However, I'm well aware it won't stop now .... and probably CAN'T stop now.

dont worry about hijacking, it was a rubbish topic anyway ;)

In the UK, as you enter any particular town or county, you don't have that guide. The guy with the most zones isn't necessarily the biggest danger but that would be a better system than the present one. Also, for those who like to hoard bots, a lot of UK new-starts have no chance of being on any leaderboard. It would take forever to start out and push your way up past the top screen-tappers in England, whereas he might have a chance in his own area. Maybe it would be better to have a page of in-depth regional statistics than a leaderboard.

i find it fairly easy to suss out who the threats are by looking at players in and around the zones i want to hit and checking out the players total kills crossed with leads and join date

also i disagree about new starts having no chance on any leaderboard - of course they do, it just takes dedication to the game, if they aren't going to stick at it they don't deserve to be on the leaderboard and if they could get on it in a short space of time it would de value the achievemnt of getting on there...

oh and...

I don't know how much you need to defend but I can't imagine it has to be in the millions.

you would be surprised :D

Yeah, no zone is really 'safe'. Zones are often anywhere between 500k and 3m for a decent zone in central London. Even then, the largest zones will get taken down quite quickly with a team attack.

For too long now the prestigious centre of London has been ‘owned’ by Swarm. You, Faceless, currently have the numbers and fire power to change this and put a different colour into the heart of our Capital city. Yet you look to have have been duped into some stupid alliance that keeps you occupied in the suburbs.

You forget that some of us, you know, actually live in the suburbs, and that we actually want to take our local zones. Im actually less interested in London zones than I am my locals.

You forget that some of us, you know, actually live in the suburbs, and that we actually want to take our local zones. Im actually less interested in London zones than I am my locals.

How dare you speak this way about your capital!

How dare you speak this way about your capital!

I'll go one step further than 'less interested' ..i couldn't care less about london, hate more or less every second i'm there, horrible place. nice restaurants but that is it.